Author Topic: Human Interest and Two Crows Joy by MadLori  (Read 312550 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Human Interest and Two Crows Joy by MadLori
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2006, 11:23:14 am »
Thank you for the new chapter!!
Lori, do you want any "spoiler" type discussion/opinions here, like what we do in LJ and ff.net?
Or is this mostly for letting us know about new chapters and/or Questions and our Answers/Opinions??
Just curious, don't want to start anything unwanted.

Speaking as a moderator, I would think spoiler type discussions are fine, as long as you preface your comment with a spoiler notation and some space. I, for one, would like to talk about some issues and I know Lori is open to discussing her stories.

Lori likes the chat, too, and tends to be there in the evening (she is in Ohio, so eastern time zone, US).

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2006, 03:35:52 pm »
Hi there, just wanted to pitch in and say that Human Interest was the first fan fic that I really got into and was hooked from the start. It's so professionally written and it feels real to me - how life would have been for the boys had they decided (or shoud I say, had Jack convinced Ennis) to make a go of a life together.

In fact for quite a while I convinced myself that this was really how the story panned out, and not the story/film version. Does that make sense?

SPOILER

Anyway - last couple of chapters - WOW! Go Ennis! I'm really hope that no backlash is visited upon him whilst Jack is away. As for Pa Twist, I kind of suspected the reason why he was calling, but I thought that it was he that was ill and he wanted to make his peace. Poor Jack - he is having a hell of a time isn't he?

Oh and post party scene - v hot. You write very good love scenes Lori. Sexy and hot, but tender too. “I’m fine enough? Darlin’, you could turn the Pope queer.” - Oh yes indeedy!!!!!

Offline MadLori

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Remember - Jack Nasty loves you.
Jack:  I could kick your ass any day of the week.
Ennis:  Then the weeks where you live must have a No Fuckin' Way Day.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2006, 04:02:47 am »
SPOILER SPOILER

“C’mere,” Ennis said, pulling him close. “Need a good-bye kiss.” He dipped his head and kissed Jack, softly. Jack shut his eyes, inhaling Ennis’s scent, storing up sense memories to recall lying alone in the dark with eyes closed. The sound of Ennis’s sleep-breathing, the trod of his footsteps, the roughness of his palms. The collection of perceptions that together made up that image of Ennis he held in his mind and carried with him wherever he went. You think I’m goin alone, darlin, Jack thought. What you don’t know is I’m takin you with me."

Madlori
Oh, that was just beautiful. So sweet. Loving with all your senses. Can these two be any more in love?
I hope we'll have a reunion scene very soon, but something tells me that Jack's trip home is going to be very rough, for both of them.
Thank you for this chapter.

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

mvansand76

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2006, 12:11:35 pm »
Chapter 15? OMG- I need to keep up!

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2006, 02:30:57 pm »
Chapter 15? OMG- I need to keep up!

LOL me too... when was ch. 15 posted?? I'm a wreck, too many fan fics, too little time!  ;D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2006, 11:20:32 am »
Lori - another wonderful installment in your story. You write so well, your characters are so well rounded.

Chewing my nails now wondering what awaits Jack on his trip to Lightening Flat, especially as their parting felt like a goodbye. I'm still wondering if we've seen the last of Forrester.

Really looking forward to the next update.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2006, 11:59:10 am »
OMG dont mention Forester!! :o :o :o Thing is, last time he wanted to get Ennis and he wasnt there.Now, Jack is gone and Ennis IS there, on his own!! :o :o :o OH Christ I shal worry myself silly now.  :'( :'(

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2006, 06:19:59 pm »
OMG dont mention Forester!! :o :o :o Thing is, last time he wanted to get Ennis and he wasnt there.Now, Jack is gone and Ennis IS there, on his own!! :o :o :o OH Christ I shal worry myself silly now.  :'( :'(

Oh my - I'm sorry Souxi. Didn't meant to stress you out there. I've got some fruit and nut left from last night, have a chunk and it might help take your mind off nasty things hapening to the boys.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2006, 04:49:49 am »
Oh my - I'm sorry Souxi. Didn't meant to stress you out there. I've got some fruit and nut left from last night, have a chunk and it might help take your mind off nasty things hapening to the boys.

Yum yum thank you Karen, I love fruit and nut. I,m chewing my fingernails until the next update. I shall be thinking of Ennis, alone at night, and I shall be wondering whats lurking outside now!! :o :o :o :o :o. God almighty theres always something to give then two grief isnt there?  :'( :'(