Author Topic: Heath Grabs Weenies (pictures!)  (Read 5795 times)

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
Heath Grabs Weenies (pictures!)
« on: April 26, 2006, 10:27:01 pm »
Just joking about the pictures.
Here's a story I just read:

LEDGER SHOCKS TV HOST WITH TALK OF GRABBING 'WEENIES'

HEATH LEDGER shocked American audiences by talking about grabbing "weenies" with his male buddies whilst wearing "thongs".

The Australian actor, 25, stunned host REGIS PHILBIN with his Antipodean colloquialisms for having a hot dog while sporting flip-flops as he detailed the way he bonds with his male pals over Christmas.

Ledger says, "I was promoting my film on the REGIS AND KATHIE LEE SHOW. Regis asked me what I did Down Under for Christmas fun, so I told him that me and my mates liked to put on our thongs and grab weenies and look at the world go by, and that was our perfect way to male-bond. The whole audience just went silent, and Regis was all frantic gesturing for a commercial break. At the break, I explained that in Australia, Christmas is our summer and thongs are flip-flops, not G-strings, and I meant putting hot dogs (weenies) on the barbie (barbeque)."

...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Grabs Weenies (pictures!)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 11:31:16 pm »
OMG!   that is too funny!    I can just imagine the look on Regis's face!! 

And of course,  Heath being as self conscious and nervous as he is, was probably horrified later that it was taken wrong!   

vkm91941

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 11:32:50 pm »
I love Heath!  That story is priceless   :D

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 11:38:14 pm »
OMG ROFL!! That is classic!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 12:32:44 am »
 :D :laugh: :D :laugh:

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 12:41:02 am »
Poor Heath! Can't you just feel the trauma?!

O0

Heathen

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 12:43:40 am »
LOL! Thanks Sparkle, that's great! (Mean to tease us with promises of pictures though!  :P)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 03:43:34 am »
On the Conan show, the one where he played the didgeridoo, he said something I just love for its Aussieness, and replay in my mind (and on my TiVo).  Conan was asking about Christmas being celebrated in Australia in the summer, and Heath said something about, "Yeah, there we are sweating in 40 degree heat in our flip flops and singlets, flipping steaks on the barbeque."  (I think a singlet is a tank undershirt.)  Having travelled in Europe, I know that 40 Celsius is really hot, but as an American who thinks in Fahrenheit, that is such a funny mix of a sentence for me.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 04:32:32 am by Ellemeno »

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 03:53:08 am »
Just joking about the pictures.
Here's a story I just read:

LEDGER SHOCKS TV HOST WITH TALK OF GRABBING 'WEENIES'

HEATH LEDGER shocked American audiences by talking about grabbing "weenies" with his male buddies whilst wearing "thongs".

The Australian actor, 25, stunned host REGIS PHILBIN with his Antipodean colloquialisms for having a hot dog while sporting flip-flops as he detailed the way he bonds with his male pals over Christmas.

Ledger says, "I was promoting my film on the REGIS AND KATHIE LEE SHOW. Regis asked me what I did Down Under for Christmas fun, so I told him that me and my mates liked to put on our thongs and grab weenies and look at the world go by, and that was our perfect way to male-bond. The whole audience just went silent, and Regis was all frantic gesturing for a commercial break. At the break, I explained that in Australia, Christmas is our summer and thongs are flip-flops, not G-strings, and I meant putting hot dogs (weenies) on the barbie (barbeque)."

Hahahaha, I can just imagine the poor buggar squirm his head off at the stunned silence.
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 04:41:43 am »
(I think a singlet is a tank undershirt.)
Not sure. It's an undershirt with no sleeves, the fabric narrows to go over the shoulders as straps; is that "tank"? Black ones are a NZ icon for farm workers.
What Heath calls "thongs" we in New Zealand call Jandals (and in Solomon Islands we called "slipa").