Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3131884 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #4920 on: October 03, 2006, 04:30:43 pm »
                    how do i do that

My message was to SOUXI about her account on BETTERMOST.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline katecaton

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #4921 on: October 03, 2006, 04:59:38 pm »
Louise, just wanted to jump on and say how much I'm loving the newest book in the saga. Jeeves seems like a great character, I can't wait to see what you do with him! :)
Just a quick question. I am still  catching up on the early books and would love to know at what point does Ennis and Ellery's relationship become deeper and more of a love relationship? I have read ( several times) how they meet and their first "intimate" encounter, but would love to read the bits where they declared their love for the first time and haven't found it yet?  ???
BTW  my Ellery is in a new BBC drama starting on Saturday. It's a dramatisation of Robin Hood, and he's playing Guy of Gisbourne. It's been much hyped over here, and he's looking even more like I imagine Ellery, long locks and smouldering grey eyes! :P

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4922 on: October 03, 2006, 05:05:43 pm »
SPOILER

I'm a little curious about the latest chapter. Ellery seems overly interested about Dupree and who he may or may not be getting it on with. He generally deflects gossip and comments about his own personal life (and we all know how tight lipped Ennis is on the subject).

Sooo... why is Ellery asking all and sundry about Dupree's private business?  ???

I do like the chapters set in the bar - we need Ellery back in his blue boots, charming the punters, especially with Ennis watching!  ;D

Sorry to hear about the probs with your server Louise. Hope it's not spoiled your evening.

Karen

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4923 on: October 03, 2006, 05:11:15 pm »
BTW  my Ellery is in a new BBC drama starting on Saturday. It's a dramatisation of Robin Hood, and he's playing Guy of Gisbourne. It's been much hyped over here, and he's looking even more like I imagine Ellery, long locks and smouldering grey eyes! :P
Ooooh - is 'your' Ellery Hugh Jackman?? Because if he is, I'll be glued to the tv f'sure!!  ;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4924 on: October 03, 2006, 05:12:49 pm »
Louise, just wanted to jump on and say how much I'm loving the newest book in the saga. Jeeves seems like a great character, I can't wait to see what you do with him! :)
Just a quick question. I am still  catching up on the early books and would love to know at what point does Ennis and Ellery's relationship become deeper and more of a love relationship? I have read ( several times) how they meet and their first "intimate" encounter, but would love to read the bits where they declared their love for the first time and haven't found it yet?  ???

oooh!  are there any publicity photos on the web about this BBC thing?  This I must see?

As far as your question goes: there is a moment where Ellery mentions to Ennis that he has a theory that Ennis might not like, and a couple of times Ennis gives himself a stare-down in the mirror in the bathroom, questioning what is happening to him with Ellery, and these I believe are the beginnings of their realization of being in love.  And Ellery seems far more aware than Ennis, at first, that it is happening.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4925 on: October 03, 2006, 05:14:40 pm »
SPOILER

I'm a little curious about the latest chapter. Ellery seems overly interested about Dupree and who he may or may not be getting it on with. He generally deflects gossip and comments about his own personal life (and we all know how tight lipped Ennis is on the subject).

Sooo... why is Ellery asking all and sundry about Dupree's private business?  ???

Karen

ahhh, very good question.  Because right now - Ellery can't figure out what the heck Dupree is up to, or why he is letting people believe he is accepting advances from Jeeves!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4926 on: October 03, 2006, 05:15:43 pm »
SPOILER

I do like the chapters set in the bar - we need Ellery back in his blue boots, charming the punters, especially with Ennis watching!  ;D

Sorry to hear about the probs with your server Louise. Hope it's not spoiled your evening.

Karen
I've really been wondering about this too....can't stop thinking about it!  ???  :-\

Heeee! Oh, I looove that too! Loved how worried Ennis was about Ellery wearing his earring too!  ;D

These chapters at the Red Stallion are just so damn entertaining, Louise!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4927 on: October 03, 2006, 05:17:23 pm »
ahhh, very good question.  Because right now - Ellery can't figure out what the heck Dupree is up to, or why he is letting people believe he is accepting advances from Jeeves!
But why would he care so much?? That's what I'm trying to figure out!

Offline katecaton

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #4928 on: October 03, 2006, 05:19:57 pm »
Thanks Louise, can you tell me which book it's in?
I'm afraid it's not Hugh Jackman, and yes there are loads of pics on the bbc website. He's called Richard Armitage.

Here he is as Monet.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4929 on: October 03, 2006, 05:26:33 pm »
Kate:

The first mention of Ellery's theory is in "Taking Chances"

Chapter 74:  Already Missing You

Ennis gives himself a talking to in the mirror in:

Chapter 75:   Home to Roost