Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3131707 times)

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5480 on: October 13, 2006, 11:34:03 am »
Update to "The Red Stallion"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/133445.html  "Chapter 31:  Fastidious"

kudos to Leslie for calling this one!

**SPOILERS**

Oh wonderful chapter and well done to Leslie for being the voice of reason.  It seems obvious now, but it wasnt to me at the time - all I was thinking about was Ennis and Ellery being exposed and I didnt like that at all.  It made me feel funny inside.  I should never have doubted you though Louise - not that I did!

I love that dirty, lusty talk between Ennis and Ellery, it really gets me going - Ellery isnt fussy where Ennis is concerned, cos he loves the bones of that man. 

Christie is a happy girl once again.   :)

Offline christie wood

« Reply #5481 on: October 13, 2006, 11:34:49 am »
For you Brits...do you have a grocery store that sells food items for homesick ex-pat Americans? You might find them there. LOL

L

Thats a great idea Lesley, I will do a bit of searching see what I come up with. Thanks!

Offline christie wood

« Reply #5482 on: October 13, 2006, 11:38:06 am »
Yes I knew you call biscuits cookies lol. As for those Oreos? We,d call them custard creams. Thats because you can get ones with yellow cream in and bourbons that have chocolate cream in them. Custard creams are GROSS. eeww. And yes I also know the difference between biscuits and bread lol it,s just that we all have different names for different things, or sometimes a different name for the same thing, thats why I get confused. It happens a lot lol. I,ve often meant to ask about Ennis and Ellery eating so many biscuits with everything. I learn something new every day. And I tell ya something else too, thanks to Louise, over the past 3 or 4 months, I,ve learnt an awful lot about gay sex lol. ;) Mind you, I think we all have due to Louise,s HOT writing. :o :o :o

Its easy to get confused with all these different names for the same thing - and I'm glad you cleared the biscuit thing up because it wsa something I kept meaning to ask Louise about too.  The thought of eating a biscuit with your tea!  Anyway, just to say Souxi, i LOVE custard creams! lol 

There's another fic I'm reading that had a twinkie as an, ahem, important part of a storyline - had never heard of a twinkie before reading that fic, and then someone posted a pic and it looks abit like a swiss roll.  Once I saw the pic I could just imagine that being used in the way it was in this fic.

sorry, very o/t.  Bad Christie.   :-X

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #5483 on: October 13, 2006, 12:30:17 pm »
Would Ennis relate Francine's strange behaviour to the bedroom scene some time later when he is sober?

Good point there yb. Christ when Ennis realises why Francine was acting so flustered he,ll have a fit. Serves Wayne right if he does hit him.

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5484 on: October 13, 2006, 12:35:23 pm »
Would Ennis relate Francine's strange behaviour to the bedroom scene some time later when he is sober?

Somehow I doubt it---he was already in the bar and never knew she went up the stairway instead of following him, and he never realized she ever was up there.   And she ran in and got behind Jr at the jukebox before he even knew she wasn't right behind them.

I am thinking it won't even be thought about again--he may well think she is in a funny mood, but I don't see him going much farther than that--unless she or Jr, says something to make him aware.

Wayne has always sort of bugged me, doesn't surprise me a bit he would following Gene's lead-who is even worse than Wayne.

NAVYVET--check you pm--about MB spoiler.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 12:37:46 pm by ranchgal »

Offline katecaton

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5485 on: October 13, 2006, 01:17:50 pm »

http://louisev.livejournal.com/133445.html  "Chapter 31:  Fastidious"

kudos to Leslie for calling this one!
Phew, thank you Louise, I didn't want them to get on candid camera, and they still got some time together. :-*

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5486 on: October 13, 2006, 01:32:42 pm »
I don't usually speculate on the board, but this one to me was as obvious as a pig in mud. I couldn't resist. LOL.

L

Wonderful Leslie! Well, it wasn't obvious to me, lol  ::)  ;D

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5487 on: October 13, 2006, 01:41:05 pm »

There's another fic I'm reading that had a twinkie as an, ahem, important part of a storyline - had never heard of a twinkie before reading that fic, and then someone posted a pic and it looks abit like a swiss roll.  Once I saw the pic I could just imagine that being used in the way it was in this fic.

sorry, very o/t.  Bad Christie.   :-X

Heeeee! Yep, know what fic you mean and saw the pic too! Love that fic!

And sorry dear Louise, June's being a naughty girl now too. Totally OT  ;)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5488 on: October 13, 2006, 01:44:56 pm »

Somehow I doubt it---he was already in the bar and never knew she went up the stairway instead of following him, and he never realized she ever was up there.   And she ran in and got behind Jr at the jukebox before he even knew she wasn't right behind them.

Didn't the girls act all funny and suspicious about it in the restaurant?? Or is my mind playing tricks on me??  ???

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5489 on: October 13, 2006, 02:55:19 pm »

http://louisev.livejournal.com/133682.html  "Chapter 32: A Weary Morning"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”