Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3165603 times)

Offline laurel

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Heath, we'll never forget you.
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #2430 on: July 31, 2006, 10:57:06 pm »
Poor Amos.     Caught out at Karioke night !

I almost fell on the floor when I saw this.  This is one of the funniest pictures I have ever seen!  Thank you David! :laugh:
What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger.   -Annie Proulx (Icon by alighttofollow)

Offline laurel

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2431 on: July 31, 2006, 11:06:12 pm »
Here's a nice way to start any day ...  :P  (I am a sucker for that smile ..)

I just needed another look at this picture.  You're right, that is one melt-worthy smile!  ::)
Thank you, Lucise! 
What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger.   -Annie Proulx (Icon by alighttofollow)

Offline RonitR

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2432 on: August 01, 2006, 02:47:32 am »
Does anyone feel up for making a top ten moments between E and E list?

I'll start: one of my all time faves is the 'look of lust' and ensuing interchange between Ennis and Ellery at the Rose Hotel as they look for the ring that Pete lost. 

That was just an AMAZING moment...

I don't know why, the first great moment that comes to mind, for me, is in the first book, when Ellery hurts his back falling down, Ennis has a melt-down about Jack, and Ellery asking Ennis if he really intends to go back to Riverton, because if he is "he might as well put the food down and start with the throwing - up..". Ellery's pain at that moment just broke my heart.

But I guess you meant Happy top-ten moments  ;)

There are so many, but how about when Ellery tells Ennis he thinks they are falling in love (awww... ), also, Junior catching them on the patio.

And, of course, any Ellery - on -top scene  is a top -ten moment in MY book  ;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2433 on: August 01, 2006, 03:28:09 am »
now this... is a really great idea!  Better than the Pet Names idea. That was mostly a joke poll by the way.  I cracked myself up writing it.  I tried to think ... hm, after all those shootings, police procedure, lawyers, DA's, homophobes, rifle switching and ballistics... what could possibly provide comedy relief?  And of course, the idea of a little get together on the patio and the Laurel and Simon pet name show made me howl.  Made even funnier by the fact that a great big guy with great big muscles is calling Laure "Pookie" and toasting him.  Simon isnt afraid that anyone knows he's gay - he could put any two guys through the floor!

Anyway, so much for amusing myself.

The really great idea is the "top ten moments" idea.  Because I certainly have my favorites!  For example: the reunion scene after Ennis comes back from visiting his daughter Junior in Riverton, and Ellery is waiting at the door in  his dress blacks, knowing how much Ennis likes a man in uniform, and Ennis begins to discover just how much he likes to hear his man beg:

“What a you want, boy? You want ta fuck me?” he whispered against Ennis’s mouth, his voice pitched to that low vibration where his words were more felt than heard, and made Ennis shudder with another jolt of arousal, his hips pushing into Ellery’s crotch, his cock a hard, aching lump as it rubbed against the rustling linen of the black dress uniform.

“I want ya ta beg,” he growled, nipping, his teeth snagging Ellery’s bottom lip, nipping again, his hand pushing at the back of Ellery’s head, devouring him with another hard kiss and then suddenly let him up for air, his hand falling down rapidly and kneading his ass as his other arm held him steady, still captive. “I’m gonna tease ya till ya beg.”

"Taking Chances" chapter 82.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2434 on: August 01, 2006, 03:36:23 am »
Then of course, the burned biscuits sex:

“You never like my theories, Ennis,” Ellery persisted, his voice rising. “Maybe they’re just a little too close ta the bone.”

“Shut the fuck up, just let me eat an forget it.”

“I don’t think so.” Those slate eyes were piercing him, daring him, provoking him, and he scrambled up out of his chair, white hot with anger, gripping onto sharp elbows, glaring into his face.

“I said shut up,” he growled, his breath hot on Ellery’s face, and he in turn was seized, Ellery’s long fingers digging into his upper arms, as he forced his mouth on Ennis’s, prying his lips open with his tongue, pulling him into a hot kiss that was half rage, half passion, and Ennis responded automatically, his hands letting go the elbows and crushing him into a bear hug, a surge of lust making him hard once more, fueled by a helpless anger that had no proper outlet.

He fumbled his pants open and pulled Ellery up to his feet, marching him to the sofa and pushing him down onto his knees, then tore his briefs down , already thrusting blindly with his hips, then grabbed his cock, aiming it back into him with a savage thrust, then tightening his hands over his hips and riding him savagely, not stopping until he came with a strangled groan, feeling Ellery’s body shudder with orgasm beneath him.

He pulled out, slowly, feeling guilty and ashamed of his rage, running his hands down Ellery’s ass as if to console him after a rape, then backed away a step.

“Sweetheart,” Ellery said softly, his voice pitched with the husky tone of satisfied lust.

“Whut?” he asked, his heart thudding.

“Doughboys are burnin.”

Taking Chances, Chapter 88
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline laurel

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2435 on: August 01, 2006, 05:01:35 am »
This gets my vote for one of the best Ennis and Ellery moments:

“Yep... but I got a special request for ya, sweetheart... you were so good about the lariat an all...”

“Want me ta tie ya ta the bed this time?” Ennis rasped, head falling against the back of the sofa as he felt the soft wetness of Ellery’s lips zone in on his left nipple, sucking deeply before letting go, and he looked up.

“Nope... I want ta fuck you again, Ennis. From on top. On yer knees.”

“Ohhh....” Ennis breathed, a shiver going through him at the words, on yer knees.... and his arousal became obvious moments later, Ellery’s long fingers working open the buckle on his denims and unzipping him.

“I’ll make it real good for ya, I figured I could give you a good tonguin first of all to get you loosened up, an make you come real good...” he lapped at the nipple between words, his right thumb pressing the top of his cock as it pressed against his drawers, aching to get out, "an once yer all nice an muzzy then slide in an give you a real smooth ride, whattaya say, cowboy?”

“Yeahhhh just... be careful...”

“Yer cock sure likes the idea,” Ellery murmured against his chest, scraping his teeth gently against the edge of his nipple, causing Ennis’s back to arch, and his cock to twitch hard under the rubbing thumb abrading his tip through the taut fabric.

Well, I could just quote the whole chapter, because it's all great, but I think you get the idea! ::)

A Second Chance, Chapter 4 A Special request

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2436 on: August 01, 2006, 05:10:28 am »
oh yeah, that one.

Hard to argue with the comment "Yer cock sure likes the idea."

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2437 on: August 01, 2006, 06:02:11 am »
I don't have the books in front of me and I am literally rushing out the door for mey trip, but fragments of conversation that I often flash back on:

Ellery saying, "How does a grown man have such a soft face?" when they are sitting together on his couch.

Ellery says, "I have a theory..." (I think Ennis says something in the middle) then Ellery continues, "I think we're falling in love."

There are tons more of course...

L

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline RonitR

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2438 on: August 01, 2006, 06:21:10 am »
The scene laurel quoted is a doozy.

The last time Ellery was on top, and Ennis thought he was "dominant", was HOT too.

Also, poor Edna finding the Vaseline in their bedroom had me in stitches.. :laugh:

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2439 on: August 01, 2006, 06:30:16 am »
I don't have the books in front of me and I am literally rushing out the door for mey trip, but fragments of conversation that I often flash back on:

Ellery saying, "How does a grown man have such a soft face?" when they are sitting together on his couch.

Ellery says, "I have a theory..." (I think Ennis says something in the middle) then Ellery continues, "I think we're falling in love."

There are tons more of course...

L

hurry, you fool! I thought you were already gone!