Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3699882 times)

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #1580 on: January 30, 2007, 09:44:30 pm »
I just don't have it in me to go through 1580 posts to find this out for myself, so I came by to ask a favor!

You know that picture of Ennis and the calf that is around? He's squatting down just inside the barn door, the calf is lying there and there's a wooden box with medicines in it sitting there beside the calf.

Was that ever posted here, or anywhere on BM? I have the picture, it isn't that, i'm just trying to get a feel for where it came from. It's a deleted scene, of course, but what was the source of the photo? That's what I'm trying to find out, and I figured what better place could there be to look for information about a picture of Ennis?

Thank you for any and all suggestions/opinions.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1581 on: January 30, 2007, 09:53:58 pm »
Hi Tamarack,

That picture has been posted here, and not that long ago. I am not sure if any one has ever decided whether it was a publicity shot or a deleted scene. My take is that is that it is a publicity shot, actually...most of the pictures of Jack and Ennis smiling came from publicity stills and also have scenes that are not entirely related to the movie (or cannot easily be placed in the movie). The glaring exception is Jack and Ennis smiling by the campfire, Ennis with his hat on his knee...which we could all easily place but it was not in the film.

Hope that helps, other Heathens will jump in, I am sure.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1582 on: January 30, 2007, 10:03:21 pm »
Thanks, Leslie. You're right, I shouldn't have called it a deleted scene. It was on my mind as such because of a conversation I was just having about it.

There is a deleted scene of Ennis in a meadow with a sick calf that could very easily have led to the barn scene and that's what was on my mind.

If you think it wasn't that long ago maybe I'll start working my way backwards on the thread and see what I find.

Thanks!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #1583 on: January 30, 2007, 11:10:24 pm »
There is a deleted scene of Ennis in a meadow with a sick calf that could very easily have led to the barn scene and that's what was on my mind.

Hunh?  I hadn't heard about that particular deleted scene.

Speaking of pictures not in the movie, I ran across this shot somewhere recently that I hadn't seen before:

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1584 on: January 30, 2007, 11:22:58 pm »
I don't think I've seen this one either, Meryl. It reminds me of the stump he's sitting on when he's with the dogs and Jack has the sheep in his arms, pulling out a thorn or something.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #1585 on: January 30, 2007, 11:41:48 pm »
I don't think I've seen this one either, Meryl. It reminds me of the stump he's sitting on when he's with the dogs and Jack has the sheep in his arms, pulling out a thorn or something.

Yes, Lauren, it comes from that scene.  Here's the only other outtake I've seen from it:

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1586 on: January 31, 2007, 12:13:03 am »
I just don't have it in me to go through 1580 posts to find this out for myself, so I came by to ask a favor!

You know that picture of Ennis and the calf that is around? He's squatting down just inside the barn door, the calf is lying there and there's a wooden box with medicines in it sitting there beside the calf.

Was that ever posted here, or anywhere on BM? I have the picture, it isn't that, i'm just trying to get a feel for where it came from. It's a deleted scene, of course, but what was the source of the photo? That's what I'm trying to find out, and I figured what better place could there be to look for information about a picture of Ennis?

I first saw it listed by a person selling BBM pictures, and it was mostly a publicity still, as no scene like that ever appeared anywhere else.  BUT it did get sold? to magazines too, as the second time I saw it was in one of the weekly celebrity mags--OK or US ??? can't remember which,  but it was in a public publication too.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #1587 on: January 31, 2007, 08:35:42 am »

Here you go:

Funny, I asked the same question about this pic a few days ago. Is it a publicity still? Or a deleted scene? And if so, what may the scene have been about?

Additionally I noticed that Ennis (if it is Ennis, not just Heath in Ennis' costume) wears the "death jacket". The one he wears from the pie scene on through the rest of the movie; the one that is so similar to his father's jacket when old DelMar shows Ennis and KE the body of dead Earl.
But Ennis seems a good deal younger in this pic than by the end of the movie. Therefore I think it is more likely a publicity still, not a deleted scene.

(I thought I'd give it another try and ask the same questions, since I didn't get any answers the first time)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1588 on: January 31, 2007, 06:54:00 pm »
A picture of Heath, Michelle, and Matilda (not visible) taken in New York city on Monday....

L
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 07:39:37 pm by MaineWriter »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #1589 on: January 31, 2007, 07:00:39 pm »

What a lovely collection of hats he has.  First Dopey, and now a bumblebee.  :)

Here's a matching outfit for Matilda Rose:

« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 07:07:54 pm by southendmd »