Author Topic: Animals In Our Lives  (Read 1006524 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Animals In Our Lives
« Reply #500 on: April 07, 2010, 02:21:25 pm »
Chrissi, any news on your Happy Wanderer?

Maybe he's hiding because he found out you were taking him to the vet.   ;)

No, sadly not. He's gone for two full days now :(. The bad thing is, I had such a strange feeling, directly on Monday evening. Just half an hour after he had gone for a stroll, we went to bed, and it didn't feel good. He never went out that late at night (except for the first few days when he wasn't allowed in the house). I even said so to my husband. He could come and go as he wanted, because we had reactivated our old cat flap.

Hubby told me I'm crazy and that he would surely be lying in the laundry as usual the next morning. Wrong.

I really hope he went back to his original owners, if he doesn't show up anymore. I miss him so much. :'(

Thank you also for your kind words Sonja and Kelda.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #501 on: April 30, 2010, 12:51:10 am »
My cat is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I woke up from the sound of a cat crying and jumped out of the bed - low and behold, there he was, standing in my floor, crying for food.

I can't believe it. He went missing on April, 6th - today is April 30th.

I'm happy, but I'm also back to square one. Were was he the last 3 1/2 weeks? He has gotten thin. But he must have eaten something. Does he have a home besides us? Did he go back there? Or did he spend the last three weeks wandering? Being here and there, getting fed sometimes by nice people, staying hungry/hunting mice/eating from trash bins on other times? Or did he choose to stay with another family, just like he did with us?

Well, I can't carry him to the vet first thing today because I don't know if he's "ours". One thing is for sure: he is still not castrated, which he should be. For now, I'll just wait and see if he stays.

But for now, I'm soooo happy to see him again :D.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #502 on: April 30, 2010, 06:20:52 am »
awwww.  I'm glad he's back.

Chrissi, I would get him to the vet, just to make sure he's not been hurt in his adventures away.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #503 on: April 30, 2010, 08:58:47 am »
Awesome news, Chrissi!!!!!!!

That sure was a long time for a cat to be away, but obviously he is very resourceful.

Maybe you should put some kind of cat collar on him with your phone number on it, so in the event he does go off wandering again, you can get a phone call from whomever finds him.  Even if it turns out that he has another family somewhere, at least you'll have some answers.  I think they have "breakaway" collars for cats so you don't have to worry about them accidentally choking themselves in the event the collar gets caught on something.

I still think Cäsar was hiding because he didn't want to go to the vet.   ;)

To Cäsar:

Welcome home, you silly cat!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #504 on: April 30, 2010, 11:05:40 am »
Thank you, Chuck and Fran :-*.

He's back to his normal routine as if he never were away, let alone 3 1/2 weeks.
He's fit as a fiddle :D.

We already tried the collar thingie when he came to us for the first time. We wanted to find his owners. But he simply didn't get used to the collar, he threw a complete fit every time I put it on for a few minutes. He also managed to get is lover jaw under the collar, no matter how tight I made it. And then he panicked because he couldn't get his jaw out of it again. I had to rescue him every time and open the collar. It is a self-opening collar, but with the impossible angle he put his jaw under it, he couldn't get it open ::). Dumb-ass cat ;).

Now I'll have another try at the collar. I'll put it on him every time I feed him, and take it off directly after. Hope it'll work.

Even more I hope he will stay.

"Where've you been? I don't get you Cäsar Del Mar!"

I'm happy but confused.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #505 on: April 30, 2010, 01:13:13 pm »
With cats you never know....

Esp if they aren't castrated.

Glad he came back, Chrissi!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #506 on: April 30, 2010, 02:20:07 pm »
He might be mocrochipped Chrissi? If you took hi to the vet theyd be able to check?

Great that hes okay!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #507 on: April 30, 2010, 02:50:54 pm »
He might be mocrochipped Chrissi? If you took hi to the vet theyd be able to check?

Great that hes okay!

We had him checked and looked for a microchip at the vet. No chip. We had also hung flyers, and the vet had notified a pet-help organization, which registers pets and missing pets. Of course we also asked around in the village. Nothing, nada.
We live in a rural community, where many people still hold cats "the old way". They live in and around the barn, which they have to keep free of rats and mice. They get only minimum feed, they never see a vet, they don't get castrated. They are basically livestock, not pets. Many wander off, get hit by cars, or whatever.  But there's no shortage of new cat-babies. :-\
Some people guessed he might come from such a home. I don't know. I would love to have him chipped and castrated ASAP, but I'm hesitant because we don't know whether he belongs to someone who cares for him and misses him (but if so, why the heck don't they have him castrated?).

We'll just wait if he stays and try to ease him into the collar.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #508 on: April 30, 2010, 04:48:09 pm »
Chrissi, I am so glad your cat came back home to you. I hope you figure out who he belongs to soon. I'm hoping perhaps he was one of those barn cats you were telling us about. If so, maybe you could keep him? Once he's been neutered he'll tend not to wander nearly as much, if at all. But I agree with you, it is better to hold off on the neutering until you figure out his history.

Fingers crossed he'll be yours forever! He sure is a cutie! Thanks for posting the pictures. I love the picture of him napping. That is so sweet and cute! :-*

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #509 on: April 30, 2010, 06:32:04 pm »

We had him checked and looked for a microchip at the vet. No chip. We had also hung flyers, and the vet had notified a pet-help organization, which registers pets and missing pets. Of course we also asked around in the village. Nothing, nada.

Rhats right! I remeber youmenioning that now.. it is very odd! Are the kids as excited as you!?!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/