Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941366 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #760 on: May 13, 2020, 01:41:19 pm »
Upon rereading this, it actually might have happened if the thing that was unplugged was your phone extension. If so, then the landline in the other room might have rung. R. has a landline which he never answers, and he tells me it rings all the time.

But if it was all a dream, then it's interesting that the phone had an old-fashioned ring and sounded like the call was from a distance. I wonder who would have been on the line if you had picked it up? Your mother or your late partner? You, from the past? Ennis, although he didn't have a phone?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #761 on: May 13, 2020, 06:28:08 pm »
Upon rereading this, it actually might have happened if the thing that was unplugged was your phone extension. If so, then the landline in the other room might have rung. R. has a landline which he never answers, and he tells me it rings all the time.

But if it was all a dream, then it's interesting that the phone had an old-fashioned ring and sounded like the call was from a distance. I wonder who would have been on the line if you had picked it up? Your mother or your late partner? You, from the past? Ennis, although he didn't have a phone?

Well, it wasn't the land line that was unplugged because I saw it was the adapter I use to plug in to charge my cell phone. And in non-Dream Life, the ringer on the bedside land line.

I have my cell's ringer set to an old-fashioned phone ring tone, so it sounds like "a real telephone."  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #762 on: May 13, 2020, 10:04:57 pm »

I have my cell's ringer set to an old-fashioned phone ring tone, so it sounds like "a real telephone."  ;D

For a while I had my ring tone set to "Take on Me" by A-ha. But I forgot to silence in a few meetings, and under those circumstances a regular ring tone is definitely superior.  ::)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #763 on: May 14, 2020, 01:41:45 pm »
For a while I had my ring tone set to "Take on Me" by A-ha. But I forgot to silence in a few meetings, and under those circumstances a regular ring tone is definitely superior.  ::)

I suppose you heard, a few days ago, someone was making a virtual argument to SCOTUS when someone flushed a toilet in the background.  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #764 on: May 15, 2020, 09:50:30 am »
I suppose you heard, a few days ago, someone was making a virtual argument to SCOTUS when someone flushed a toilet in the background.  :laugh:

I did, and what's worse, I saw someone on Slate try to work out which justice it would have been. I got a ways into it and then realized I don't even want to know.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #765 on: May 15, 2020, 01:29:15 pm »
I did, and what's worse, I saw someone on Slate try to work out which justice it would have been. I got a ways into it and then realized I don't even want to know.

Oh, I didn't know it was a justice. I thought it was someone who was arguing the case, or someone in the background. It's even funnier that it was one of the justices. (I hope it was Kavanaugh.)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #766 on: May 16, 2020, 01:01:57 pm »
Oh, I didn't know it was a justice. I thought it was someone who was arguing the case, or someone in the background. It's even funnier that it was one of the justices. (I hope it was Kavanaugh.)

Yeah, he's already a piece of shit.

Sorry for the crudeness, but I couldn't resist.

I gathered from the article that it was a remote discussion among the justices on Zoom or something similar, except that a number of the justices keep their video off. Some even keep their audio off. But not this person, unfortunately.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #767 on: June 06, 2020, 04:05:59 pm »
Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but last night I had a dream that I was walking past my barber shop. The grating was still down over the windows, but you can see into the shop, and I saw my barber, who has the chair just inside the window, cutting someone's hair. Too bad it wasn't mine!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #768 on: June 07, 2020, 10:56:18 am »
I told my son the photographer he should offer a service taking nice portraits of people with their COVID shutdown hair. Of course, not everybody would want it, but some might like to have it as a memento. Women are growing out their gray, men are growing beards, etc. My other son currently looks like a Civil War soldier but he says he's going to trim it to a close-cropped beard soon.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #769 on: June 10, 2020, 08:19:11 pm »

I had a dream the other day that seems to be a cross between the Covid situation and the protests/riots.

I dreamed I was back at the office where I work.  A lot of my coworkers were in the office as well.  We were all running around, saying hello to each other.  Suddenly someone yelled out that the police were pulling in the parking lot.  Apparently we were still under pandemic rules, and should not have been there.  We all dropped to the floor and started crawling around so as not to be seen.

???

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!