Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 828651 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #1690 on: July 22, 2009, 04:45:08 am »
Congrats again on 4000. I just came by to see how the interview went. Good to hear it went well :).

A thought about the ties: I think it's good that you wore one, even if most of the interviewers did not. They already have a job there. You were the one who applied, so you were the one who should give his hardest to make the best possible impression.

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1691 on: July 22, 2009, 06:29:46 pm »
Good point Chrissi!!!

Offline optom3

« Reply #1692 on: July 23, 2009, 11:49:24 am »
I agree with Chrissi, you will stand out and be remembered for being just a little bit different.In the current economic climate, I think different but not completely OTT is good.
So here's hoping you and your tie are center front in the interviewers minds. :) I hope they reply speedily too and don't keep you hanging around.

I am very fond of ties I wore one to school for 14 years, so I had to be !!
My children all had to wear ties, hats, caps, and blazers when they were at school in England, so I taught them how to do ties, seemed like the circle was complete then. the student became the teacher. :)
My favourite photo of them, is all 3  stood in a group, 1st day for Emma and back again for the boys. I was so proud of them I thought my heart would burst. :)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #1693 on: July 23, 2009, 05:39:17 pm »
My favourite photo of them, is all 3  stood in a group, 1st day for Emma and back again for the boys. I was so proud of them I thought my heart would burst. :)

:D :-*
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1694 on: July 24, 2009, 11:29:56 pm »
It has been a rather strange, interesting, and not necessarily happy week. The fact that my birthday happens tomorrow is not exactly making me happy either. Oh well, I will just forget the birthday deal and pretend it didn't happen. I had a lousy job interview Tuesday which at least made me realize that I was better off where I'm at than I thought. Then I found out Wednesday night that my great friends Mike and Chris were not going to be able to go to Alberta as we had been planning for a long time. I feel very sorry for them because they have a very sick relative. Finally I decided against going myself because it would not have been the same without them since we had already planned so many things. I hate missing out on seeing Alberta and the rest of the people going, but I think this was meant to be. I never felt this trip would happen anyway. It's one of those things you just feel in the back of your mind. But as I always say things do happen for a reason.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #1695 on: July 25, 2009, 11:08:35 am »
Gee, Jack, I came in here to wish you a happy birthday, and I see you're not gonna join us.  Talk about a goddam bitch...

We'll miss you big time, buddy!

I know times is hard, but I do wish you a happy birthday.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1696 on: July 25, 2009, 12:05:47 pm »
I'm sure sorry you're having a GDBOAUW.  (W=week).   We've all had 'em, so I know what you're feeling friend.  We'll just have to make up the Alberta trip with you next time, and we'll do a big "4 f'n year celebration".   :D  Remember, not all of us could be there either  :( , so some of us are in the same boat this weekend too.

And next week will be better, I promise.  :-*

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1697 on: July 25, 2009, 07:27:05 pm »
Gee, Jack, I came in here to wish you a happy birthday, and I see you're not gonna join us.  Talk about a goddam bitch...

We'll miss you big time, buddy!

I know times is hard, but I do wish you a happy birthday.

Thanks for the happy birthday Paul. I appreciate it. Yes, unfortunately things did not work out for me as far as coming. I sure am missing being there too. I hope to see you sometime in the not too distant future. One of these days I am going to make it up to Boston and if so I will definitely let you know so we can get together for diinner or something. Everybody tells me I would love Boston.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1698 on: July 25, 2009, 07:34:49 pm »
I'm sure sorry you're having a GDBOAUW.  (W=week).   We've all had 'em, so I know what you're feeling friend.  We'll just have to make up the Alberta trip with you next time, and we'll do a big "4 f'n year celebration".   :D  Remember, not all of us could be there either  :( , so some of us are in the same boat this weekend too.

And next week will be better, I promise.  :-*

Thanks Eric!!! You made me feel better  :) You are right there are others of us who could not make it to Alberta this time so you are exactly right the boat I am in this weekend is not empty. I like your idea of a big "4 f'n year celebration." When I mentioned to Mike and Chris that Alberta was not going anywhere and that there were others who could not go this time too and that maybe another trip could be planned in the future I actually first thought of you. I know you were really wanting to go too. From what I hear, Teresa was also not able to make it and I know she was looking forward to it. And of course there were many others. I guess we can just celebrate in our boat this time  ;)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1699 on: July 25, 2009, 07:51:33 pm »
And of course there were many others. I guess we can just celebrate in our boat this time  ;)

Yes, such as Rodney, Peter, Offline Chuck, Adam, and me. Maybe we could recreate the Alliance in 2010 or 2011.
"chewing gum and duct tape"