Author Topic: "I was supposed to control the weather"... Jack and the Wind  (Read 90103 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: "I was supposed to control the weather"... Jack and the Wind
« Reply #140 on: May 01, 2007, 09:39:00 pm »
 :D

I'm here to report that I very consciously wore a pure black suit to work today with a sky blue shirt underneath!  The best part is that the blue shirt has white cuffs and a white collar... so I snuck the black and white/ yin and yang idea in at the same time!

:D 8)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #141 on: May 01, 2007, 10:32:32 pm »
 :laugh:  I love how we are all reporting our outfits!

OK, here's mine: When I got dressed today I knew I was going to wear jeans (cropped, because it was about 80). (I dress casually because I work out of my home, for those who don't know.) So then I wondered ... what shirt? And it was like a V-8 forehead slapping moment. A black T-shirt, of course!

Offline Toast

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #142 on: May 01, 2007, 11:04:21 pm »
Fashion Report

Toast in jeans as predicted, blue hanky around the neck, and my white Gorilla Glue T-Shirt.  oh yes, blue checked boxers too.

It was a great (but rainy) Jack and the Wind day for me.
My jacket was blue and black and white.

Muah!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #143 on: May 01, 2007, 11:14:34 pm »
We had a first-class thunderstorm and even some tornado warnings in the area today!  So, I guess this was weather worthy of Lighnting Flat... or of a stormy day on Brokeback.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #144 on: May 02, 2007, 08:58:14 am »
Yesterday I took my daughter to her horseback riding lessons. Where the stables are is a national park and I went walking on a nature trail. It was warm and sunny. I walked the trail till I came to a turn off and followed that for awhile. I came to a board walk that ended in a deck over a pond created by a beaver dam. There were reeds and swamp grass all around. As I sat there looking over the water and thinking suddenly the wind picked up. The reeds were dancing and the wind was whispering through the tall grass. I couldn't help thinking of our Jack. There had really been no wind that day until I was alone there in the woods with my thoughts. It was then my thoughts turned to Jack and I couldn't help but shed a tear. I know he's not a real person but he has and Ennis have had such an impact on my life. I am so glad I have come to know them and love them and learn from them.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #145 on: May 02, 2007, 09:30:01 am »
Thank you for that beautiful post, Lee. Last night I was taking a picture of the full moon and the breeze brushed through the pine trees gently and brought me their vanilla smell. I sensed the spirit of Jack most powerfully!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #146 on: May 02, 2007, 10:10:41 am »
the breeze brushed through the pine trees gently and brought me their vanilla smell

Was it a sweet salty stink?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #147 on: May 02, 2007, 04:36:19 pm »
Was it a sweet salty stink?

Yes without the salty part. (I'm Ennis's salt shaker, so I can supply that part!)

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline miniangel

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #148 on: May 03, 2007, 07:12:15 am »
Having only just signed on I've only just read this thread but here I am, quite accidentally wearing blue and black and having been thinking about Jack and the wind ever since it started blowing a gale a day or two back. I woke this morning to rain and twigs and stuff hitting the roof with some force, and a whole new way of looking at the last camping trip spewing forth from my brain so I had to jump up and write it out. I felt that listening to the wind all night had inspired me. I could just be nuts, of course.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #149 on: May 03, 2007, 07:23:24 am »
Having only just signed on I've only just read this thread but here I am, quite accidentally wearing blue and black and having been thinking about Jack and the wind ever since it started blowing a gale a day or two back. I woke this morning to rain and twigs and stuff hitting the roof with some force, and a whole new way of looking at the last camping trip spewing forth from my brain so I had to jump up and write it out. I felt that listening to the wind all night had inspired me. I could just be nuts, of course.

Well Howdy and Welcome! If you're nuts your in good company here! ;D
I watched the movie again last night. I really paid attention to the wind and Wow, what a big part it plays in the story.
I was blown away! LOL (pun intended) ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"