Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 298250 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #680 on: October 09, 2019, 03:27:22 pm »
Very true, Lee!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #681 on: October 10, 2019, 03:08:39 pm »
Coincidentally, I dreamed I was laid off last night. This was from an engineering firm I worked for several times, first as an employee (I quit) and then as a consultant twice. The guy who was my supervisor in the dream was Hugh Laurie in his House role. He sat down and started giving me the laying-off spiel and I interrupted to remind him that I was just a contractor so he didn't need to go through all that.

He was visibly relieved. I was gracious and understanding, since I realized that they might need me to come back sometime. Although, as always happens when I get laid off or divorced or something like that, a pounding ache had formed in my lower back. We stood up and I moved to shake his hand goodbye. He gestured that he wanted a hug and we crashed together very awkwardly. Laughing and pulling away I said "hug much?" to myself as much as to him.

Then he asked if he could get me a box for my things. I replied that I would take care of it. There was a wild goose chase with me looking for a box and encountering most of the people who worked there in the process. I kept telling myself to maintain my dignity and stiff upper lip.

My office was on the 5th floor and I had trouble finding an elevator or stairs. There was a rickety outdoor elevator so I decided to use the stairs. I encountered a crazy midfloor only inhabited by families and children with no stairs going up to the 5th floor. I finally found the stairs. As it got dark outside I still didn't have my stuff all packed up and people were gathering in my office for a party to see me off.
Too much to do. . .I don't have time to get old!