Author Topic: Animals In Our Lives  (Read 1006495 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Animals In Our Lives
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2007, 02:33:04 am »
Awesome animal pictures huntingbuddy, Amanda, Jess and Shasta!!! Such beautiful animals!  :D

Here's my two babies!

Cody, my 3 year old golden retriever. He's a big baby and he thinks he's very cool!  8)

I love this picture. I love the look on his face, because he often has this exact same facial expression. It's a "I don't really care because I'm a happy dog and I love everybody" look.  :D

This is Oreo, my 3 year old Tuxedo cat! He thinks he's very cool too!  8)

I just tickled his tummy in this picture and he's stretching out waiting for some more loving!  :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2007, 12:53:50 pm »
I got a whippet.  Ten years old.  Sleeps a lot.  :)

Her name is Madison, and she's a real sweetheart.  She loves the sofas and the beds!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2007, 07:26:03 pm »
Awesome animal pictures huntingbuddy, Amanda, Jess and Shasta!!! Such beautiful animals!  :D

Here's my two babies!

Cody, my 3 year old golden retriever. He's a big baby and he thinks he's very cool!  8)

I love this picture. I love the look on his face, because he often has this exact same facial expression. It's a "I don't really care because I'm a happy dog and I love everybody" look.  :D

I just tickled his tummy in this picture and he's stretching out waiting for some more loving!  :D

David---Cody is beautiful. He looks like he's very perceptive and intelligent. Friendly, too--like he'd offer a paw to shake hands And like he might enjoy a good game of fetch!! Does he bring back his toys or make you chase him?? Do Cody and Oreo get along well? I expect they do. Oreo is very pretty---love that name---it's perfect.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2007, 07:30:19 pm »
I got a whippet.  Ten years old.  Sleeps a lot.  :)

Her name is Madison, and she's a real sweetheart.  She loves the sofas and the beds!

"Sleeps a lot."  LOL.  Madison sounds like my 10 year old dogs!! I am not familiar with whippets---I have seen them in dog shows, but not in person. She looks very sweet and cute---what were whippets bred for? Aren't they built somewhat like a greyhound?
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2007, 07:46:41 pm »
David---Cody is beautiful. He looks like he's very perceptive and intelligent. Friendly, too--like he'd offer a paw to shake hands And like he might enjoy a good game of fetch!! Does he bring back his toys or make you chase him?? Do Cody and Oreo get along well? I expect they do. Oreo is very pretty---love that name---it's perfect.

Hi Shasta!  :D

Yes, Cody is a very friendly dog and he loves everyone! I've never seen Cody growl at anyone, except a friendly growl when he's playing tug-of-war or some similar game. He never snaps at people and he never barks at people either. He barks at noises, but just as quick as he realizes the noise is coming from a person, he'll stop. He does bark at other animals though.

Yes, he's a fetcher! He loves it when I play frisbee with him in the back yard. Sometimes we will play at night. I have a glow in the dark frisbee and for some reason it fascinates him when it's glowing. I always know when he wants to play. He'll sit down facing me and he'll put one of his paws on my knee. Then he'll look over at the door, then back at me, then over at the door. This is his way of telling me he wants to go out back and play. He has many toys and I keep them stored in a toy box in my living room. Most of the time Cody will pick up his toys when he's finished playing with them and deposit them back inside the toybox, if I remember to leave the lid open.

Yeah, Cody and Oreo get along very well. Oreo picks on Cody sometimes though. He'll slap Cody in the face with his paw for no reason what so ever, and sometimes Oreo will sit in front of Cody and slowly swing his front paws back and forth; kind of like karate. I think he does this to irritate Cody. Cody will just sit there and watch him until he tries to swipe Cody across the face.   >:(

Oreo is kind of weird though. Sometimes he will suddenly jump up and start hissing and yowling for no reason. He's done this ever since he was a kitten. I have no idea why he does it. And sometimes they will chase each other through the house in the middle of the night. There's been many nights when I've awakened to a crashing sound downstairs. Cody will start skidding on the hard wood floors and slide into something.

They're my buddies and I love them!  :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2007, 07:49:29 pm »
Fran, Madison is pretty. I love those big soulful eyes of hers!  :D

Offline Fran

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2007, 09:59:01 pm »
"Sleeps a lot."  LOL.  Madison sounds like my 10 year old dogs!! I am not familiar with whippets---I have seen them in dog shows, but not in person. She looks very sweet and cute---what were whippets bred for? Aren't they built somewhat like a greyhound?

Shasta, whippets are down-sized greyhounds with some terrier blood mixed in, so basically it's the same look.  I think they were bred for rabbit coursing or racing.

Madison is super-model skinny -- very thin, even for a whippet.  She's thin-skinned, and you can literally see through her legs when the sun shines.

Offline Fran

« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2007, 10:05:57 pm »
Fran, Madison is pretty. I love those big soulful eyes of hers!  :D

Thanks, David.  Cody is gorgeous, too.

In fact, I think we all have some very photogenic pets.  I'm loving the pictures on this thread.

Offline Fran

« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2007, 10:12:07 pm »
Here's some photos (I've already posted the one of Charlie on another thread).
Our gorgeous gentle Robbie

Our sweet little chatterbox Joey

Our beautiful Nutmeg (alas no longer with us .... but very much loved)

Our handsome Stuart Little (also no longer with us .... but also very much loved)

And our wonderful, deliquent dog, Charlie ...don't let the innocent face fool you!!!

Susie, were Nutmeg and Stuart Little guinea pigs? 

How does Charlie get along with Robbie?  I don't think Robbie would last very long at our house.  :(

What a cute picture of Charlie sleeping with his stuffie!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2007, 10:59:58 pm »

Absolutely adorable David!!!  Cody does look like a very happy dog indeed!  And, I love tuxedo cats.  Someday if Vivien winds up with a brother or sister, odds are that it will be tuxedo cat.

I picked out Vivien from an animal shelter (a really nice, no-kill shelter here in Pittsburgh) with the idea of getting a black cat in mind.  I love the way they look (such beautiful cats), but I've also heard that black cats end up in shelters in disproportionate numbers compared to other kinds of cats (due to people's superstitions, etc.).  And, it seemed to be true... at the shelter there were a ton of black cats. 

Anyway... thanks to everyone for posting all these fantastic pics!  I love animals!
 :D
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie