Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3166786 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #8770 on: January 02, 2007, 10:27:21 pm »
In Chapter 45, we get the first hint of Dupree (but not by name):

“Yeah but what else can I do?”

“You can have a man on it with ya.”

“Wes you know I can’t...”

“Jest an idea. You know I hired you in direct from the University Criminal Justice program, an they keep pressurin me ta bring some more seniors in who are takin degrees in Private Investigation, an what better type a situation than have someone nice an young an strong ... an good lookin... work on the undercover with ya? It’ll be safer than you workin it alone, they’s already licensed ta carry, an you can have em work under your license for a week two weeks or so.”

“Shit Wes I dunno.”

“You do know Ennis’d hit the roof if he found out you was tryin ta use yerself for bait for someone who just mighta killed his man.”

“He already hit the roof Wes. An he already told me he won’t have it.”

“Then you haven’t got a whole hell of a lot a choice.”

“Well I was plannin ta just lie.”

“Well no you wasn’t because I wouldn’t let ya either. Unless you got someone watchin yer back. One a those smart as hell too good for everybody A student snot nose types jes like you were fifteen years ago. Remember that Ellery?”

“You ain’t backin down from this are you?”

“No I ain’t. So reschedule yer Albuquerque thing for Tuesday or whatever an you’ll have four boys ta choose from an you can interview em first thing Monday. The three ya don’t pick will be learnin how ta do background checks and canvassin with Joe on his obscenity case. Sam Keller is gonna be mighty pleased with me after naggin me about this for the past six months.”

“Tell Sam Keller he can kiss my ass.”

“I thought he spent four years doin that already, Ellery. You have a good weekend now.”
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8771 on: January 02, 2007, 10:30:21 pm »
And again. from chapter 45...

He watched, stock still, as Ellery masturbated himself, at first slowly, languidly, until he muttered “Faster,” and he increased the pace, his hips rising and rolling as he worked himself with his hand, pale eyes fastened on Ennis’s face. Ennis was still rock hard, his cock throbbing, but he was not touching himself. He picked up the Vaseline, nodding from time to time as he watched Ellery stroking his cock, and began to dab his cock with it, stroking his cock enough to make sure it was completely lubricated, then he moved closer, then spoke once more, his cock now held firmly in his hand, yet still not stroking it nor getting close enough to penetrate. “Now make yerself come....” he said, voice soft, a rasping sound. Ellery clamped his hand harder, pumping rapidly, now knowing where he was going, and as his moan of release began to build, his first pulse of ejaculation squirting over his hand, Ennis moved, and quickly, forcing the head of his cock into his ass in one abrupt motion, making Ellery buck hard as he erupted. Ennis’s hands came down hard on the back of Ellery’s thighs and he leaned in, his thrusting hard as he sunk his cock into the spasming sphincter, gasping as he tried to gain his breath. He pulled back and shoved forward once more, feeling a splash of warmth as Ellery let go his cock, still streaming come, and bore down, all control lost once more as he reamed the tight warmth of his orgasming sphincter with his aching, needy shaft.

He lasted hardly more than a minute before exploding with a harsh cry, his hands letting go of the back of Ellery’s thighs, and pulled out, shuddering, his cock wet and still half erect.

Ellery looked up at him with a drunken smile. “Where do you get these ideas, sweetheart?”

“While I’m muckin out mares,” Ennis replied. “It gets real borin sometimes.”

“Lucky for me,” Ellery replied.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8772 on: January 03, 2007, 07:28:24 am »
Another famous exchange, this one from Chapter 43...I love it when I rediscover these gems! LOL

They ate quietly, Ennis looking unhappy at the prospect of seeing Wayne again, and before their last cup of coffee he finally said “I really think ya can talk ta Wayne without me bein there.”

“I don’t think so Ennis, now come on. You intimidate him. That’s a good thing. He is a whole lot more intimidated by you than he is by me.”

“Yeah well sometimes when I intimidate him I think he’s gettin a woody in his drawers.”

“Oh that’s what’s goin on! Well he’ll do that anyway. Wayne is queer for everybody. No offense intended but it ain’t personal. Even knowin I don’t like fem boys he tried ta get into it with me a couple years back an I had ta almost slap him before he took no for an answer.”

“He does that in front a me he won’t know what hit em.”

“You do brighten up to a nice shade a green, Ennis,” Ellery said. “If Wayne an me were on a desert island an there was nothin there but a coconut between us, I think I’d fuck the coconut before I’d fuck Wayne.”

Ennis spewed coffee down his chin. “Maybe you oughta tell em that.”

“I did. That’s why he doesn’t flirt with me no more.”

L

I love(d) this!!  ;D LOVE the Ennis/Wayne stuff! And God, I loved Ennis spanking Wayne like that! Hilarious  ;D

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8773 on: January 03, 2007, 07:32:42 am »
I'm not a diehard re-reader Leslie but I do often come in here and read your quotes  :) And I must say, you pick out the GOOD ones  :)
This is hard work, Leslie and I really admire you for doing this!  :) It's great!  :)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8774 on: January 03, 2007, 07:35:52 am »
I'm not a diehard re-reader Leslie but I do often come in here and read your quotes  :) And I must say, you pick out the GOOD ones  :)
This is hard work, Leslie and I really admire you for doing this!  :) It's great!  :)

Thank you, June! It is work, but fun. And you get to have Laramie Saga-lite!

