Author Topic: Human Interest and Two Crows Joy by MadLori  (Read 312619 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: Human Interest and Two Crows Joy by MadLori
« Reply #260 on: May 24, 2008, 06:21:02 am »
I have just finished reading Human Interest last night and it was EXCELLENT. One of the best stories I have read in a long time. It had me thinking about it wherever I was, thinking that I could not wait to come home and read the rest. I am about to start Two Crows Joy, but when scrolling down, (trying not to read any spolilers) noticed something about Two Crows Joy is not finished? Is this the case, as I dont think I could wait to read the next chapter!!!

Well done to Madlori on the amazing story, and happy birthday.

No it isn,t finished yet, it,s up to about chapter 33 I think. Lori is writing th epilogue to Zero at the bone this weekend apparantly and then she is finally going to finish TCJ. Human Interest IS an excellent story isn,t it? Tell me, do you think that IF they had decided too, they could have had a life as Lori described in her story? Being an eternal optomist of course I say yes. ;D
And happy beleated birthday Lori. xxx

Offline JTwist

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #261 on: May 24, 2008, 06:36:23 am »
Zero at the Bone, is this another story?

Souxi, in answer to your question, yes I defiantly believe that this is how things would have worked out if Ennis had only taken the chance as in the H/I story. In a way, this story has made me forget the bitter ending to the film/original story, as I when I think about this, I think of this story and the sweet life they have.

I am not sure if I want to read any other stories now, save for what Madlori writes, as the path chosen within her stories is one I think would have happened.
The hammer may strike, be dead on the ground
A nail to my hand,
A cross on his crown
We're done if we're undone
Finished if we are incomplete
As one we are everything
We are everything we need

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #262 on: May 24, 2008, 07:30:13 am »
Zero at the Bone, is this another story?

Souxi, in answer to your question, yes I defiantly believe that this is how things would have worked out if Ennis had only taken the chance as in the H/I story. In a way, this story has made me forget the bitter ending to the film/original story, as I when I think about this, I think of this story and the sweet life they have.

I am not sure if I want to read any other stories now, save for what Madlori writes, as the path chosen within her stories is one I think would have happened.

Here is the link to Zero at the Bone. It is friend locked so you will have to ask her to friend you if you want to read it. It,s an AU/AU.   http://community.livejournal.com/humaninterest/62284.html
Yes I,m in full agreement with you, being an optomist, that this is the kind of life they could have had together, and your right, it it some kind of comfort somehow isn,t it? I don,t think of "dead Jack" any more. I think of them living together on their ranch. *sigh*.
There are an awful lot of stories about Jack and Ennis out there, and to be honest,  sometimes I think there is just too much. I think, there are over 200 fan fic stories about them now, maybe even more.  I can,t wait for the conclusion of Zero and TCJ. Oh and well done on finishing your exams.  :)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #263 on: May 24, 2008, 07:59:28 am »
A slight correction - all of Lori's stories are written in the "Human Interest community" on LiveJournal.  In order to read the past chapters, you do need to be a "member" of that community, but you don't need to ask Lori to become a member.  (It's a little different than "friends locking").  All you need to do is go to the most recent entries page (link below), go to the top of the page, and click where it says "become a member of this community."  Hope that helps!   :)

http://community.livejournal.com/humaninterest/

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #264 on: May 24, 2008, 09:05:26 am »
A slight correction - all of Lori's stories are written in the "Human Interest community" on LiveJournal.  In order to read the past chapters, you do need to be a "member" of that community, but you don't need to ask Lori to become a member.  (It's a little different than "friends locking").  All you need to do is go to the most recent entries page (link below), go to the top of the page, and click where it says "become a member of this community."  Hope that helps!   :)

http://community.livejournal.com/humaninterest/

Marie

Well I stand corrected then. As the first chapter of zero has a padlock on it I assumed it was friendlocked. My mistake.  :)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #265 on: May 24, 2008, 11:04:20 am »
The workings of LiveJournal are sometimes a mystery to me, and very confusing! 

Actually, souxi, I have to thank you for my understanding of the difference between a private "journal" and a "community" on LiveJournal.  I remember that day back in August when you (and a lot of others) couldn't access the story because Lori locked the archives of her stories so that only members of the community could read them! 

Remember the panic that day?  LOL!  Anyways, that's when I finally understood that you have to ask a writer to friend you if they lock their journal, but you don't need to ask to be able to join a community - you can do it on your own!   :)

Marie   
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline JTwist

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #266 on: May 24, 2008, 11:17:25 am »
Hmmmmm......I am not sure if I should start Two Crows Joy, I know I will become addicted.....
The hammer may strike, be dead on the ground
A nail to my hand,
A cross on his crown
We're done if we're undone
Finished if we are incomplete
As one we are everything
We are everything we need

mvansand76

« Reply #267 on: May 25, 2008, 11:13:48 am »
Hmmmmm......I am not sure if I should start Two Crows Joy, I know I will become addicted.....

Have you already read Human Interest, you should definitely start these stories! And then you can read Zero at the Bone!

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #268 on: May 25, 2008, 01:12:39 pm »

Definitely! Human Interest was the first BBM fanfic I read (infact the first ever fanfic) and though I thought that was awesome, TCJ is better still, in that's possible!

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline MadLori

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Remember - Jack Nasty loves you.
« Reply #269 on: May 25, 2008, 02:06:11 pm »
Hello everyone, I'm sorry I don't frequent this board as often as I should, but my workplace has blocked a lot of my BBM resources and I'm having to do everything at home, and it gets kind of overwhelming so I've cut back on the number of forums I visit.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their patience in waiting for more TCJ.  I was finding it very difficult to alternate between that and Zero, and the writing on Zero was coming very fast and quick so I chose to concentrate only on that.  Now it's TCJ's turn, and I will post nothing else while I am finishing it.  I anticipate there'll be at least three more chapters, possibly more, it's hard to say.

Thanks for all your comments and your faithful reading!
Jack:  I could kick your ass any day of the week.
Ennis:  Then the weeks where you live must have a No Fuckin' Way Day.