Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3762246 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #1690 on: March 06, 2007, 03:40:35 am »
Diggin' the Heath/Ennis love....

Oh wow, what a great picture! I hadn't seen that before. thanks for posting  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #1691 on: March 16, 2007, 12:30:31 pm »
I don't have anything particular to say; I just want to add a post so that it gets closer to the time that when I hit the "new" button to call up this thread it goes automatically to the next page instead of this one. I hate clicking on "Heath Heath Heath" and having the first thing I see being a post about Heath supposedly being unattractive.

Beauty is so in the eye of the beholder. I know this sounds mind-blowing, but I'm not that enraptured by Jake's appearance. Yes, I can see why people find him handsome, and at times I myself think he's cute. He's charming on talk shows, and he dresses fairly well in a casual way. But he just doesn't ... grab me, you know what I mean? He always looks sort of the same, so his appearance strikes me as ... I don't know, predictable or facile or obvious or something. I feel that way when watching BBM, and I feel that way in RL.

But you don't see me going onto the "Jake Jake Jake" thread to air my views and analyze what I perceive to be his physical flaws. It's enough for me to realize that plenty of people DO find him hot. I figure they probably have their reasons.

Hope I didn't offend, certainly wasn't my intention...

pretty/beautiful/attractive are all very different words to me.  ugly can be just as beautiful and attractive as pretty, and sometimes pretty is neither beautiful nor attractive.

anyhoo, sorry for any discomfort I may have contributed to.
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #1692 on: March 16, 2007, 01:00:40 pm »
pretty/beautiful/attractive are all very different words to me.  ugly can be just as beautiful and attractive as pretty, and sometimes pretty is neither beautiful nor attractive.

Oh, OK. I still don't quite understand. I can see how ugly might be fascinating and thus in its own way attractive, and how pretty might be boring and therefore not attractive. But how can ugly be beautiful? Aren't the two words opposites, by definition?

In any case, thanks for the explanation, and no offense taken.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #1693 on: March 16, 2007, 02:23:26 pm »
I appreciate folks that appreciate a complicated man

and there is something about this picture...

Oh RouxB, I remember the night this picture of us was taken.  What a blissful experience.  Thanks for having the courage to hand Michelle the camera and asking her to snap it.  I recognize you and me flanking Heath, of course, but who is that third Heathen in the pic?

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #1694 on: March 17, 2007, 01:03:55 am »
This is Lote Tuqiri, a huge rugby player.  I thought this looked a little Ennisesque:

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1695 on: March 17, 2007, 01:17:13 am »
This is Lote Tuqiri, a huge rugby player.  I thought this looked a little Ennisesque:

He does!!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #1696 on: March 18, 2007, 04:13:11 am »
This photo is labelled March 11th, 2007, 6 days ago:

« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 04:17:37 am by Ellemeno »

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #1697 on: March 20, 2007, 05:33:19 pm »
Not sure if this is old news or not, but I read today that Maggie Gyllenhaal is slated to replace Katie Holmes in The Dark Knight.  The character is Rachel Dawes, childhood friend of Bruce Wayne and good-girl lawyer in Gotham.
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1698 on: March 21, 2007, 02:39:18 am »
Not sure if this is old news or not, but I read today that Maggie Gyllenhaal is slated to replace Katie Holmes in The Dark Knight.  The character is Rachel Dawes, childhood friend of Bruce Wayne and good-girl lawyer in Gotham.

I started a thread with that tidbit of news. Frankly, I think it is an improvement. Poor Katie Holmes, though. She has a lunatic husband who is going to ruin her career.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1699 on: March 21, 2007, 08:00:57 am »
I started a thread with that tidbit of news. Frankly, I think it is an improvement. Poor Katie Holmes, though. She has a lunatic husband who is going to ruin her career.

So true. I'll bet she'll wind up losing more money than he paid her to marry him.  ;D