Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941307 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2012, 02:30:30 pm »
I've heard that when you dream about rooms, or houses, they represent your own mind. Have you been feeling like much of your mind is occupied with boring things? But that you've been devoting part of your mind to something interesting that might somehow be symbolized by what you saw in the a large room?

As for the part with your daughter, given what's been happening with her lately it makes sense that in your dream she would cut her hair raggedly (change her identity, at least externally) and carry a weight (have a baby). But you and she are on the trek together -- you're supporting her emotionally on her journey.

That sounds very right to me too.  Good job K.

Beautiful mind

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #131 on: February 20, 2012, 01:59:03 pm »
I had a dream last night about Judi Dench. I'm sure the fact that we were working in a department store at Christmas time is open to interpretation. Judi was playing a guitar and singing "O Holy Night" in front of an audience, and as she continued, one by one the audience got up and left, until only I remained, and then we started to talk, but I don't remember about what.

But there is no mystery as to why Judi Dench was in my mind. Yesterday I read the sad news that she is almost blind from macular degeneration--can't even read scripts anymore.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #132 on: February 20, 2012, 02:28:03 pm »
I had a dream last night about Judi Dench. I'm sure the fact that we were working in a department store at Christmas time is open to interpretation. Judi was playing a guitar and singing "O Holy Night" in front of an audience, and as she continued, one by one the audience got up and left, until only I remained, and then we started to talk, but I don't remember about what.

But there is no mystery as to why Judi Dench was in my mind. Yesterday I read the sad news that she is almost blind from macular degeneration--can't even read scripts anymore.  :(

wow, I didn't know that..
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #133 on: February 20, 2012, 04:27:25 pm »
wow, I didn't know that..

Terrible, isn't it?  :(  I really came to know and love her mostly from watching "As Time Goes By" on Public TV here, and I was really sorry to read that.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #134 on: March 13, 2012, 09:09:36 am »
Here's a different kind of dream interpretation. Several times lately, I've been awoken in the middle of the night -- like, 4 a.m. in the case of last night -- to a loud knocking sound, like someone's rappng on a door. It's startling and scary, because I assume someone is trying to get into my house or is already inside.

Yet then when I wait, or even get up and look around, nobody's there and the house is silent. I can only assume I dreamed the knocking. Yet it doesn't feel like part of a dream, it feels like something I actually heard that interrupted the dream.

I suppose one possible explanation is that one of my kids, whose bedrooms are on the floor above mine, got up to use the bathroom, and the knocking sound is actually them closing their door as they go back to bed.

I don't know if it would work to ask them, though, because they tend not to remember things like that the next day.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #135 on: March 13, 2012, 03:04:41 pm »
Here's a different kind of dream interpretation. Several times lately, I've been awoken in the middle of the night -- like, 4 a.m. in the case of last night -- to a loud knocking sound, like someone's rappng on a door. It's startling and scary, because I assume someone is trying to get into my house or is already inside.

Yet then when I wait, or even get up and look around, nobody's there and the house is silent. I can only assume I dreamed the knocking. Yet it doesn't feel like part of a dream, it feels like something I actually heard that interrupted the dream.

I suppose one possible explanation is that one of my kids, whose bedrooms are on the floor above mine, got up to use the bathroom, and the knocking sound is actually them closing their door as they go back to bed.

I don't know if it would work to ask them, though, because they tend not to remember things like that the next day.

OK, that's spooky. Seriously spooky.  :(

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #136 on: March 13, 2012, 07:38:18 pm »

Maybe you guys could have a kind of sleep over.  Let them use sleeping bags or cots, and sleep in your room for a bit.  See is it still happens..?

Beautiful mind

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #137 on: July 26, 2012, 10:49:49 am »
THe link that started this thread doesn't seem to be working anymore. I had two scary dreams last night. In one, I was driving a bus on a windey road in the mountains. In one place on the approach to a bridge, the road had washed out and fallen into the river below. This didn't seem to bother me because I had navigated over that road several times before. I knew I had to just get up enough speed to go through the air over about 20 ft and onto the road and bridge. Also, for some reason I was standing on the roof of the bus and driving via a very long steering wheel whose column went through a hole in the roof down to the driver's seat. I thought I had enough speed to make it over the gap, but as I leaped, I saw that I was going to come up short by just a foot or so. Then the bus, instead of crashing into the cliff, began to fall down towards the green water, and I thought I might survive and so I was calm. I prepared myself to leap upward as soon as the bus touched the water, so I wouldn't be sucked down too much by the incoming waves. I actually felt a sense of calm, peace, and power as I thought I had received divine intervention in what should have been a tragedy. The bus seemed to be falling interminably, and that's when I woke up.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #138 on: July 26, 2012, 11:10:23 am »
THe link that started this thread doesn't seem to be working anymore.

It worked for me just now.  ???

I had two scary dreams last night. In one, I was driving a bus on a windey road in the mountains. In one place on the approach to a bridge, the road had washed out and fallen into the river below. This didn't seem to bother me because I had navigated over that road several times before. I knew I had to just get up enough speed to go through the air over about 20 ft and onto the road and bridge. Also, for some reason I was standing on the roof of the bus and driving via a very long steering wheel whose column went through a hole in the roof down to the driver's seat. I thought I had enough speed to make it over the gap, but as I leaped, I saw that I was going to come up short by just a foot or so. Then the bus, instead of crashing into the cliff, began to fall down towards the green water, and I thought I might survive and so I was calm. I prepared myself to leap upward as soon as the bus touched the water, so I wouldn't be sucked down too much by the incoming waves. I actually felt a sense of calm, peace, and power as I thought I had received divine intervention in what should have been a tragedy. The bus seemed to be falling interminably, and that's when I woke up.

What was the second scary dream?

Also, for some reason I was standing on the roof of the bus and driving via a very long steering wheel whose column went through a hole in the roof down to the driver's seat.

This gave me a very vivid visual image of you, standing on the roof of the bus, the wind in your hair, holding onto the steering wheel like a water skier holding onto the tow rope.  :)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #139 on: July 26, 2012, 01:15:34 pm »
Thanks, friend! Before I discuss the second scary dream, I'll try to do a little interpolatinization  8) of the first one. It's remarkable that, with all the scary elements of the dream, I didn't seem to be frightened at all. I was calm and I felt in control. Perhaps that's why the long steering wheel was such an important element. Yes, Jeff, your vision of me was exactly what I saw!!

So, what my dream seems to be telling me is that although I'm embarking on a scary journey in my life and there will be some bad things happening, I will manage to survive unharmed if I keep my wits about me. Does anyone see something different or something I've overlooked in this dream?
"chewing gum and duct tape"