Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9044089 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #11350 on: October 26, 2012, 03:29:57 pm »
Take care Chuck!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11351 on: October 26, 2012, 06:41:28 pm »
Take care Chuck!

Long time no posting from me,but wanted to say stay safe in the storm,I've been reading all about it here.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #11352 on: October 27, 2012, 01:00:24 pm »
Appropriately, I have a ticket to "The Tempest" at the Metropolitan Opera on Wednesday!
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #11353 on: October 27, 2012, 06:16:52 pm »
Long time no posting from me,but wanted to say stay safe in the storm,I've been reading all about it here.

My thoughts too.....was reading news last night about this dam storm and the amount of area it may spread to, and immediately I thought of all my Brokie friends over there, and hope that they and their loved ones, will all be safe and away from any danger....xxx
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11354 on: October 28, 2012, 01:12:22 am »
Hey Guys I am thinking about all our Brokies and their family and friends, take care and keep safe xx

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #11355 on: October 28, 2012, 03:59:59 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

We're all prepared at the DiGuilio household for the approach of Sandy. (AKA - The Frankenstorm)  The pantry's stocked, laundry done, candles and batteries at hand, and anything in the basment that could be damaged is up high.

Take care Chuck!

Appropriately, I have a ticket to "The Tempest" at the Metropolitan Opera on Wednesday!

My thoughts too.....was reading news last night about this dam storm and the amount of area it may spread to, and immediately I thought of all my Brokie friends over there, and hope that they and their loved ones, will all be safe and away from any danger....xxx

Hey Guys I am thinking about all our Brokies and their family and friends, take care and keep safe xx

Thanks for the good wishes everyone!  It's now about 10 minutes to 4:00 on the East coast, and the wind is picking up, and the skies are very dark. 

I've spent the day at my Aunt Irene's and Uncle Ray's place.  They live in a flood zone, and they have no basement, so we went there to help them move all their good furniture from the 1st floor to the second, pack up their cabinets, and move any electrical things that we could up to the next floor.

For those who haven't followed this storm, they are calling it "Frankenstorm" because it's made up of so many differnet things.

Start with Sandy, an ordinary late summer hurricane from the tropics, moving north up the East Coast. Bring in a high pressure ridge of air centered around Greenland that blocks the hurricane's normal out-to-sea path and steers it west toward land.

Add a wintry cold front moving in from the west that helps pull Sandy inland and mix in a blast of Arctic air from the north for one big collision. Add a full moon and its usual effect, driving high tides. Factor in immense waves commonly thrashed up by a huge hurricane plus massive gale-force winds.

NJ is currently under a state of emergency.  NJ Transit public busses are stopping service by midnight tonight.  In NYC, subways are shutting down at 7, and busses at 9.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #11356 on: October 28, 2012, 04:29:35 pm »
It really sounds disastrous.  :(

Stay safe Chuck, and Chuck-family!  :-*

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11357 on: October 29, 2012, 08:18:06 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

I hope that everyone has made the necessary preparations if they are in the path of this storm.

I'm currently wondering if my bosses will face some 'trouble'......I received a text last night saying our office is closed.   We also have an 888 number to call for severe weather.  When I called that number today, they said only three offices were closed, all in Pennsylvania, so someone in my office made the executive decision that we would be closed.

No rain here yet, but the wind is picking up.  I'll report in as often as I can, to let everyone know I still have power.  LOL  If I lose power, I can post with my Blackberry.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11358 on: October 29, 2012, 12:26:21 pm »
I'll report in as often as I can, to let everyone know I still have power.  LOL  If I lose power, I can post with my Blackberry.

Yes, please do report in. Stay safe! :-*

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11359 on: October 29, 2012, 01:27:08 pm »
So far so good in my neck of the woods, currently 1:30 pm.

We're being pelted with heavy rains and gusting winds, but not the scary speeds they've been promising.  However, we're told the worst is yet to come.