Author Topic: lovable subtle details  (Read 476117 times)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
Re: lovable subtle details
« Reply #600 on: January 08, 2012, 11:39:25 am »
I would like to write a story, but.... Am I a little crazy? How can I image to do something about a so beautyfull story like this???
Hi there. Don´t worry about it. Fan fiction is about paying tribute to a story we all love. The finished result is not what´s important, but the process of writing and being creative.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #601 on: January 08, 2012, 12:01:49 pm »
Hi! Thanks for your answer, I try to read, but I can´t go in to the page where the story is.
I would like to write a story, but.... Am I a little crazy? How can I image to do something about a so beautyfull story like this???

On that board I linked you to, there are a variety of threads discussing each a particular story. You will find links to the story in many of the posts. Unfortunately many of the links don't work any more, because the stories have since been taken down and/or people have closed their accounts.

Many of the stories were posted on Livejournal.com, and there's still lots of stories still up over there. I believe there's also still discussions going on about different stories.

I did a search for you, and found this. You can try for yourself to click around and see what you find. I may help to become a member over at LJ.

http://www.livejournal.com/search/?area=journals&q=Brokeback%20Mountain

No, I definitely don't think you are crazy. Numerous people transformed the emotional impact they felt from the movie into creativity: writing, art, music.

Many people who had never written one word of fiction before started to write stories.

I don't know what your native language is, but there are stories in German and Spanish too, and probably other languages as well.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline postcard2011

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • Blue coffee pot.... brown coffee in.
« Reply #602 on: January 08, 2012, 12:29:08 pm »
Hey!!! Look what I find! I don´t know if someone found it before.... It deleted scene from the movie looks at me so tender.... what do you think????

http://findingbrokeback.com/Deleted_Scenes/_Deleted_Scenes_Frame.html

:o :o

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #603 on: January 08, 2012, 12:33:27 pm »
Hey!!! Look what I find! I don´t know if someone found it before.... It deleted scene from the movie looks at me so tender.... what do you think????

http://findingbrokeback.com/Deleted_Scenes/_Deleted_Scenes_Frame.html

:o :o

I'm glad you found Findingbrokeback!

It's a site with a multitude of information about BBM, interviews among others.

And yes, screen caps from deleted scenes.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline chowhound

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #604 on: January 08, 2012, 04:52:13 pm »
THANKS A LOT ALL OF YOU!

:) :) :)

ps. there is any book about what could be happen after or/and before the story?

Hi Postcard,
   As far as "after" is concerned, the revised version of the short story - as opposed to the initial version which was first published in the New Yorker magazine - opens with a description of Ennis, alone in his trailer, getting up around 5am. How much time has passed since Jack's death is unclear but as there is a reference to Ennis's "grey wedge of belly and pubic hair", clearly this is a much older Ennis. Nevertheless, Jack is still very much with him as, on waking, "he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream". And the two shirts are still very much with him.

Offline postcard2011

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #605 on: January 08, 2012, 09:03:12 pm »
Hi Postcard,
   As far as "after" is concerned, the revised version of the short story - as opposed to the initial version which was first published in the New Yorker magazine - opens with a description of Ennis, alone in his trailer, getting up around 5am. How much time has passed since Jack's death is unclear but as there is a reference to Ennis's "grey wedge of belly and pubic hair", clearly this is a much older Ennis. Nevertheless, Jack is still very much with him as, on waking, "he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream". And the two shirts are still very much with him.
Yes! I know, I have that book, I read it..... All that you say is so true, as the book.
I was saying if someone, fan, writer could wirte the story, after or before, just using the imagination, inspired by this beautifull story.... I would like to write... I would like to image Jack and Ennis in their childhood.
Sorry if my english is a little bad, I would liketo write many other things in clear way....

Thanks all of you for your answers, make me so so so happy..... as I am getting a postcard!!!
 :) :) :)

Offline postcard2011

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #606 on: January 08, 2012, 09:04:15 pm »
On that board I linked you to, there are a variety of threads discussing each a particular story. You will find links to the story in many of the posts. Unfortunately many of the links don't work any more, because the stories have since been taken down and/or people have closed their accounts.

Many of the stories were posted on Livejournal.com, and there's still lots of stories still up over there. I believe there's also still discussions going on about different stories.

