Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 505219 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #760 on: May 13, 2020, 01:41:19 pm »
Upon rereading this, it actually might have happened if the thing that was unplugged was your phone extension. If so, then the landline in the other room might have rung. R. has a landline which he never answers, and he tells me it rings all the time.

But if it was all a dream, then it's interesting that the phone had an old-fashioned ring and sounded like the call was from a distance. I wonder who would have been on the line if you had picked it up? Your mother or your late partner? You, from the past? Ennis, although he didn't have a phone?
When you see the smiley face in the sky, the pandemic will be over!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #761 on: May 13, 2020, 06:28:08 pm »
Upon rereading this, it actually might have happened if the thing that was unplugged was your phone extension. If so, then the landline in the other room might have rung. R. has a landline which he never answers, and he tells me it rings all the time.

But if it was all a dream, then it's interesting that the phone had an old-fashioned ring and sounded like the call was from a distance. I wonder who would have been on the line if you had picked it up? Your mother or your late partner? You, from the past? Ennis, although he didn't have a phone?

Well, it wasn't the land line that was unplugged because I saw it was the adapter I use to plug in to charge my cell phone. And in non-Dream Life, the ringer on the bedside land line.

I have my cell's ringer set to an old-fashioned phone ring tone, so it sounds like "a real telephone."  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #762 on: May 13, 2020, 10:04:57 pm »

I have my cell's ringer set to an old-fashioned phone ring tone, so it sounds like "a real telephone."  ;D

For a while I had my ring tone set to "Take on Me" by A-ha. But I forgot to silence in a few meetings, and under those circumstances a regular ring tone is definitely superior.  ::)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #763 on: May 14, 2020, 01:41:45 pm »
For a while I had my ring tone set to "Take on Me" by A-ha. But I forgot to silence in a few meetings, and under those circumstances a regular ring tone is definitely superior.  ::)

I suppose you heard, a few days ago, someone was making a virtual argument to SCOTUS when someone flushed a toilet in the background.  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #764 on: May 15, 2020, 09:50:30 am »
I suppose you heard, a few days ago, someone was making a virtual argument to SCOTUS when someone flushed a toilet in the background.  :laugh:

I did, and what's worse, I saw someone on Slate try to work out which justice it would have been. I got a ways into it and then realized I don't even want to know.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #765 on: May 15, 2020, 01:29:15 pm »
I did, and what's worse, I saw someone on Slate try to work out which justice it would have been. I got a ways into it and then realized I don't even want to know.

Oh, I didn't know it was a justice. I thought it was someone who was arguing the case, or someone in the background. It's even funnier that it was one of the justices. (I hope it was Kavanaugh.)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #766 on: May 16, 2020, 01:01:57 pm »
Oh, I didn't know it was a justice. I thought it was someone who was arguing the case, or someone in the background. It's even funnier that it was one of the justices. (I hope it was Kavanaugh.)

Yeah, he's already a piece of shit.

Sorry for the crudeness, but I couldn't resist.

I gathered from the article that it was a remote discussion among the justices on Zoom or something similar, except that a number of the justices keep their video off. Some even keep their audio off. But not this person, unfortunately.