Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3846141 times)

yb

Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #2900 on: November 11, 2007, 03:07:41 am »

I think that's a new tattoo he keeps massaging.  Can anyone tell what it's of?

I had the same thought watching the video, another tattoo?  I think he sure gives the make-up artists headaches to cover up all his tattoos.

Regarding MTV's interview with Jack Nicholson, it has caused a great debate among the Batman fans in pondering whether Jack was serious or joking.  I myself felt that, if there was only the first question, I would say he was joking, but with all the other questions and his answers, it's hard to think he was not serious. 

I really hope I'll get to see "I'm Not There", but I think I can only wait until DVD comes out.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2901 on: November 11, 2007, 03:23:00 am »

I wonder how all the other Batman people acted, about being replaced by the later people?
That sounds like sour grapes, if he really thinks that way...If he is saying it with tongue in cheek,,then that may be ok..   He is too old and comic booky to fit in the Nolan series...
       That was Tim Burtons movie this is Nolans....Not in the same genre.

I cant get the video to work,,,,boo hoo.

Beautiful mind

yb

« Reply #2902 on: November 11, 2007, 03:48:09 am »

I cant get the video to work,,,,boo hoo.

Do you refer to the interview link I posted?  I just click on the screen and the interview would load.

yb

« Reply #2903 on: November 11, 2007, 03:52:07 am »
From an article on I'm Not There:

"The philandering, mid-Seventies' Dylan, played by Heath Ledger, and re-christened Robbie, is perhaps the most enigmatic, and the most intriguing, presence in the film. This is the Dylan who wrote 'Blood on the Tracks', and the plaintive broken-hearted ballad 'Sara', perhaps the most naked cri de couer he ever wrote."

http://www.scenta.co.uk/Music/1709121/who-does-bob-think-he-is.htm

Thanks for this review, very interesting article.  Mmm, this is the first review that I can think of that said anything remotely negative about Blanchett's Dylan; I'll have to see for myself if I would agree or not.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2904 on: November 11, 2007, 06:16:33 am »
Here are the Heath-centric quotes from a long article in "Premiere" magazine on I'm Not There:

"It's comforting knowing how detached we are [from a literal biography], and free because of that," says Ledger, whose costume this afternoon is a green turtleneck and a corduroy suit so tan and wide-waled it looks like corrugated cardboard. "In conventional biopics, no matter how hard you try or how good the performances are, you're always defaming that person. You're always taking a little bit away from them and not giving them anything. So I think this film is attempting to honor Dylan in some way, as opposed to capture him."

[snip]

"This was the hardest location to secure," Haynes says. "We had to pull every string, use every connection. We finally got the okay after Heath posed for a photo with the museum director."

[snip]

Ledger, too, "went back and discovered a whole bunch of his music that I'd never heard," then set to work on Robbie's voice. "As an Australian, I always have to do an accent, so it's the first thing I start with," he says. "Once I have the voice, that's the line, and at the end of the line is a hook, and attached to that is the soul. Then the wardrobe and the fake beards are the icing on the cake." He sighs again. "Apart from Cate, who looked and sounded and breathed and probably smelled like Bob Dylan — I was blown away by what she did — I think the rest of us are just trying to let him bleed through subtly."

Sighs aside, Ledger is clearly jazzed by working with Haynes. "This is so refreshing. You get a sense that he's really reinventing film," Ledger says. "The crew are working 20-hour days, and they don't complain, and afterward they all meet up in the camera truck for an extra hour to drink beer and watch the dailies, because they're so blown away with what he's doing. They're saying, 'Fellini's been resurrected.' It's really sweet, everyone's trying to pour themselves into it — for free — because they believe in him. It's feeling like the world's most expensive student film, in the most beautiful possible way. I wish I could work like this every time with a director like Todd. It's amazing he's gotten away with it so far. We have a bondsman on set who's running the show, but even he lets it go 'til 3 or 4 in the morning, because he's loving it as well."

http://www.premiere.com/features/4170/premiere-on-the-set-im-not-there.html

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2905 on: November 11, 2007, 06:18:40 am »
Jumping around (sorry), a new-to-me shot of Heath as The Joker:

Source: heathbaby.com

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2906 on: November 11, 2007, 06:20:51 am »
In NYC's Chinatown, October 31st, 2007

For a slideshow of 10 lovely non-intrusive-seeming photos, go to
http://picasaweb.google.com/HeathHeathens/HeathInChinatownNYOctober302007?authkey=EoxbsOpPpv8

Source: heathbaby.com and heathheathens.net

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2907 on: November 11, 2007, 06:29:56 am »
In Soho, November 1st, 2007

Source: heathheathens.net

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2908 on: November 11, 2007, 06:33:28 am »
With Joaquin Phoenix outside The Spotted Pig, same day.

Source: heathheathens.net

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2909 on: November 11, 2007, 06:35:25 am »
Ching!  At that I'm Not There benefit concert.

Source:heathheathens.net