Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3166938 times)

Offline Jane

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Together forever.xx
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #2190 on: July 26, 2006, 02:18:03 am »
And another one.......
Always and forever. J&E.xx

Offline Jane

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Together forever.xx
« Reply #2191 on: July 26, 2006, 02:19:44 am »
Last one.......

Offline RonitR

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2192 on: July 26, 2006, 03:02:57 am »
1. Hi Laurel. Greetings from another newbie  :)

2. Umm, how did Sevigny know Ellery's address? :o

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2193 on: July 26, 2006, 04:18:52 am »
we don't know yet how Sevigny found him.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2194 on: July 26, 2006, 04:29:55 am »
we don't know yet how Sevigny found him.

He could've found the address following Ellery from the station. Sevigny knows how to dissappear and stalk. I'm still wondering why he showed up at Ellery's doorstep. I'm thinking...
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Jane

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Together forever.xx
« Reply #2195 on: July 26, 2006, 05:45:15 am »
He could've found the address following Ellery from the station. Sevigny knows how to dissappear and stalk. I'm still wondering why he showed up at Ellery's doorstep. I'm thinking...

Didnt he hack into the police computer? Maybe he found it that way.  Either way he does seem to have an unhealthy interest in poor Ellery.  Hope Ennis doesnt loose his temper................oops!! :o

Offline RonitR

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2196 on: July 26, 2006, 05:48:08 am »

Me too!
If it's not a public address, he should have known he was not going to be received with open arms (although getting arrested does seem kind of harsh...).
So, what was he trying to achieve? he could be snooping for information, or he could just be sweet on Ellery (and, hey, can we blame him?  ;) )

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2197 on: July 26, 2006, 06:37:32 am »

yes, indeed louise, quite mystical.  that's why I wondered what miracle it was that inspired you to bequeath Ellery with his name...

Leslie - do you think you could make a Kellery plate for me?  (or is it too many letters?   :'( )

Your wish is my command....

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2198 on: July 26, 2006, 07:06:25 am »
Me too!
If it's not a public address, he should have known he was not going to be received with open arms (although getting arrested does seem kind of harsh...).
So, what was he trying to achieve? he could be snooping for information, or he could just be sweet on Ellery (and, hey, can we blame him?  ;) )

I think Sevingny thinks he really didn't do anything wrong, because he knocks the back door. But he was trespassing, because he came in through the backyard, and that's part of the property. He should've knock the front door. Maybe Ellery just want to scare him.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2199 on: July 26, 2006, 07:16:20 am »
I think Sevingny thinks he really didn't do anything wrong, because he knocks the back door. But he was trespassing, because he came in through the backyard, and that's part of the property. He should've knock the front door. Maybe Ellery just want to scare him.

But the whole showing up at the house is very inappropriate. He doesn't know Ellery, except for their interviews regarding Wilkes death. But it sounds like Brad has been following Ellery for a few days...I am not surprised he knows where Ellery lives.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!