Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3772882 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5470 on: June 04, 2008, 02:04:36 am »
This was on the bbc website yesterday. And it made me very sad.  :(

Star biographies make dictionary

Late Hollywood actor Heath Ledger and crocodile hunter Steve Irwin have been included in the latest edition of the Collins Concise English Dictionary.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7430830.stm
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5471 on: June 04, 2008, 09:52:38 am »
Is anyone else concerned that Heath's performance as the Joker might end up panned by ciritcs, maybe the movie too?  After all the hype that'd be a slap in the face for all involved. :-\

Offline optom3

« Reply #5472 on: June 04, 2008, 10:04:57 am »
Is anyone else concerned that Heath's performance as the Joker might end up panned by ciritcs, maybe the movie too?  After all the hype that'd be a slap in the face for all involved. :-\

I am torn between not wanting to see or hear anything about it and wanting to know everything. I don't think they would be so stupid as to give it a poor write up, in view ofall the positive feedback so far.
My problem is I am not sure if I want him to get a posthumous Oscar or not,(which has been rumoured) after the BBM fiasco. He should have got the AA while he was still here, to know what high regard he was held in.
I am just so at odds period.Even the press junkets are going to be horrible without him, sitting there fidgeting etc. I still have problems processing it all

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5473 on: June 04, 2008, 10:12:38 am »
I agree, it'd be hared watching promotion for TDK w/o him.  :(

Offline optom3

« Reply #5474 on: June 04, 2008, 11:52:32 am »
It is saying in this weeks Star magazine, (so it must be true !!!! ) that Mary-Kate is having a meltdown now over Heath. No I don't normally buy such trash, but I can't help myself if Heath is mentioned on the cover.One second it's on the shelf, the next it somehow gets into the cart, very strange !!!!

So I wonder if Jake my get a delayed reaction.I know sometimes when I go through traumatic events, if I keep myself busy then It may not hit me until months after the event,then I just crumble.

Offline optom3

« Reply #5475 on: June 04, 2008, 02:00:15 pm »
I would be really surprised if there is a posthumous Oscar.  Batman is not the type of film that usually wins Oscars, or is even nominated.  I have to admit, if it weren't for Heath, I would be waiting for DVD or TV broadcast of the movie as I did with the other Batman films.  As it is, I am worried about my reaction in the theater, but think I will feel compelled to go.

My husband is going first with the 2 boys,Iwill take it from there.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #5476 on: June 04, 2008, 02:23:22 pm »
I don't think either will be panned, if only out of respect, but maybe that is being too optimistic.

No, I don't think Heath's performance will be panned, for two reasons.

One, I think he'll be really good. Everything we've heard from everyone who had any glimpse of Heath in the role says he is amazing. They were saying that even before he died. And you don't usually hear that if it isn't true.

Second, movie critics are usually a fairly intelligent and sensitive lot, and they all loved Heath in BBM, etc. So even if this performance falls below expectations, they would be tactful about it. They might say something like, "Heath's performance isn't as good as some of his previous roles." They wouldn't say, "He sucks." But it's a moot point, because I'm sure he'll be good.

As for the movie itself, it's harder to say. If it isn't as good as everyone is hoping, the critics will say so. But they won't be mean about it, I don't think. All of the people involved in it are well respected; the critics will just say this isn't their best effort, or something of that nature.

On the other hand, I'd be pretty surprised if Heath were to win a posthumous Oscar, or even be nominated.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5477 on: June 04, 2008, 03:31:22 pm »
It is saying in this weeks Star magazine, (so it must be true !!!! ) that Mary-Kate is having a meltdown now over Heath. No I don't normally buy such trash, but I can't help myself if Heath is mentioned on the cover.One second it's on the shelf, the next it somehow gets into the cart, very strange !!!!

So I wonder if Jake my get a delayed reaction.I know sometimes when I go through traumatic events, if I keep myself busy then It may not hit me until months after the event,then I just crumble.

I don't want to sound nasty, but i really couldn't care less about this little Olsen creep.

As for Jake, at the beginning i was baffled because of the lack of reaction, but i guess i'm over it now. It never stopped me from being a fan though and i'm glad he's doing fine professionally and personally.
On the other hand, i feel terribly sorry for Heath's family, Michelle and little Matilda. :(

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #5478 on: June 04, 2008, 03:41:36 pm »
From People magazine:

Mary-Kate Olsen 'Won't Give a Word' About Heath
By Janet Murphy

Originally posted Wednesday June 04, 2008 12:45 PM EDT

After nearly five months, Mary-Kate Olsen still refuses to speak about the fact that she was the first person called after Heath Ledger was found dead in his apartment.

"I'm not going to comment on that," Olsen, who turns 22 on June 13, tells Elle in its July issue. "I won't give you a word about that in the nicest way possible. Let's move on."

The actress, who said in a statement last January that "Heath was a "friend" and "his death is a tragic loss," also keeps mum about being a celebrity.

"It's not a part of my life. It's a media perception of who I am," she tells the magazine. "It's very weird. I mean, if I see a paparazzi shot of me walking that's in a magazine or something at some event, it's as if I see it from an outsider's point of view. There's like a character, almost, and then there's me."

That's not true, she didn't tell me a thing!!

Offline optom3

« Reply #5479 on: June 04, 2008, 07:05:55 pm »
I don't want to sound nasty, but i really couldn't care less about this little Olsen creep.

As for Jake, at the beginning i was baffled because of the lack of reaction, but i guess i'm over it now. It never stopped me from being a fan though and i'm glad he's doing fine professionally and personally.
On the other hand, i feel terribly sorry for Heath's family, Michelle and little Matilda. :(

I don't care 2 figs about ms Olsen, I just wondered if perhaps  other people may suffer from delayed shock.It isnot uncommon.It was a little shred of hope to explain someones lack of statement. I am one of these types who like to on the whole think the best of people and it is hardwith one certain person. I was always a bigger fan of Heath any way.