Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3165677 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5340 on: October 11, 2006, 06:06:58 pm »
Hey, I'm a live and let live sorta gal, if Lance wants to get his jollies, fair play to him.  ;)   I was just thinking of the reaction if either Ennis or Ellery caught him.

Looking forward to seeing what the real story is with Jeeves.

Thanks for all the Chapters today Louise.

Karen
He'd be out on his ass in a flash if that had happened, Karen! I wonder if Francie will be able to keep her mouth shut??

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5341 on: October 11, 2006, 06:58:04 pm »
Well out on his ass will be the least of his problems if Ennis and/or Ellery EVER find out about Francine and that apt today!
Ennis will most likely be on trial for pounding both of them to dust---do you really think his rage would EVER cool--Lance is slut---IF it ever came up--Dupree would have to speak up and say he had been warned twice, and almost let go,  now he is totally disreguarding Ellery's rules, just cause he thinks no one will ever catch him, NOW he has exposed Ennis' youngest Daughter to an education she is a long way from ready for---
Sergio and Lance will both be lucky if they live through the beating they would get from Ennis, and shot by Ellery---RAGE---OMG---just thinking of the red on Ennis face---it wouldn't blushing---it would be blood in his eyes--and all over his hands.

Lance may be cute, but he is brainless twit, without the sense of roadkill---which is exactly how I picture him if Francine opens her mouth to anyone.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 07:02:51 pm by ranchgal »

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5342 on: October 11, 2006, 07:01:08 pm »
Well out on his ass will be the least of his problems if Ennis and/or Ellery EVER find out about Francine and that apt today!
Ennis will most likely be on trial for pounding both of them to dust---do you really think his rage would EVER cool--Lance is slut---IF it ever came up--Dupree would have to speak up and say he had been warned twice, now he is totally disreguarding Ellery's rules, just cause he thinks no one will ever catch him, NOW he has exposed Ennis' youngest Daughter to an education she is a long way from ready for---
Sergio and Lance will both be lucky if they live through the beating they would get from Ennis, and shot by Ellery---RAGE---OMG---just thinking of the red on Ennis face---it wouldn't blushing---it would be blood in his eyes--and all over his hands.

My God, you're scaring me.  ;)

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #5343 on: October 11, 2006, 07:03:54 pm »
I'm having a memory loss moment again.  Could someone either tell me or direct me to the chapter that contained Lance's back story?
I can't seem to recall any history/particulars about this character.  *smacks self in head*

Thanx!
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5344 on: October 11, 2006, 07:10:01 pm »
I don't recall his having any real history---Ellery needed someone to hoist kegs, and he applied for the job, Ellery was going to do  a background check, nothing reported--Lance got the job on the condition he obey the rules.
He never asked about using the apt at the time. So I don't think there is much on him, except a cute picture in the gallery and somewhere here on the thread. Could be wrong though, my memory isn't what I wish it was! LOL

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5345 on: October 11, 2006, 07:13:27 pm »
Ennis will most likely be on trial for pounding both of them to dust---do you really think his rage would EVER cool--Lance is slut---

Lance may be cute, but he is brainless twit, without the sense of roadkill---which is exactly how I picture him if Francine opens her mouth to anyone.

Whoa! .. lol .. As Sergio might say:

"Cálmate, RanchGal ..cálmate!"  ;D

Speaking of Sergio ..

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5346 on: October 11, 2006, 07:25:40 pm »
And another thing:

Rupert E. is currently leading the poll for "The Mysterious Jeeves"!  :D

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5347 on: October 11, 2006, 07:30:28 pm »
I don't recall his having any real history---Ellery needed someone to hoist kegs, and he applied for the job, Ellery was going to do  a background check, nothing reported--Lance got the job on the condition he obey the rules.
He never asked about using the apt at the time. So I don't think there is much on him, except a cute picture in the gallery and somewhere here on the thread. Could be wrong though, my memory isn't what I wish it was! LOL

Actually, Lance was recommended by Simon and I recall Ellery did do a full background check on him. It is on book 4: A Shelter from the Storm. But obviously full background checks do not give out information about one's libido, so there's no way Ellery could tell Lance was going to be working his way to become Wayne's replacement.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 07:37:35 pm by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5348 on: October 11, 2006, 07:33:10 pm »
Thanks, see I knew I would miss it, but I also did know that there was wasn't anything earth shattering about the application process. LOL

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5349 on: October 11, 2006, 07:35:41 pm »
"Cálmate, RanchGal ..cálmate!"  ;D

[/quote]

LOL :laugh: :laugh: Last time I heard that I was walking the streets of Seville, and sticking  a poster in the face of a guy trying to more or less accost me on the street!  :laugh: :laugh:  Thanks for the memory!!
Guess I haven't mellowed too much in my old age yet. :laugh: :laugh: ;D ;)