Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3165399 times)

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5740 on: October 20, 2006, 04:44:07 pm »
SPOILER

Oh my word. That chapter had everything.

Some hot lovin'. Interuptions (naturally). Some comedy (I always find angry sarcastic Ellery amusing), and then angst when Dupree revealed who was on the tape.

OK - a couple of questions.

Why on earth didn't Dupree just hang on until the following day to speak to Ellery - the tape wasn't going anywhere?

And, the million dollar question - will Ellery watch the tape. I mean, he doesn't have to does he? Not for the investgation or anything.

As always, beathlessly awaiting...

Karen

Karen I second everything you said.  Great chapter, but dont understand why Dupree had to go and knock on Ellerys done when he'd been told not to.  No wonder Ellery was mad, I would have been too.  And being left handcuffed to the bed too....damn it Ennis, I wouldnt do that again if I were you!!!!!  I mean once you can forgive but twice?

And i dont get why everyone is worried about Ellery watching the tape with Beagle on it?  I mean, he's over him, isnt he? Why would seeing him with someone else send him over the edger? Or am I missing the point and/or being completely cold and heartless?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5741 on: October 20, 2006, 04:46:02 pm »
no I didn't answer the second question!  Stay tuned!  Soon you will know the answer!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5742 on: October 20, 2006, 05:01:12 pm »
no I didn't answer the second question!  Stay tuned!  Soon you will know the answer!

Tease  ;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5743 on: October 20, 2006, 05:15:42 pm »
you dont REALLY want to know what happens, do you?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5744 on: October 20, 2006, 05:35:34 pm »
Of course not. Not until it comes perfectly packaged in the next chapter.

Karen

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5745 on: October 20, 2006, 05:59:09 pm »
I can't read all the posts in here because there are spoilers and I am still not caught up yet.  :-\
I am looking forward to catching up this weekend, maybe if I feel inspired, I'll do some fanart ..

Lori - Nice new avatar!  Cute picture!

Hurray for Rupert leading the Jeeves poll!

8) M.

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5746 on: October 20, 2006, 06:05:04 pm »
maybe if I feel inspired, I'll do some fanart ..

I'd love that Milli. Looking forward to it  :)

Offline scudder

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5747 on: October 20, 2006, 06:44:56 pm »
I can't read all the posts in here because there are spoilers and I am still not caught up yet.  :-\
I am looking forward to catching up this weekend, maybe if I feel inspired, I'll do some fanart ..

Lori - Nice new avatar!  Cute picture!

Hurray for Rupert leading the Jeeves poll!

8) M.

Lucise,  Rupert played a British lord in An Ideal Husband.  He was everything Jeeves would be.  Cate Blanchett, Minnie Driver and Julianne Moore were also in it.  Keep up the great art work.  It adds greatly to the fun of the story.

Peace,  Homer

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5748 on: October 20, 2006, 06:53:52 pm »
Hey Homer!

Thanks!  :)
I loved An Ideal Husband and Rupert was great in it!  I also saw him on PBS a few months back as Sherlock Holmes .. he was damn good in that too.  He is the 'Jeeves' in my head for sure.  ;)

Offline laurel

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Heath, we'll never forget you.
« Reply #5749 on: October 20, 2006, 08:44:03 pm »
RL has been keeping me away from Bettermost lately.  *Growl*  I have just barely had time to keep up with my favorite fics.  Just wanted to check in and say "hi", and say that I am still loving Ennis and Ellery.  This videotape thing is driving me nuts!  I hope we learn more soon!  I love this thread tons, so I hate to miss any posts, but I think I am a hundred pages behind! :( I hope to be able to do some serious reading soon!
What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger.   -Annie Proulx (Icon by alighttofollow)