Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3131952 times)

Monica

Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #4320 on: September 22, 2006, 08:57:38 pm »
Louise, I totally agree with you.  No matter what brought Jack to Austin that fateful night, he certainly did not ask for or deserve what happened to him. 

I don't mean to re-hash past chapters, but I just wanted to share a few thoughts.  What I appreciated about the "last confession" was it brought out aspects of Jack's conflicted life which rang true with me.  Yes he was a gay man, and had some anonymous sex with men at times (as gay men sometimes will do).  And he most likely was lonely and attracted to Worrell (though I got the impression Worrell creeped him out by the time they left the bar).  But he was married and loved his wife and son, he still thought of his parents’ well being, and he also appreciated how Ennis might feel about their fidelity to each other.   

I know Ennis may never get over what happened to Jack, and the way you write about Ennis's grief also rings true with me.  It is always lurking behind the surface.  Ok, enough with this or I will start crying again!

About the picture gallery, I will definitely check it out.  I noticed and loved some of the photos I saw on this thread.  I am on my way to the gallery!

Tara

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #4321 on: September 22, 2006, 11:44:43 pm »
Hi souxi

Its always nice to say hello to another brit and Laramie Saga fan!   :)  I'm from Liverpool, where are you from?

Its actually been quite nice here the last couple of days, but its been dull today.  You never know where you are with the British weather.  ::)

Here we go - an English conversation is never complete without discussing the weather! :) :) :)
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4322 on: September 23, 2006, 02:30:13 am »
Good morning felow LS junkies. I,ts another foggy day today in the UK. Yes magicmountain, we Brits do love talking about the weather lol. Sowwwwwwy Christie, I,ll try and remember the health warnings lol. That chapter, as I said on LJ, brought me out in goosebumps Louise. Very well done. Poor Ennis. :'( :'( I hope worrell burns in hell too.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4323 on: September 23, 2006, 03:43:59 am »
Oh Christie your a scouser then. I,m a southener I,m afraid lol..east anglia. I,m about 2 hours from the Norfolk coast. Where I bet it,s really really foggy, specially out over the north sea. So Louise, we need plenty of hip thrusts to warm us up this weekend please. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4324 on: September 23, 2006, 04:23:02 am »
No, no, no, not silly at all. That's never silly Karen. I've been crying and I feel terribly sad. Those last lines just really got to me  :(  :'(

Likewise June, it,s certainly not silly atall. So will Ennis go back to Brokeback Mountain one last time to tell Jack that worrell is dead and he can rest in peace now? Then maybe he can at last get on with his life with Ellery. I wonder if Ennis will ever be able to stop blaming himself over Jacks death? I do hope so., he deserves to be happy..he,s been through so much emotionally, they both have. :( :(

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4325 on: September 23, 2006, 04:24:59 am »
Oh Christie your a scouser then. I,m a southener I,m afraid lol..east anglia. I,m about 2 hours from the Norfolk coast. Where I bet it,s really really foggy, specially out over the north sea. So Louise, we need plenty of hip thrusts to warm us up this weekend please. ;) ;) ;) ;)
;D  ;D  ;D

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4326 on: September 23, 2006, 04:28:25 am »
Good morning June. Nice to see you up and about. All set for more hip thrusts then?  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4327 on: September 23, 2006, 04:41:46 am »
Likewise June, it,s certainly not silly atall. So will Ennis go back to Brokeback Mountain one last time to tell Jack that worrell is dead and he can rest in peace now? Then maybe he can at last get on with his life with Ellery. I wonder if Ennis will ever be able to stop blaming himself over Jacks death? I do hope so., he deserves to be happy..he,s been through so much emotionally, they both have. :( :(
I have a feeling that deep down a part of Ennis will keep blaming himself, torturing himself with 'what if's' but I hope that with time and with Ellery's help and love this will be something he'll be able to live with or hopefully get past.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4328 on: September 23, 2006, 04:48:58 am »
Good morning June. Nice to see you up and about. All set for more hip thrusts then?  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D
Good morning to you too Souxi. I feel really lazy for getting up so late this morning  ::)  ;D Are you an early riser?
Oh yeah, I'm all set! But I have a feeling there will be more sadness waiting for us, what with that sick fuck Worrell dying  :(  :( And I'll be out for most of the afternoon and evening so I won't get to read till much later  :( :(

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4329 on: September 23, 2006, 04:55:54 am »
Good morning to you too Souxi. I feel really lazy for getting up so late this morning  ::)  ;D Are you an early riser?
Oh yeah, I'm all set! But I have a feeling there will be more sadness waiting for us, what with that sick fuck Worrell dying  :(  :( And I'll be out for most of the afternoon and evening so I won't get to read till much later  :( :(

Yup I sure am. I,m always up by 6.30 at least, even in winter..I cant lay around in bed, I have updates to check lol. Yes sadly I fear you are right, re the sadness with worrell. I wonder if Ennis will go and see Jacks mum at lightining flat now?Your going out? but but but,that means real life is getting in the way of the important things, like hip thrusts!!  :o :o Good grief June I hope you feel better soon lol. Real life cant be good for you ya know lol. ;) ;) Have a good day. :) :)