Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3772609 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5310 on: May 20, 2008, 07:35:26 pm »
This is the one I like:

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #5311 on: May 20, 2008, 07:37:10 pm »
You and the rest of us, I bet!  ;) :)

Offline optom3

« Reply #5312 on: May 20, 2008, 08:02:24 pm »
....or angsty glory:

Perhaps I should take the opportunity to ask if someone would like to explain to me what was really going on with Heath's role character (Harry?) when he left the army prior to their being shipped off to fight in... uhm... can't recall, was it Sudan? Anyway, he was sitting there, signalling and emoting angst and a troubled mind like never before or since, and then he asked to leave the army... Was that supposed to mean he actually was "cowardly"? Afraid of going to war? Because I thought he was extremely brave to stand up to his father, risk the disdain of the officers and his fiancee and suffer the ostracism of all his mates... So I figured he had a serious conscientious reason for leaving his post. Like for instance, why on earth go to Sudan and inflict unjust foreign rule on the people there... But I never quite understood what the film was really trying to say about Harry's motivation. (Or anything else).

I have to say I think he was afraid of going into battle.He had joined the army because it was expected of him,presumably never imagining that he would actually be called to bear arms.
He then I think gets an attack of guilt after,the reactions that accompany his decision, so heads off to do his bit, and by now has decided to remain incognito.It is almost one extreme to the other.
Initial lack of courage,followed by utmost courage and the humbleness to not draw any attention to his deeds.Someone mentioned that large sections had been cut I think.So that may explain why it does not flow 100% coherently.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5313 on: May 20, 2008, 08:29:09 pm »
Just another I found in my photobucket:

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5314 on: May 20, 2008, 08:35:22 pm »
Anyone think Heath looks great in period costume, any period??

I think he looks great. Period.

;)

Offline BelAir

« Reply #5315 on: May 20, 2008, 11:26:50 pm »
My true confession: I first fell in love with Heath in Four Feathers...

(dreamy fan girl love that is)

I don't care if the plot didn't make sense.  I loved seeing him all suave in his uniform, and then all "I don't want to go to war in a foreign land I know nothing about for a cause I don't understand."  I also loved seeing him all dirty and incognito and "I will save my friends."  I also love listening to Djimon Hinsou.  The one thing I was mad about - him getting back together with the girl in the end.  I think after the epic stuff he went through, he would have realized, "umm, don't need stupid girl."

::)

I'm also pretty sure I've said all that before...

;D

"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline optom3

« Reply #5316 on: May 20, 2008, 11:41:48 pm »
I think he looks great. Period.

;)

I'll second that.
I know he wasn't overly keen on being photographed,but I hope there are still some undiscovered gems out there,to keep me going for the forseeable future.
I have a horrible feeling that when the photos dry up,I will have to come out of my little cocoon and face facts.Something I am in no great hurry to do.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5317 on: May 21, 2008, 01:58:58 am »
But keep in mind that I was so pre-Heathen back then that, of the two Bros. Grimm, I preferred Matt Damon! (Sorry *dons hardhat* I know that's a Heathen form of sacrilege.)

Another thing we have in common!  :) When I first saw BG I watched it because of Matt Damon (he sure is eye-candy and I liked him in GWH) and didn't pay any attention to the other guy. I didn't even realize it was the same guy as in 10 Things and AKT, which I both hadn't seen then, but had heard of and seen pictures. The only thing I connected with the name Heath Ledger was that "blonde bimbo" image he disliked so much (me too, hell was I surprised by his Ennis).

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5318 on: May 21, 2008, 02:00:18 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #5319 on: May 21, 2008, 02:04:11 am »
The Four Feathers is on BBC Two next monday at 10 pm. I'm getting my dvd recorder ready.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'