Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3165527 times)

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #4850 on: October 02, 2006, 08:25:13 pm »
  My two bits here too, is that I am firmly 'positioned' here for exploring the spiritual themes, to use that term. 

When I saw in the bookends of the novel that Jack was present in dreams the book ended in hope rather than despair... and then the Laramie Saga [terrible story that it is! - big grin] began with Ennis moving into life again...  I don't think that I could think very well outside of this context.  -smile

Sounds cool TH!
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #4851 on: October 02, 2006, 11:06:00 pm »
Wow!  I've had a busy couple of days.  The beautiful wrap-up of Book 5, combined with the fact that Bettermost was down Sunday A.M., inspired me to work on my own writing all day.  I usually only manage 3-4,000 words a month, but I did send a segment off to my Beta reader, so I'm feeling productive for a change.
 :)
Then, I gleefully found the first 4 chapters of The Red Stallion.  Yippee!   ;D
What an awesome read!

Hugs,
NavyVet
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4852 on: October 03, 2006, 12:30:39 am »
Token:  Spoilers ...

Ellery initially thought of getting Ennis a belt buckle with turquoise stones ..Something like ..

or like ..

Simon commented that he didn't think Ennis would ever wear anything like that ..  And he certainly wouldn't wear anything gold like..

So Ellery opted for something more subdued and less flashy, with a Mother of Pearl .. like ..

Let's see what Simon comes up with ...  ;)

yb

« Reply #4853 on: October 03, 2006, 12:58:27 am »
I actually like the gold one the best, this design is not flashy at all and the color tone just fits Ennis (I'm thinking about Ennis of the movie).

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4854 on: October 03, 2006, 03:28:02 am »
I like the bottom one the best too  :) Lovely and simple. I can only imagine how sexy Ennis will look *sigh* *swoons*

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4855 on: October 03, 2006, 04:18:51 am »
I like the bottom one the best too  :) Lovely and simple. I can only imagine how sexy Ennis will look *sigh* *swoons*

Morning peeps. Mornin June. ;) Sorry but I like the gold one best. However, I also found these: What do you think?

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4856 on: October 03, 2006, 04:24:53 am »
I found some more for you.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4857 on: October 03, 2006, 04:26:31 am »
And a few more:

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #4858 on: October 03, 2006, 04:31:41 am »
I found some more for you.

Morning everyone.  Boy Souxi you have been busy!  I really like the horse one, cos of Ennis' love for horses.

I dont really like the gold ones, though. 

I want to know what Ellery is going to have inscribed on it?  What do you all think?

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #4859 on: October 03, 2006, 04:36:39 am »
casting is up to you guys.  And the Brits know their own actors better so my feeling is we better leave this up to the European contingent.

Well, for what its worth, I think Rupert Everett is the right "type" of Englishman, but he's too young to play Jeeves, isnt he?  He's got that glint in his eye though that I think Jeeves has - you know, like he's hiding something?  I wonder if he's confided in Dupree?  They seem to be awful cosy dont they?

Anyway back to Jeeves......the men I thought about were Hugh Laurie, Alan Rickman or Ralph Fiennes.  All very attractive, all very English.

What do you think?