Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9255682 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #13020 on: May 20, 2014, 08:08:58 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Yup, it's the last night of bowling!  ;D

Hope that everyone is doing well, and having a good week so far.  Sun continues to shine here, but rain for tomorrow.  Work is getting busier, but that's to be expected.

Kelda, good to see you back!!!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13021 on: May 21, 2014, 07:58:09 pm »

Bowling is over!  Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!   Time for a well deserved break!

Got home from work today, to find 5 bees in the apartment.   I'm not amused.  Thankfully the air conditioning was on, and made the apartment too cold for them, and they curled up and died.

I left a voicemail with the super, and the property mgmt.   I lived in my parents' place for decades, and remember perhaps 4 stinging insects that whole time getting in.  In just over one year, I've had 9 insects get in.  To me that's extreme.

Looking forward to the 3 day weekend this week.  ;)  Hope everyone has some good plans.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13022 on: May 22, 2014, 08:26:04 pm »

Yup, this is how I feel.

I got home from work yesterday, and there were 5 bees in the apartment.   >:(  Thankfully, I had misheard the weatherman in the morning, and had the A/C set for 64 degrees.  This is apparently too cold for bees, and they had all curled up on the windowsill.

I stored them all in a Ziploc bag, and called the super and the property manager, and told them this needs to be fixed.  I received a call at work telling me that someone will be coming here tomorrow while I'm at work to see what they can find.  It's a chilly night here, but the A/C is still on and set to 64.  I had turned it off for a while, and then bee #6 decided to come out of hiding and started to crawl along the floor.  I managed to scoop it up with a glass, and deposit him on the windowsill, OUTSIDE the screen.

I tried to come to BM today at work, but the site was blocked.  I don't know why, I can still get other sites (including DCF) but I can't get here.  Oh well.  So I guess I'll be coming here after work instead of during.  :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13023 on: May 23, 2014, 06:37:43 am »

Yup, three day weekend here!  Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Hoping that today is a slow day at work, and I can get caught up on a ton of stuff!  ;D

People will be in the apartment today, looking at my bee problem, so I'm glad I kept it clean!   :laugh:   No major plans tonight.  Tomorrow I'll do laundry and visit the parents, Sunday is a bbq with some of the guys from bowling, and then Monday will be a day of rest.....maybe a small bbq with the parents.  We'll see.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Offline bentgyro

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #13024 on: May 24, 2014, 01:12:37 pm »
Enjoy your weekend.....I had mine last week (Victoria Day, we have da Queen, ya know, eh) :laugh:
Made this week at work short, have lost track of the days and it's Saturday, already.

Offline bentgyro

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #13025 on: May 24, 2014, 01:52:36 pm »
You have your bees, I have my birds.  This morning I looked out the kitchen window and saw a bird lying on the sun deck.  When I went outside, it was some kind of hawk.....dead but still warm...must have hit one of the windows and broke it's neck.  Brought it to work as one of my co-workers is a birder...he's all happy and will take it home and look up in his books to identify what kind it is.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13026 on: May 24, 2014, 10:58:55 pm »
Wow, crazy story about the bird!  that would freak me out.

Got my laundry done today, and got some cleaning done.  Tomorrow and Monday I'm invited to BBQs, so I needed to get this done today.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13027 on: May 26, 2014, 12:34:10 pm »

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13028 on: May 27, 2014, 06:26:02 pm »
Hello Bettermost friends!

How is everyone today?

Short week this week, thankfully!  Will be nice to have Friday come so soon!

things are getting busy, but that's to be expected for this time of year.  I did manage to get stuff done today, so I'm happy about that.   THis weekend I have a concert to go to with my friends.

Speaking of concerts and music, I've discovered a group called "The Birthday Massacre".  They do a style of music called "Dark Wave"....Think 80s 'new wave'  like Depeche Mode, but with darker melodies and lyrics.  THis is one of my fave songs from them, it's called "Calling".

This is not the group, however.  For this song they had a contest for fans to make their own videos for the song.  There are so many out there, it's hard to even figure out which one is the real one.  LOL

[youtube=425,350]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCfE52_NyjQ[/youtube]

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13029 on: May 28, 2014, 07:02:00 pm »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Yeah, I could've used her help today!  LOL   The phone just kept ringing and ringing.....I had plans of what I wanted to do, but damn, I couldn't get it done!  LOL   I guess that's called "job security".

:laugh:

AIDS Walk Boston is coming up, I'm gonna be thinking of Brokies all weekend.    Hope you all have a blast!!