Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9084421 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #3170 on: July 14, 2008, 11:07:35 am »
Hardly!

It was high cal, and I stuffed my face with it all!

;D :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #3171 on: July 14, 2008, 11:17:18 am »
Howdy Chuck - a - lot

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #3172 on: July 14, 2008, 11:18:25 am »
Hey Chuck Bob and I have to go on diets.  Do you have any suggestions on how to loose weight?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #3173 on: July 14, 2008, 11:29:38 am »
Howdy Dev!

I can tell you what worked for me, but it will take some time to type it here......and I have to dash out soon!

I'll post the info for you later tonight!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #3174 on: July 14, 2008, 09:22:51 pm »
Ok Dev, here is the information I can give, but please keep in mind I'm not a physcian/doctor/nutritionist.  You should also get a physical with your doctor, and discuss your goals with him.

Also, you need to understand that this is not a "diet" but a lifestyle change.  If you get down to your goal weight, and start falling back into old habits, you will gain the weight back.

When I started, I was at 295lbs, and had a 46 inch waist, and looked like this:

I'm currently flucuating between 215 to 220 pounds, and have a 36 inch waist, and look like this.

I'm determined to hit my goal of 185lbs, which will be a total of 110 pounds lost all together.

Now, here is what worked for me:

I cut all regular soda and sugared drinks out.  I have diet sodas, spring water, and unsweetened teas.  I removed white bread and pasta, and replaced them with wheat bread and pasta.  If I have a bagel, it's a wheat bagel that I "gut", removing almost all the dough. 

Chips/Doritos are gone.  Snack on dry roasted, unsalted peanuts.  Not only are they healthier, there is something in the peanut that natually lowers blood sugar. 

Avoid coffee shops, those flavored coffees are loaded with extra calories!!!

Lunch each day is a salad, with grilled chicken.  I don't put any "extra" stuff on it.  No cheese, no bacon bits, no croutons. 

Dinner is whatever I feel like having, I only limit it to one serving, and then leave the table.

NO FAST FOOD!!!!

DON'T DEPRIVE YOURSELF!  If you want a piece of chocolate, allow yourself to have it.  Everything in moderation, buy treats that you can ration.  Instead of a chocolate bar, buy chocolate kisses, so you can have two kisses, which will give you a taste of chocolate, and you won't be tempted to eat the whole bar. 

Make sure you read labels!  Anything that you eat, read the labels.  If sugar or HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) are in the first 5 ingredients, don't buy it.  Try to avoid HFCS at all costs. 

Make sure you eat all the meals you need.  Skipping meals will mess with your metabolism.

Try to eat 5 smaller meals throughout the day.  If you can't do that, make sure you eat 3 meals, with the heavier meals in the morning.  If you eat your heaviest meal at the end of the day, you end up sitting around doing nothing to burn it off.

Exercise is a must, so accept that, and make time for it.  I have this cartoon in my cubicle at work, to always "push" me to the gym......

When I started exercising, I did it twice a day, when I first woke up, and about 2 hours before I went to bed.  Each session was only 15 minutes long, and I used a low impact DVD called "Walk Away The Pounds" wth Leslie Sansone.  It's not high impact at all, but it's a great workout, and I recommend them.

Here is a link to her site, and the page where you can order the DVDs that I started with.

http://www.lesliesansonevideos.com/watp3complete.htm

The DVD features a 1 Mile (15 minutes), 2 Mile (30 minutes), and 3 Mile (45 minutes) walk.  For the first month, I did the 1 mile twice a day.  After a month, did the 1 mile in the morning, and the 2 mile at night, in the 3rd month, the 2 mile twice a day, 4th month, 2 mile in the morning, and the 3 mile at night, and in the 5th month, the 3 mile twice a day.  I'm currently working on the 4 mile dvd, which is an hour, and features "boosted walking".

Here are two clips of Leslie's workouts.  This is the 1 Mile Walk....

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_5jioGx8wI[/youtube] 

And this is the 3 Mile walk......

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyEnvBHstyk[/youtube]

Just keep in mind that you won't see very quick results, but it will keep the pounds off.  You are better taking it off slowly, it stays off that way.  So far, I've maintained my 80 pound loss for about 5 years now. 

I hope this helps ya, Dev!!!!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #3175 on: July 15, 2008, 08:08:43 am »

Happy Tuesday, BetterMost!!!!

Well so far, it's a good day!  Not hot or humid in NJ, and that's always good!   ;D

How is everyone?

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #3176 on: July 15, 2008, 08:30:29 am »
Mornin!
It's even cool here. was 65 this mornin.
Heard about the terrrible rip tides at the shore this morning.
There was a drowning in Wildwood just down the shore from my Grandparents.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #3177 on: July 15, 2008, 09:02:01 am »
Mornin!
It's even cool here. was 65 this mornin.
Heard about the terrrible rip tides at the shore this morning.
There was a drowning in Wildwood just down the shore from my Grandparents.

I believe there were 4 drownings this weekend off the Jersey shore.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #3178 on: July 15, 2008, 09:03:54 am »

I believe there were 4 drownings this weekend off the Jersey shore.
WOW!
I don't know how y'all can swim in that freezin cold water anyway.
been there in august thought I'd have ta go to the Dr to have my balls dropped back down it was so cold !  :laugh:
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #3179 on: July 15, 2008, 09:09:25 am »
WOW!
I don't know how y'all can swim in that freezin cold water anyway.  been there in august thought I'd have ta go to the Dr to have my balls dropped back down it was so cold !  :laugh:

wuss!   :laugh: