Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3165517 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5590 on: October 15, 2006, 06:40:10 pm »
Well folks, it looks like today we hit a two week high of readership... so the question that has been plaguing my mind, whether the readers are enjoying the current story line and drama of the Red Stallion, the new characters, and most recently, the drama at Sunday dinner with Edna's cousin and Bunny Ruskin, is a resounding "yes"!

Thanks for all of your reading and feedback and comments, it is wonderful to see all of you so engaged with the story!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline synne

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5591 on: October 15, 2006, 09:47:06 pm »
Eight gripping chapters during the weekend, funny, dramatic and stressful for Ennis at the end.
 I hope those two bold old women don’t break him. Bunny is disgusting, calling him f…and then exclaimed she doesn’t want to live without him - this f….. The next she'll come up with a story about him trying to physically assault  her, exactlywhat he is dreading. I was worried Ennis was going to turn our Ellery and retrieve to hide into his shell as he had used before but he is already better then this ( Ellery is miracle worker).
Thank you Louise

And thanks for

More Hudity!

Picture this walking into the Red Stallion! Full length black leather pants...

How could be Ennis irritated about this ??? ??? ???

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #5592 on: October 15, 2006, 10:59:44 pm »
Ellery in a more sombre mood. No wonder with all the recent
goings on! When will he and Ennis remember to rewind that
camera tape?

Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5593 on: October 15, 2006, 11:35:14 pm »
Ellery in a more sombre mood. No wonder with all the recent
goings on! When will he and Ennis remember to rewind that
camera tape?

this is one of the best pictures of that beautiful man yet..  heart throp, heart throp, throp, duuhhhhhhhhhhhh.  flatlined

Beautiful mind

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #5594 on: October 16, 2006, 01:03:14 am »
                                      this is one of the best pictures of that beautiful man yet..  heart throp, heart throp, throp, duuhhhhhhhhhhhh.  flatlined

Hope that makes up for the one with Ennis in a dress!
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5595 on: October 16, 2006, 04:19:53 am »
Louise - what fine chapters. That whole dinner was a total ordeal!

I know that I epxressed some sympathy for Bunny, but in hindsight, what was I thinking!?!

I was very concerned that Ennis was going to take fright and make a run for it. I think that a few months previously he would have done. Ellery has dedicated a lot of time and love to making Ennis happier with who he is. I really hope there won't be a backlash from the Bunny situation.

We like the boys happy!

Oh - and I found my memory stick. Lots of whooping for joy  ;D

Karen

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #5596 on: October 16, 2006, 04:28:57 am »
Louise - what fine chapters. That whole dinner was a total ordeal!

I know that I epxressed some sympathy for Bunny, but in hindsight, what was I thinking!?!

I was very concerned that Ennis was going to take fright and make a run for it. I think that a few months previously he would have done. Ellery has dedicated a lot of time and love to making Ennis happier with who he is. I really hope there won't be a backlash from the Bunny situation.

We like the boys happy!

Oh - and I found my memory stick. Lots of whooping for joy  ;D

Karen

Glad you found your memory stick Kazza. :) I was a bit concerned that Ennis might make a run for it, but something else struck me. Ennis has been running scared from people like Julia for most of his adult life. He,s 42 years old now. Isnt it time he made a stand? He cant keep running away..he,ll go insane and it,s no way to live. Besides, he,s got Ellery now, and he cant run away from him. I mean who, in their right mind would want to do that? It,d be nice to have the chance just so he could catch me. ;) ;) ;) ;) As for Bunny, well she,s in the right place and she seriously needs help. I wonder if she,s done this sort of thing before? Got obsessed with someone and tried to do something silly. Whatever happens, Ellery needs to make poor Ennis see thats it,s NOT his fault.

Offline katecaton

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5597 on: October 16, 2006, 05:25:42 am »
That pic of him is from a collection thats been posted on ebay, to show the clothes that are being put up for a charity auction.  This is the link:  http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Brokeback-Mountain-Hollywoodvault1

Have a look at the pics on here, because there are a lot that have never been seen before - well, I've certainly never seen them.  They are wonderful. 

(I hope its ok to post this link, if not let me know and I'll delete it).

This was fun to look at, I hope they make lots of money for Human Rights charities. Interesting to see which items have the most bids and seem to be the most precious to fans. Wonder what NR!!! at the end of the description means?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5598 on: October 16, 2006, 05:29:43 am »
oh Jo you make me so jealous of you Aussies, having access to Hughdity that us Americans only dream about!!!

Last night I stayed up late watching the full version of the interview with Hugh with James Lipton "Inside the Actors Studio" in 2004 that covered much of his life and details of his acting methods and training.  I didn't know that he won three awards for his Broadway performance of "The Boy from Oz" - considered the "Triple Crown" of stage acting.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline katecaton

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5599 on: October 16, 2006, 05:30:07 am »
Well folks, it looks like today we hit a two week high of readership... so the question that has been plaguing my mind, whether the readers are enjoying the current story line and drama of the Red Stallion, the new characters, and most recently, the drama at Sunday dinner with Edna's cousin and Bunny Ruskin, is a resounding "yes"!

Thanks for all of your reading and feedback and comments, it is wonderful to see all of you so engaged with the story!

Louise, I am definitely enjoying this story line. It is something that has bothered Ennis for a while, "other people knowing", and I think you have dealt with this well, especially his anxiety and self hatred, which never seems to go away entirely, although he is getting better at listening to Ellery and following his more relaxed lead. That Bunny is just a nutter, and although I feel Ennis is going to react badly to what she's gone and done, she's better off with professional help. I always love your writing anyway, you can't put a foot wrong with me ;-)