Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2100035 times)

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Howdy Cowboys and Cowgirls! Welcome to the exciting board game, Jack With Ennis in it's new home, BetterMost, Wyoming!

The rules to play are easy: Compose a steamy fanfic about Jack with Ennis in three sentences. The sentences can be as long or as short as you like but they should be grammatically correct. Now is your chance to reveal your innermost, personal desires for our favorite cowpokes. Make it hot and sexy!

Don't be shy and please put the title of your creation in the subject line so we can find the new story among the comments and assorted postings.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 09:24:37 am by Toycoon »
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Dancing with Jack
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 11:25:23 pm »
He never was much for dancing, not much rhythm, but Ennis sure did like to watch Jack, shaking his butt and woopin' around while drinkin', listening to the transistor and sitting on the porch at Don Rowe's cabin under the full moon.

When Sam Cook came on over the radio, it was as though Jack had been electrocuted because he sprung up, yanked Ennis out of his chair and yelled, " This is my favorite song! "

Ennis was thankful it was a slow number because it gave him a chance to rub his smooth chest against Jack's hairy chest and find the rhythm that a full moon can coax out of a man.
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline THE WINGS

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Toycoon:  Simply beautiful!  I can just see the both of them, under the moon, enjoying some moments of complete bliss. 

Thanks for this!

THE WINGS  (Doug)

Dagi

Toycoon, WHAT A START!

Thanks for that beautiful scene...I love Jack shaking his butt, and the image of our beloved boys embracing in a slow dance...meltingly beautiful!

Hi Gary, did you get my PM? How good to see you!

SUSIE where are you? Don´t tell me you missed the start! I´m yearning for your stories!

Dagi

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Two Hearts
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 09:09:14 am »
Ennis gathered him up into his arms, “Jack Fu ckin Twist! Never figured you for a romantic fool!”

It's funny that we think of Jack as the romantic in the relationship, he saved the shirts and all, but I often think it's Ennis that is the more sentimental of the two. Ennis is the one that has the breakdown when Jack declares "Brokeback Mountain" as something in the past that they once had. Ennis, can't stop thinking about it.

Jack Twist was right, no matter where they were, in this life or the next, they would always be together.

Gorgeous writing and so original, Susiebell, you Devil Doll! Very sweet of you to dedicate your first story to our boy, Gary.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 09:29:38 am by Toycoon »

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Love you Jack. If I could hold you in my arms right now, you'd know that.”,

Oh Susie, thats a beautiful story!
Got tears of my own now.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Oh, wow - these are just great.  I can see that this thread is going to be addictive! 

Thanks for sharing - I'm looking foward to more.  :)

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline malina

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Never Really Apart
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 01:52:32 pm »
This is thanks to Daphne and Susie. I was nostalgically reading over old threads on IMDB following our mass exodus. And I came upon Daphne's beautiful “Private Moments” thread, and Susie's response,  the last before a string of 'deletes'. The idea of 'Private Moments' is... what do we wish they had each been able to see the other do, and what do we wish could have happened. Susie said: “I wish Ennis had swiveled around and held Jack face to face”.

And... I feel out of practice and rusty...

It always tugged at Jack's heart when Ennis left. He knew it was just for the night, and that they couldn't leave them damn sheep alone on the mountain with the coyotes, more greedy than ever now that fall was approaching. Still, every time Jack watched Ennis ride off in the dusk on Cigar Butt, that little edge of fear twisted inside him... thinkin', what if this is the night Ennis changes his mind? What if somethin' happens to him up there and he don't come back down at all? Foolish thoughts, and Jack tried to keep on top a them ... still, always hard ta see Ennis leavin', even just for the night.

This night in August was different. Tired from a full day of wrasslin' those woolies around, not to mention wrasslin' with his man, Jack felt every muscle in his body relax as he stared dreaming at the fire. He breathed in smoke an' mountain air and felt his eyes close to the sounds of Ennis gatherin' up stuff preparin' to go. This night, didn't even feel bad that Ennis was goin. He'd be on the same mountain, after all. Brokeback joined them, Jack thought, half dozing. Never really apart, both a them on Brokeback. Jack stood, sleepin' on his feet like a horse, feeling that whole mountain as part of his body and his heart. Ennis wasn't really leavin', even when he rode off.

Eyes still closed, Jack felt strong arms come around him from behind, like to confirm his thoughts. He felt Ennis's breath on his shoulder and humming his ear. He felt Ennis rock him and whisper a bit, leaned against the steady heartbeat, felt the lonely place inside him filled for good. Never really apart, he thought again, thinkin' he'd say the words out loud but next second forgetting to. Felt like Ennis heard him in any case.

Ennis mumbled 'gotta go', his hand clutching Jack's coat one final time as if not wantin' to pull away. He turned slightly, looked at  Jack's face in the dozy firelight, and all his resolve was gone. Facing Jack, seeing Jack's blue eyes open sleepily and search his face, Ennis pulled him close again, face to face this time, feeling Jack's arms close around him, too, and next second, Jack's slightly parted lips warm against his own. Never really apart, Ennis thought, feelin' like the mountain could stretch out into all of time and space an' keep on being home.

Offline malina

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Two Hearts
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 02:00:20 pm »

“Love you Jack. If I could hold you in my arms right now, you'd know that.”, he ran his thumb over the old carving, hearing Jack's voice, hardly a whisper, drifting into his mind, the words “S’alright, s’alright”, comforting him; “I Gotta go”, he said quietly, wiping away a few stray tears and climbing back into the saddle; Jack Twist was right, no matter where they were, in this life or the next, they would always be together. 

Susie... so beautiful...  :'(

Offline malina

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Dancing with Jack
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 02:03:20 pm »
He never was much for dancing, not much rhythm, but Ennis sure did like to watch Jack, shaking his butt and woopin' around while drinkin', listening to the transistor and sitting on the porch at Don Rowe's cabin under the full moon.

When Sam Cook came on over the radio, it was as though Jack had been electrocuted because he sprung up, yanked Ennis out of his chair and yelled, " This is my favorite song! "

Ennis was thankful it was a slow number because it gave him a chance to rub his smooth chest against Jack's hairy chest and find the rhythm that a full moon can coax out of a man.

Toycoon... perfect. I remember a version of this from long ago, I think.. I don't know if you've changed it or not, but the way it is right now is... perfect like a full moon is perfect!