I did a search for you, and found this. You can try for yourself to click around and see what you find. I may help to become a member over at LJ.

http://www.livejournal.com/search/?area=journals&q=Brokeback%20Mountain

No, I definitely don't think you are crazy. Numerous people transformed the emotional impact they felt from the movie into creativity: writing, art, music.

Many people who had never written one word of fiction before started to write stories.

I don't know what your native language is, but there are stories in German and Spanish too, and probably other languages as well.

Would you please help me to found in spanish? ( I mean, the stories )
Thanks

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #607 on: January 09, 2012, 02:04:16 am »
Hi Penthesilea!
The firts time I saw, I mean, with all my senses was a few weeks before. I love movies. But I never paid attetion to this one, I don´t know why, both actors, specially Ledger, I love them. Maybe I was so stressed with my own life in that time, when the movie comes out.

Only a few weeks ago - no wonder you have it bad. ;) :)
I remember those early times well.

But, what do you think about the firts take, when Jacks put his arms on his truck, look Ennis, then he whispers something... he just move his lips, I can swear he said, fuck you.

I took the DVD out and watched the scene a couple of times in slow-motion. After all this time, I think I've seen the whole movie in slow-motion. :laugh:
Back to Jack: I know what you mean; he gets out of the truck, kicks the tire, makes a step into Enni's direction, stops, leans back on his truck and stares at Ennis for another moment. Then, just as he looks down, his lips move.
Wellllll, I don't see a "Fuck" there, I think he only purses his lips. But then, if you're sure you see a "Fuck", then maybe it is really there. Who knows? Some things will forever stay unclear, respectively every viewer gets to decide for themselves.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #608 on: January 09, 2012, 06:17:31 pm »
  Welcome to Bettermost Postcard.  We are always happy to have new people here.  If you want anything explained.  How to find things, and some of the old threads that might interest you.  Simply ask a mod.  I am sure that they would be most happy to aid you.
  We all love people who love our beautiful movie.  I just passed my six year anniversary on the sixth of January.  I watched it two times that day.  I watch the film every anniversary again.  Not to mention that I watched it at least one hundred times that first year.  It is still in my mind the most beautiful love story since Romeo and Juliet.  It has a lot of the same components as that story. 
  I think it marvelous that you can speak English so well.  I am very lax in that direction.  I speak English, and a passable spanish.  Not fluent, but can understand it fairly well.  I can follow the conversation, but not too good at it. 
  Feel free to post as much and as often as you like.  You are going to be among friends and family here.  Again WELCOME !!!

There is a story that is still being written on Bettermost.  The writer is Louise VanHine.  The story is posted on the home page.  It is listed under The Runaway Deputy.  It has at least six books already written in this fiction.  you can access them by contacting Louise.  I am sure that she will give you the start of the story.  That way you can read the whole thing.  Be warned however.  It will take a long time for you to read it.  She has been very fruitful in her prose.  She is the Mod on that thread, and you may send her a personal message, in order to contact her.

louisev

Beautiful mind

Offline postcard2011

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #609 on: January 09, 2012, 06:42:08 pm »

Welcome to Bettermost Postcard.  We are always happy to have new people here.  If you want anything explained.  How to find things, and some of the old threads that might interest you.  Simply ask a mod.  I am sure that they would be most happy to aid you.
  We all love people who love our beautiful movie.  I just passed my six year anniversary on the sixth of January.  I watched it two times that day.  I watch the film every anniversary again.  Not to mention that I watched it at least one hundred times that first year.  It is still in my mind the most beautiful love story since Romeo and Juliet.  It has a lot of the same components as that story.  
  I think it marvelous that you can speak English so well.  I am very lax in that direction.  I speak English, and a passable spanish.  Not fluent, but can understand it fairly well.  I can follow the conversation, but not too good at it.  
  Feel free to post as much and as often as you like.  You are going to be among friends and family here.  Again WELCOME !!!

There is a story that is still being written on Bettermost.  The writer is Louise VanHine.  The story is posted on the home page.  It is listed under

Thanks a lot! I feel so happy, gratefull ! Yes, the people in this place is so friendly and they really love to talk about this beautifull movie.

You can all count on me.
Tell me, in which day is the anniversary?