Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3175950 times)

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #4930 on: March 13, 2010, 05:44:12 am »
When yesterday I wrote my comment about the interview I was very upset, I should have waited until I had calmed down a bit . I didn't know  anything about the interviewer and I rushed into making a strong comment. I assumed he knew that Jake had never spoken in public about Heath after his death.  Many will be remembering  this video as the video with Jake and Rachel McAdams at the Oscars 2010, many, I being one of them, will be remembering it as  the video  where Jake for the first time publicly spoke about Heath.   I felt as if the interviewer (or whoever sent him there) was looking for his "big chance".   Which might not be the case at all.   After all it was Oscars night, why shouldn't have they talked about Heath at the Oscars? Heath deserved to be mentioned at the Oscars, as they said he should have been there.
I was one of those people who expected Jake to say  something after Heath's death. When it became clear that it wasn't going to happen I was surprised but accepted that we don't all grieve in the same way.  I expected soon or later Jake would be asked about Heath, I just dind't like how it happened, I wish it had been done differently.
BbM, I swear

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #4931 on: March 13, 2010, 07:41:42 am »
I expected soon or later Jake would be asked about Heath, I just dind't like how it happened, I wish it had been done differently.
yeah, it would be nice if he had had a chance to actually say something real. This was simply the wrong time to get into it.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4932 on: March 15, 2010, 07:32:38 pm »
Jake and Kirsten Dunst again?

http://www.sugarscape.com/node/478394

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4933 on: March 20, 2010, 11:34:08 am »
Sophia who is the best Jake-friend anyone could ask for, pointed me in the direction of this little piece of Jake goodness

Those eyes, that mouth, that shirt :o

http://www.twitvid.com/810B4

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #4934 on: March 20, 2010, 06:10:20 pm »
Sophia who is the best Jake-friend anyone could ask for, pointed me in the direction of this little piece of Jake goodness

Those eyes, that mouth, that shirt :o

http://www.twitvid.com/810B4

Yeah, he's cute!   like him love him. 

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4935 on: March 21, 2010, 03:54:01 am »

Yeah, he's cute!   like him love him.  
oh yes! And I love that he´s back to his "Jack Twist" days - lookwise :)
I´ve said it before, but I thought it worth repeating ;D

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4936 on: March 28, 2010, 07:07:44 pm »
Jake mentions Heath in interview:

OK, I’ll hold you to that. In this movie Tobey again will be seen as a great actor. A lot of people just remember him as Spiderman – do you think people will be surprised?

Yes. It’s like when I worked with Heath Ledger. When we started working together I think people were blown away by his performance in the movie (Brokeback Mountain). I don’t think people expected that from him. At least that’s what I heard that from the journalists and people who saw that movie. It is wonderful to see someone who everybody talks about. It is wonderful to hear. It is wonderful to have either fooled the people as he has done or to have been honest in the way that he has been that they go, wow!. 

http://alive-sydney.whereilive.com.au/news/story/interview-jake-gyllenhaal/

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #4937 on: March 29, 2010, 02:00:45 am »
As Jake said 'it is wonderful to hear'!

I think the answer to the first question is a reference to Heath too.

Having interviewed you several times over the years, you seem more at ease with yourself nowadays?

Yes, I do feel that. I think that’s part of growing up. A lot of things happened in my life while I was making this movie, and it made me think that we never know what’s going to happen in the future. All we have is right now, so what do you have to lose but to go for it?

Both questions in the interview didn't mention Heath, so I'm a bit surprised he answered twice by saying something about Heath, directly or indirectly.

Thanks for posting that Milan.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4938 on: March 29, 2010, 11:29:17 am »

Wow!  Thanks for bringing this interview to our attention!  Maybe that surprise red-carpet question about Heath has caused Jake to feel more free to talk about Heath somehow.

These are nice comments he made.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4939 on: March 29, 2010, 12:21:10 pm »
Yes, Jake made some nice comments about both, Heath and Tobey. Although I don't think you can compare the two performances.

It seems Jake feels more comfortable now talking about Heath. :)