Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9083438 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #8430 on: August 26, 2010, 06:34:38 pm »
Very Cute Chuck.  Are  you putting it on your bed side table for a trophy?

lmao!  It's cute, but not that funny!    ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8431 on: August 27, 2010, 10:20:06 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

It's Friday!   And Pay Day!

;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8432 on: August 27, 2010, 11:57:14 am »
Hey Chuck, yes it is Friday and I am happy about that. I just need to get my back recovered from that one heavy box I lifted that somehow went sideways on me. I am getting the front porch roof replaced so I had to have everything removed from the porch by Thursday. I found that out on Wednesday.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8433 on: August 29, 2010, 05:27:07 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I hope that everyone has had a great weekend!  The weather here in NJ has been hot and sticky, summer is back with a vengence!

Ugh!

Anyway, I went out yesterday and got a bunch of new clothes  for my trip to London and Rome!  ;D  I got 4 new pairs of jeans, and 6 shirts. 

Size 36 waist on the jeans, thank you!  ;D

Ok, now, have any of you gone on certian "kicks" related to food lately?  Allow me to explain:

A few months ago, someone that I go to lunch with went to the market to buy herself something to eat, and came back with a jar of Nutella.

So that started a trend where we were eating Nutella almost daily....they would buy fruit or cookies or something to spread the Nutella on.  One of my coworkers went to visit family in Spain.  Now they have a different brand of this product called NoCillo.

So she had a jar of this when she came back, and we did a 'taste test' between the two, to see which we liked better.  We decided that the Nutella was thicker and had a more pronounced hazelnut flavor, while the NoCilla was smoother and had more of a chocolate taste.

From that, we moved on to hummus.  I happened to buy a small tub of hummus, and everyone devoured it, and now we are on a hummus kick.  We've gotten crackers and other things to spread the hummus on, and currently have 4 different types of hummus in our fridge at work;  "original", "spinach & artichoke", "supremely spicy" and "greek olive".

:laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8434 on: August 29, 2010, 08:40:34 pm »
I don't think I ever posted pics of the back deck now that the screen house is done.

;D

Here is a pic of the back deck during the winter, before the screen house was done.

and here is the back deck with the screen house.

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #8435 on: August 29, 2010, 09:27:11 pm »
Looks like a very lovely, cozy respite, Chuck.  Enjoy!
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8436 on: August 30, 2010, 01:15:13 am »
Oh, I want to sit there when the leaves begin to change and it's a chilly, but sunny fall day :).
I'd have a latte macchiato and a book.
Nice place, Chuck!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8437 on: August 30, 2010, 01:59:48 am »

Oh, there must more than a hundred different brands of this product in Germany. They're called "Nuß Nougat Creme".
Every middle sized supermarked has at least 7 or 8 different ones. Nutella is just the most well-known.
Come over and have some serious testing sessions! :)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8438 on: August 30, 2010, 08:34:21 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

Here we are, back at Monday!

I'm sitting here at work, contemplating what I need to get done today.  I think it's time to actually start working!

Ugh!

This weekend is a three-day weekend!  Labor Day is Monday, and is generally seen as the end of summer.

Offline dejavu

« Reply #8439 on: August 31, 2010, 08:38:51 pm »
I posted this at my blog too, but I don't know how many people look there so I wanted to post it here too cause Chuck is really such a special person:
**************************************************************************************************************************
You are such a terrific guy Chuck!!! I know we have kidded around a bunch over the past few years, but I don't think I have ever really told you how special you are to me. Your friendship is very special. I'm not always good at telling people how much they mean to me. I truly realized that after the events of the past couple of weeks. If anything ever happened to you I would be more than devastated. You are a friend to everyone and people do realize that. There are people who I have met through here that have made an impression on me. Rich was one, Truman was one, Paul was one, Lynne was one, Wayne was one, and many others, and you.......I thought you were special from the first Hello in Colorado 2007. I have to say that in Atlanta at Wayne's house people missed you........they said so.....hey it was just not the same without you there. I even took a picture of your empty bed...I know everyone agrees that you are a very special person. I am going to post this on your blog too cause I don't really know how many people look at mine. I want everyone to know.

Thank you for being my Friend,

Jack

Jack, this is so wonderful, that you said it in words.  Chuck means so much to so many people, as you say; but then, so do a lot of you mean a lot to others.  It's just nice hearing you say it.

By the way, Jack, I've been meaning to tell you that I'm glad you took the step of going down to Rich's service and seeing the people there.  That was important, both for others and for yourself.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?