Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3167468 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5420 on: October 13, 2006, 03:50:30 am »
Well, it seems that Bettermost is having some fall changes (new color scheme and other plans in the works) and Louise has been infected by the redecorating bug...The Pillsbury Doughboy has grown up and turned into Hugh Jackman! LOL

L

Heh heh.

I'm loving your new avatar Louise. Shame you can't use that other one!!   ;)  :laugh:

:-*

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5421 on: October 13, 2006, 04:13:53 am »
I have concluded that "that other one" is a fake photo, June.  You naughty girl you!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5422 on: October 13, 2006, 04:24:07 am »
Well guys... I came into work this morning, and the employees' offices are locked, and the only people here are the freelancers.  The employees are having a one-day strike and won't be in today.

So... I got nothin ta do....might as well write a poker game.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5423 on: October 13, 2006, 04:32:12 am »
I have concluded that "that other one" is a fake photo, June.  You naughty girl you!

Really?? What a pity!  ;D

And moi naughty?! Hell! YOU found it!  :P  ;D  ;D 

8)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5424 on: October 13, 2006, 04:33:57 am »
Well guys... I came into work this morning, and the employees' offices are locked, and the only people here are the freelancers.  The employees are having a one-day strike and won't be in today.

Yeee-haaaaw!!!

;D

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #5425 on: October 13, 2006, 05:12:15 am »

Oh goody for us!

That poker game is going to be one interesting experience!   Might need to change it to Mind Game!  ;D 

Offline christie wood

« Reply #5426 on: October 13, 2006, 05:13:43 am »
I type 160 words a minute.  I write a little less quickly.

And I thought I typed fast!!!!!!  My job is to typity type all day long (well, when I'm not reading slash) - if I typed that fast, the keyboard would probably explode!   :laugh:

Still, it does explain how Louise is able to give us so many wonderful chapters all the time.   :)

Offline christie wood

« Reply #5427 on: October 13, 2006, 05:14:38 am »

Oh now you've got me intrigued.  What other one.  Was it naughty? 

I like this one though Louise.  Its lurrverly..... :)

Offline christie wood

« Reply #5428 on: October 13, 2006, 05:24:50 am »
Morning everyone. I don't know if anyone watches Grey's Anatomy, but I watched it last night and I'm new to the programme so don't know who anyone is, but this guy was in it and I thought of Dupree straight away.  I know we already have a Dupree, so I hope you dont mind that I've posted this pic here - I'd be interested if anyone else thinks the same.  He's also got something going on with his sexuality, but I have no idea what.

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5429 on: October 13, 2006, 05:55:21 am »

You'll still get paid won't you Louise?

As to this poker game. Maybe there could be two. Ellery can take on Jeeves (and anyone else who cares to join in) down at the Red Stallion, and they can forfeit all their cash to him. Then he can take Ennis home and have another game - with forfeits of a different kind  ;)

On a more serious note I think that this game will be very interesting. A real battle of wills. Chas knows that he is not going to be able to charm Ellery, and Ellery being the student of human nature that he is will be able to sus Chas out.

Oh, and I hope that you all have a Friday 13th free of mishap.

Karen