Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 541544 times)

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
"Q" is quarters
« Reply #2400 on: November 18, 2007, 12:47:48 pm »
(I couldn't get my new version to open on my home computer - sorry this is from the older version)

He drove into Signal and stopped at a phone booth there, putting in three quarters, and dialing the home number.  There was no answer. He tried the second number and got a voice that sounded like it might have been Carol at the sheriff's office. "I'm looking for Deputy Sheriff Cantrell.  Is he there?"

later on in the conversation:

"Would you tell Ellery I'm headin back and maybe get in tonight?"

:)
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #2401 on: November 18, 2007, 02:22:54 pm »
it's donnnnnnnne...

I just sent Leslie the new more slender 100,000 word version of 'Taking Chances' which hopefully still contains all of the classic lines quoted in our ABC's game, at least for the most part!  Hopefully we will be able to attract an agent with this new 'slimmer' version and see the thing in print!

Let me add my congratulations, Louise!  I'm sure the "slimmer"version is great!  Good luck!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
"R" is Research
« Reply #2402 on: November 18, 2007, 02:27:18 pm »
The reason Colson came to Tourmaline.

Ellery shook his head once. "So what the hell you doin here then, sittin down in Bill's bar watchin em dance an all that? Research?"

"I wasn't watchin em dance."

"Is that so?" He could tell the deputy did not believe him.

"No. Drinkin, that's all. Talkin ta Bill, and then Pete come in. An yes if you want to know the plain truth. Research."
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline BelAir

"S" is Sad Sack
« Reply #2403 on: November 18, 2007, 03:19:25 pm »
"June 20th: Finally got Sad Sack to laugh.  Had to bust my ass fallin over the gear to do it, but he got a sweet smile to go with them eyes.  Gonna go to hell but one of these days."

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
'T' is Tank top
« Reply #2404 on: November 18, 2007, 04:14:20 pm »
The first thing Colson noticed about Wayne.

"Whiskey," he croaked, his throat sandpaper-dry, and the young—way too young—tender, dressed in a too-brief tank top that showed much too much of his defined pecs and the shadowy rise of his nipples, sparkled at him, "Sure enough," and poured him a Jack Daniels, giving him a brief but appraising glance.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline BelAir

"U" is underwear
« Reply #2405 on: November 18, 2007, 04:48:23 pm »
as in the underwear Gene was wearing while making breakfast... somewhat disturbing to Colson...

Maybe he could get past this underwear and apron thing and move on.  Or maybe dealing with all these queers is gonna kill me before Sunday closing time, he thought pessimistically.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
"V" is Vest
« Reply #2406 on: November 18, 2007, 08:32:00 pm »
What Ellery is wearing when he first meets Colson:

.....And lean, wiry as Colson himself, his figure made sharper by the trim black shirt, jet black leather vest and coal-black denims. When he spoke his voice was as deep as Colson's own.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
'W' is Whiskey
« Reply #2407 on: November 19, 2007, 02:38:08 am »
The first word Colson managed to mutter as he entered The Red Stallion.

So this is where the queers go, the thought dropping through his thoughts like an anvil into the bottom of his stomach. He saw one thing: the bar, and headed for it, not daring to look left or right, and slid onto an empty stool that looked isolated enough from the nearest denizen, a shadow in black leather, fortunately turned away from him, the man deep in conversation with someone out of range of his peripheral vision.

"Whiskey," he croaked, his throat sandpaper-dry,

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
"X" is New MeXico
« Reply #2408 on: November 19, 2007, 02:13:05 pm »
where Ellery goes to investigate Adam's death:

“Got a report from New Mexico, I’m gonna fly down an dig into it tomorrow, try ta be home tomorrow night Sunday.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
'Y' is Youth
« Reply #2409 on: November 25, 2007, 02:55:03 pm »
Using a firm grip, Colson maneuvered Pete up out of his stool, now showing little resistance, and handed him the remainder of his shot of whiskey. "Here, drink this, then let's wash you up, all right?"

The dark-eyed youth peered at Colson, taking the shot from his hand and downing it in a practiced gulp, making Colson look a bit more closely. Too young to be taking his whiskey that quick, he thought.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 03:01:48 am by belbbmfan »