Author Topic: ABCs at the Movies: The Doubles Round!  (Read 2594706 times)

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Wildcard "X" is Moment by Moment (1978)
« Reply #3750 on: April 30, 2008, 05:20:52 pm »
Because just the idea of John Travolta schtupping Lily Tomlin is beyond absurd; they have the exact same hairstyles, and you can't tell who is who in the sex scenes.  Apparently, they both have tried to suppress it; it's only available on TV at 3AM.

Congratulations to Gil on 1000 (Original) Cinematic Posts!

Good one!!  But you forgot to mention that John Travolta's character is called STRIP!  I saw it at the theatre when it came out so I understand why they would want to suppress it.  :laugh:

==ASIDE==

Which for some reason reminds me:  Did you hear that Vivid Video is releasing a Jimi Hendrix sex tape?  I find it highly suspect that a film of Jimi Hendrix having sex with two women, made 40 years ago, is just now surfacing.  They say that a memorabilia collector had it in his collection.  Riiiight.  (and yes, I've ordered my copy, I remember what the Plaster-Casters said about Jimi  ;D)

And thanks again for the congrats!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 09:22:47 pm by oilgun »

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
"Y" is Yellowstone Cubs (1963)
« Reply #3751 on: April 30, 2008, 08:42:50 pm »
Because the poster has mountains, a tent, and what appears to be some fishing buddies.  :)

And look who's got 1000+ posts!

Well done, Gil!!!

Offline oilgun

"Z" is Zerophilia (2005)
« Reply #3752 on: April 30, 2008, 09:00:55 pm »
Because the premise is so intriguing:

IMDB Synopsis: In this provocative teen comedy, Luke, a young man insecure about his masculinity discovers he's a Zerophiliac, with the ability to change sex at will. Join Luke as he journeys into the extraordinary world of Zerophilia where so many crazy questions arise, only one question matters: "Whom do you love?"

==ASIDE==
And look who's got 1000+ posts!

Well done, Gil!!!

Thanks Fran!  About 900 of those posts are in this thread :laugh: 

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Congratulations to Gil
« Reply #3753 on: April 30, 2008, 09:03:42 pm »
Because I'm a big fan of this minimalist director's work

==ASIDE==
OMG!  This is my 1000th post!  Thanks for pointing it out, Paul, I never would have noticed.  :-*
Does this mean I can now post in the Original 1000+ Posts Club?  I can be original. ;)

Yes, it does. And we are already posting congratulations to you over there. I'm in charge of the sekrit handshake, btw, so be prepared.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3754 on: April 30, 2008, 09:09:12 pm »
Because just the idea of John Travolta schtupping Lily Tomlin is beyond absurd; they have the exact same hairstyles, and you can't tell who is who in the sex scenes.  Apparently, they both have tried to suppress it; it's only available on TV at 3AM.

Hahahaha, he's gay, she's a lesbian. Sounds like a match made in heaven to me!

Oh right, he's not REALLY gay....LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3755 on: April 30, 2008, 09:11:32 pm »
==ASIDE==

Which for some reason reminds me:  Did you hear that Vivid Video is releasing a Jimmy Hendrix sex tape?  I find it highly suspect that a film of Jimmy Hendrix having sex with two women, made 40 years ago, is just now surfacing.  They say that a memorabilia collector had it in his collection.  Riiiight.  (and yes, I've ordered my copy, I remember what the Plaster-Casters said about Jimmy  ;D)

And thanks again for the congrats!

Here's what the New York Times has to say about the Jimi Hendrix sex tape:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/29/arts/music/29vide.html?_r=1&scp=2&sq=jimi+hendrix&st=nyt&oref=slogin

Now I don't usually scour the New York Times for salacious tidbits like this, but it popped up yesterday on my Kindle! Man, I love my Kindle!

L

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: ABCs at the Movies: I've Been Exploited!
« Reply #3756 on: April 30, 2008, 09:24:50 pm »
Okay, the Jimi Hendrix sex tape gave me the idea for this round: exploitation films! Exploitation films of all types, in all their luridness. LOL. This should be fun.

If you need a primer, Wikipedia has a nice summation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploitation_film

Post the movie and tell us what exactly is being exploited, okay? Britsploitation? WHO KNEW? LOL

Have fun. All the usual rules are in effect. One of these days I'll get to the "new" archive, but meanwhile, the old archive is up-to-date with all the rounds that have been played (except the last one).

Hee hee hee....

Leslie
GameMistress

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
"A" is Assassin of Youth (1937)
« Reply #3757 on: April 30, 2008, 09:52:38 pm »
In the genre of Reefer Madness

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
"B" is Blacula (1972)
« Reply #3758 on: April 30, 2008, 09:57:44 pm »
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline oilgun

"C" is Cannibal Holocaust (1979)
« Reply #3759 on: April 30, 2008, 10:07:49 pm »
Shock Exploitation

From xploited cinema (Excerpt): The most controversial movie ever made has finally arrived on DVD! Banned and heavily censored throughout the world, here is a film that surpasses its reputation as a shotgun blast to the senses. CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST presents the "found footage" of four documentary filmmakers who experience brutal death at the hands of a savage South American tribe of flesh-eaters. This footage is so intense, so graphic and so unflinching in its realism that the director and producer of CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST were arrested upon its original release and the film seized.

And the original soundtrack recording is available from MovieSoundtracks.com (!)

« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 11:49:15 am by oilgun »