Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3131903 times)

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5220 on: October 09, 2006, 04:06:58 pm »
SPOILER

So, Clyde likes cowboys eh?

Ha ha ha ha....

Is a certain cowboy we all know and love working tonight?  ;D

Karen

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #5221 on: October 09, 2006, 04:09:22 pm »
I saw "A Knight's Tale "on Sat pm and there are some very yummy Heath bits. Right at the end a very close close-up :-* :-* :-*
Of course he was a lot younger then, didn't have that lovely Ennis roughness. :P

I watched AKT on Saturday pm too Kate!  I liked it for what it was - a silly medieval romp.  I'm not a fan of Heath with long hair but he did look very handsome in this, especially when he was dancing, which is my favourite part of the film.  That boy can dance.  :)

Sorry o/t.   To get back on topic, I cant wait to see what Ennis has got Ellery.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5222 on: October 09, 2006, 04:32:38 pm »
I happened to catch your comment on today's chapter, Christie, and I just wanted to mention that I have no plan for either Ennis or Ellery to wander.  Some people have speculated that Ellery is interested in Dupree... but being confused and overly-curious isn't the same as sexual interest.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5223 on: October 09, 2006, 04:34:50 pm »
I happened to catch your comment on today's chapter, Christie, and I just wanted to mention that I have no plan for either Ennis or Ellery to wander.  Some people have speculated that Ellery is interested in Dupree... but being confused and overly-curious isn't the same as sexual interest.
Phew Louise. I really wouldn't have liked that  :)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5224 on: October 09, 2006, 04:35:17 pm »
That boy can dance.  :)

He can kiss, too. Well, duh, we all know that but I finally saw 10 Things I Hate About You. That had some good Heath kisses, I have to say. He doesn't kiss like a high schooler, though, he kisses like he knows what he is doing.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5225 on: October 09, 2006, 04:52:17 pm »
I love Heath's hands .....

Reminds me of his hands on Jack's face ......

Sorry for being OT

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5226 on: October 09, 2006, 05:12:17 pm »
No one needs to worry about there being "competition" for the boys.  That isnt what this story is about.  Wayne can look and slaver all he likes, but I didn't write 800,000 words so far just for the growing intimacy between Ennis and Ellery to get sidelined by some hunk in the Red Stallion, or even five or ten of them!  Sexual tension, interest, and talk are all part of what happens in a social environment.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline katecaton

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5227 on: October 09, 2006, 05:23:13 pm »
He can kiss, too. Well, duh, we all know that but I finally saw 10 Things I Hate About You. That had some good Heath kisses, I have to say. He doesn't kiss like a high schooler, though, he kisses like he knows what he is doing.

Leslie

Apologies for being OT but he SO knows how to kiss. Which makes his tentative little kiss with Jack in the tent so clever. :-*

Offline synne

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5228 on: October 09, 2006, 05:25:47 pm »

Spoiler
I just red 5-6 latest chapters( after got back Int. connection and Thanksgiving weekend is over),
well I’m confused about Dupree as well as Ellery, probably because I don’t know puzzle out Jeeves and thus can’t understand what kind of relationship should be possible between him  and Dupree. Humbly, I think Ellery is the most curious about this.
From Jeeves’s relentless observing a bar and slightly disapproving attitude toward the Ellery’s way RS is running he could be simply doing some business research and soon became Ellery’s competitor with another more “easy manners” bar.
Or maybe I’m just crazy suspicious.

Offline synne

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5229 on: October 09, 2006, 05:40:41 pm »

David Strathairn

my add to Jeeves gallery, maybe he'll fit