L

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #8775 on: January 03, 2007, 09:15:27 am »
Hey, I WROTE the darn thing and *I* love reading the quotes!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8776 on: January 04, 2007, 09:29:06 am »
Good morning re-readers. The ABC people are gloating because they have passed us in views. Oh well, we'll just keep chipping away at our reading here.

Today, chapters 46 to 50.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/40190.html

Just a little reminder of how far Ennis has come along in his self-acceptance....

“You see Bill down there?” Ennis asked, curiosity getting the better of him.

“Yep. Boy is in serious trouble. An you got ta decide if yer gonna press the assault charge too.”

“Shit yeah. This is the second time he hit me.”

“You don’t feel queasy about that no more?”

“Shit Ellery, considerin everybody an their brother has heard you callin me sweetheart in public goin ta court is gonna be easy after this.”

Ellery looked a bit away. “Yeah I do keep doin that don’t I?” He responded to a raised hand at the other end of the bar and turned to give Ennis a nod. “I’ll try ta do better.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8777 on: January 04, 2007, 09:42:21 am »
In Chapter 48 we have Jeremy's job interview:

“Dupree I talked to two a the other boys but I noticed yer record is a whole lot more solid. Tell me what you want ta become a detective for.”

“There is only one answer ta that, Chief, “ he had glanced rapidly at Ellery’s title on the front of the desk only seconds earlier. “I was in military police, an we had ta do a slew a paperwork an spent about five percent a the time doin police work. I’d like ta do a little bigger percent police work.”

“How do you feel about comin with me ta Texas on an undercover assignment?”

Dupree’s smile was now an unmistakable look of reined-in enthusiasm. “I’d feel really good about gettin outta school if I got ta do that.”

“How d’you feel about homosexuals?”

“I don’t generally feel em, sir. But jokin aside, they’s entitled to the same protection as all the rest a the public an what they do ain’t illegal in this state since 1978.”

“77, Dupree.”

He blushed. “77.”

“Very good. Ya see I take a very personal interest in em. All jokin aside. An this undercover case is a PI I am doin as a favor, an you need ta get licensed under my shield as a PI in Texas for two or three weeks or so. An it might mean you prettyin up a bit so’s we can stake out a queer bar in Austin. You see any problem with that?”

“No sir,” while he wasn’t smiling anymore, Dupree’s keen blue eyes remained sharp and steady, and looking right at him. He wasn’t shy, and he wasn’t stupid.

L

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8778 on: January 04, 2007, 09:54:33 am »
From Chapter 50:

He heard more than saw Ennis slide down his denims and lean over, a big hand sliding down from his shoulder, following the narrow ribcage down, then setting a proprietary hand on his ass, rubbing slowly and lightly, playing with him. He let out a soft sigh, never letting his curious gaze wander from him. Ennis leaned down once more, half leaning over his back, hand still lightly kneading his left cheek. “Tell me, what’d they say to ya in the bar...” he said. “First man ta come up to ya?”

“Hmm....” he felt a twinge of resentment, being asked about the Lone Star bar once more, but did not know how to refuse him without breaking the mood of sultry sexual tension. “He said ‘you ain’t from around here boy, you want a beer..?’

“What’d he look like?” Ennis’s voice dropped, his words sounding like more of a whispered hush than spoken, this close to his ear.

“Ugly as sin, about six foot five, dirt under his fingernails an a big tattoo on his arm said “Harley.”

“Big biker wanted ta get you under em eh?”

Ellery shrugged. “Maybe. Didn’t give em time ta ask...”

Ennis’s other hand came up and touched his cheek, his left hand still kneading his ass cheek lightly. “I want you. Knowin there’s other men out there want you makes me crazy ya know.”

“Crazy in a good way I hope.”

“Maybe, we’ll see...”

L

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8779 on: January 04, 2007, 09:55:28 am »
And more from Chapter 50...

But this time, he drew back slowly, this time, as though studying the responses to each thrust, to the caressing stroke of his hands on his hips as he pulled him up and back to a kneeling position, pressing his shoulders down into the pillow... never enough of this, sliding in and feeling like one being, wanting one thing... another thrust up and against one another, the hard slap of flesh as Ellery’s ass pushed back to anticipate him... not so fast, not yet... It was hard to hold back, but he had to know, what is the mystery of this sensation, this pleasure that they must have in each other, reaching out for the arm which rested obediently still and pulling it down, putting his fingers on the neglected cock that throbbed untended, “pump yerself,” he ordered softly, feeling the immediate change inside him as Ellery worked himself toward orgasm, the tightening of his muscles unleashing his control at last and he seemed to sob as he felt himself unable to hold back, surging forward, riding hard now, galloping into a spasm of ecstasy as he came, feeling the delicious spasm of Ellery’s orgasm as he came moments later, falling together on the bed, sticky, sweaty, and temporarily, spent.

L