Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941547 times)

Offline andreaxme

• Don't Say Much
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #600 on: July 17, 2018, 03:45:10 am »
i know dictionary of dreams site had an article about this dream lol!!!!!!!!!!!  I cant find the article anymore but whateverz lol i just gave u the site, who ever finds it let me know

Do u all believe in dream interpretations?????????

My sister in Wyoming has like a dream book, but idk like i like it but im an a debate with myself
(by the way, if u call can tell me how to add a super cool like emoji avatar here that would be awesome

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #601 on: July 17, 2018, 11:24:12 am »

In a word, YES.

And, btw, welcome to BetterMost, andreaxme! You'll have a cup of coffee, won't you? Piece a cherry cake?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kananaskis

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #602 on: July 17, 2018, 01:21:59 pm »

I, for one, believe that  e v e r y t h i n g  (preferring not to speak for others) I dream is inextricably linked to my subconscious, be it my regrets, desires, fears, or even some seemingly trivial stuff that somehow gets embedded in my mind on a daily basis.

I have read somewhere that, if I remember rightly, every night you gain access to your own personal psychotherapist who understands you better than anyone else in the world. So it seems worthwhile to learn how to make the most of it.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #603 on: July 17, 2018, 01:39:44 pm »
I, for one, believe that  e v e r y t h i n g  (preferring not to speak for others) I dream is inextricably linked to my subconscious, be it my regrets, desires, fears, or even some seemingly trivial stuff that somehow gets embedded in my mind on a daily basis.

I tend to agree with this. Many times I have been reasonably able to connect something that has happened to me, or that I have seen or read, in my waking life, to something that has appeared in a dream. It isn't necessarily something that happened during the day before I sleep and have the dream. It may be something that has happened at some recent time, just not immediately before I have the dream.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #604 on: July 17, 2018, 07:08:03 pm »
I had a dream the other night that I was at the Jersey shore, playing the boardwalk games of chance and such.

Of course, my parents were there with my brother, sis-in-law, niece and great nephew, so I saw pics put up on Facebook, so that's why that dream came up.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #605 on: July 18, 2018, 09:19:30 am »
Oooh! I had a good one last night!

I dreamed I actually heckled a politician who was running for office as a Trump supporter!  :laugh:

I accused him of harming poor people by taking away their health insurance.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #606 on: July 18, 2018, 10:46:15 am »
Yes, the treasonous orangutan appears in our dreams and turns them into nightmares.  :'(

Here's how I'm interpreting my latest dream and I invite your thoughts too.

My buddy EDelMar called me to join in a party he was going to. So we and at least a dozen other people piled into cars and drove to a building on the edge of a golf course in SE Denver. I'd always thought it was a church, or maybe the course's clubhouse. It was starting to snow so I was glad I had on my rubber boots.
My friend is not exactly a party animal, but he does believe in getting people together to have a meaningful shared experience, as in the time he dreamed up the Brokeback BBQ in 2009.

I was distracted by a woman's anthology stacked with other books on the floor. I picked up it and started reading a story by Doris Lessing and got so wrapped up that I didn't notice everybody was being seated. I went into the restaurant and saw that EDelMar was with a crowd at the largest table and there wasn't a place for me. But wait. . .was that him? He looked different.
This reminds me of my college years when I got distracted by feminism and lost track of my friends.

I finally sat at a table with mixed people, a woman my age, a family, an African American couple. . . . there was a short show with two singing cowboys (really!)
This mirrors my empty nesting years where I have a diverse group of friends. Anyone care to conjecture what the singing cowboys stand for?

Then I found myself looking down at the crowd. People went through, jugglers, mimes. Then a scowling Trump came by and put something on the ground ... a Faberge egg ... with a small cow and chicken in it, peacefully nuzzling each other. We ... realized this whole party was arranged by Trump to appease the people.
My feelings as horrifying spectacles happen daily.

We started filing out and ... I noticed that two men were following me. I [was] talking about what is the definition of "assault" in a congenial way, and I was trying to make the argument that he had assaulted me even though he hadn't touched me.
My "me too" moment.

But then I left the crowd, climbed the stairs again, followed the path ... toward the other stairs ... but the floor turned into a canvas tent and the path petered out. I looked into the shadows and thought that I was not going to get my boots back. Realizing that I was dreaming, I started to make up hopeful scenarios for how this dream might end. . .
My trepidations about the future, losing my sturdy boots and the way forward disappearing.  :'(

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #607 on: July 18, 2018, 06:45:30 pm »
that's a pretty concise interpretation there, Lee!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #608 on: October 21, 2018, 11:47:07 pm »
I had kind of a goofy dream last night and feel compelled to tell somebody about it. You are IT, and I'll try to keep it short.

I was invited to a party given by some Japanese person. Japanese parties are different, I learned, including the fact that you get an outfit that you're supposed to wear. It was kind of a cute outfit, a little juvenile looking, but all in fun. So, I went to find a place to change into the outfit. But, wherever I went, there were people. A group of Japanese young ladies, giggling over stuffed animals. A group of Japanese men in gray suits, lounging on some sofas. I was getting increasingly stressed as the event wore on and I couldn't find a single private place to change my clothes. Finally, I decided NOT to wear the special clothes, and then I woke up. Your thoughts?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #609 on: October 22, 2018, 06:43:40 am »
You refuse to change for others, you are going to be your own person.

I had a dream as well last night.

I received a phone call from a man I had never met.  He found my FB page online and wanted to meet.  He gave me his name and I found him online.  He was a veterinarian, and we met up.  He looked very "80s" ,  John Stamos hair, jeans, big, white high tops.  We drove around, talking, and having a good time.  We stopped at my job for some reason, where he saw my work station, and he gave me a kiss in front of everyone.