Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9053245 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #11520 on: December 27, 2012, 12:09:54 pm »
Do you mean plans for New Years Eve? Or for 2013 in general? I'll probably spend a bit of the NYE online and I might go out if the weather's nice. I usually spend the evening with my Brokie friends but this year Jack and Katrina are out of town as well as Laura. I might get together with Offline Chuck and his friends, who are mostly ex-friends of EDelMar's. We can all get together and eat leftovers and exchange regifts and play with cards from the discard pile. Yippee! But seriously, I'm all for alternative NYE celebrations, like going for a hike or spending the night in a museum. Anyplace but a bar!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #11521 on: December 28, 2012, 08:45:15 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

It's Friday, and pay day!  ;D

I think I'll be going out to dinner with some friends tonight, and then on Saturday I have a birthday party to be at, it's for my uncle Ray who is turning 80.  I have to go find a funny card, and then get $81.00 in cash for the card as a gift, a dollar for each year, and one for luck.

Do you mean plans for New Years Eve? Or for 2013 in general? I'll probably spend a bit of the NYE online and I might go out if the weather's nice. I usually spend the evening with my Brokie friends but this year Jack and Katrina are out of town as well as Laura. I might get together with Offline Chuck and his friends, who are mostly ex-friends of EDelMar's. We can all get together and eat leftovers and exchange regifts and play with cards from the discard pile. Yippee! But seriously, I'm all for alternative NYE celebrations, like going for a hike or spending the night in a museum. Anyplace but a bar!

Hiya Lee, your plans sound good, if you do see OCD, please give him a hug hello for me!

I was talking specifically about New Year's Eve and not having plans.  I'm sure something will turn up.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11522 on: December 29, 2012, 01:26:45 pm »
Hello BetterMost friends!

Let's see, busy day today!   so far, breakfast, crossword, catching up here and Facebook, shave and shower, trip to the seamstress to get my new pants (5 pairs) hemmed up, then lunch, and I have a birthday party for one of my uncles tonight, it's a surpise party for his 80th.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11523 on: December 31, 2012, 08:53:40 am »
Hello BetterMost friends!

New Year's Eve and the ball is in place! 

Saturday Night's surprise birthday party for my Uncle Ray was a blast!  We were at a place called the Velvet Lounge, and we had a ton of fun.

Open bar, great food, great DJ and large dance floor!  It was great seeing the cousins again, we had a bunch of laughs and reconnected.

It looks to be a low-key New Year's Eve for me.....I think I'm going out to dinner with friends, and then ring in the New Year at home.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11524 on: December 31, 2012, 01:44:22 pm »
Happy New Year Chuck.
Nearly 7am here on New Years Day. Afraid I went to bed just after 9pm. It is 10 years since I stayed up for new year. The last time I was actually at a party was for the big one - 2000. I woke at 2am and it was raining, hope it stayed fine for the fireworks in the city centre. I prefer the mid winter festival when the fireworks are about 7pm.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11525 on: December 31, 2012, 03:24:18 pm »
Hiya Brian, good to see you here, and happy new year.

I had a text from Matthew earlier today, he had been celebrating already.  LOL

It looks to be a low-key New Year's Eve for me.....I think I'm going out to dinner with friends, and then ring in the New Year at home.

I just got a last minute invite to a small house party, so no dinner, food will be eaten there.

;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11526 on: January 01, 2013, 02:42:30 am »

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11527 on: January 02, 2013, 11:20:36 am »

Good morning Bettermost Friends!

The graphic today reflects my mood in the office, as I've spent the past three hourse "un-decorating" the place, and now it's all boring and business-like again.

Oh well!

I updated my "cover photo" on FB to a collage of Martin Luther King Jr. in honor of his birthday this month, I think I'll keep it up all January.  I'll try to change the cover photo every month for something, occasionally going back to the sexy cowboy on the hood of the truck.

Started my resolution for healthier eating for this year.  Yesterday was just a salad and cereal for dinner.  This morning was cottage cheese and some water.  Just had my mid-morning snack of dry-roasted peanuts.  Lunch will be another salad.

How is everyone today?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11528 on: January 02, 2013, 11:33:54 am »
"Meh" is exactly what I think about salad. At least as a substitute for a meal. I tend to eat a few mouthful additionally to a meal, then I just can't get more of it in. Just Meh :P
And I always think it's impossible to get that satisfying "full" feeling from salad.
Give me cooked veggies over salad anytime.

So you're a brave man, Chuck Di Guilio, you have my admiration! I wish you the best with healthier eating, may you reach whatever your goal is for this year! :-* :-* :-*

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11529 on: January 03, 2013, 09:05:49 am »

Good morning Bettermost Friends!

Actually, I shouldn't complain.  LOL  It's not a bad week, considering we had Tuesday off for a holiday and it's already Thursday.

One of my coworkers is leaving today, starting a new job.  He's currently cleaning out his cubicle, and I'm sure he'll cut out early today.  Nice guy, we'll miss him.

"Meh" is exactly what I think about salad. At least as a substitute for a meal. I tend to eat a few mouthful additionally to a meal, then I just can't get more of it in. Just Meh :P   And I always think it's impossible to get that satisfying "full" feeling from salad.   Give me cooked veggies over salad anytime.

So you're a brave man, Chuck Di Guilio, you have my admiration! I wish you the best with healthier eating, may you reach whatever your goal is for this year! :-* :-* :-*

Thanks Chrissi.  Now if I can just keep my focus ......focused!   :laugh:  I used to hate all vegetables, but now I really like salads.  In face, on New Year's Day I went out with my family and got a Buffalo Chicken salad.  Lots of Romaine lettuce, diced tomatos, mushrooms and slices of grilled chicken in buffalo wing sauce.

Very tasty.