Author Topic: Serious Discussions about Life  (Read 24621 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Serious Discussions about Life
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2007, 05:49:40 pm »
Thanks moremojo!

Boy, I sure have lots to re-read now!

Your details... on life are revealing to many as well as I!!

Hugs!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2007, 11:36:56 am »
Scott, your discussion reminded me of the recent show Cosmic Collisions I saw at the Museum of Natural History in New York! The big climax at the end was the collision of two galaxies, leading to the creation of many new smaller galaxies. The worlds of science, physics, art, religion, and philosophy are actually colliding and combining now, in ways fascinating to watch!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2007, 06:05:18 am »
Thank you, Lynne.  You're absolutely right - I thought about that line 'few and far inbetween' as well after I wrote it.  I was thinking about social/poliitcal events, but you're correct, in everyday life, the majority of the people just want to be happy and live peaceful lives and don't even think about being ugly or mean (except in petty mundane ways) to their neighbors.

As for the LOUD ugly and evil minority groups - it is a media bias, I think.  They're out to make money and need people drawn in to buy newspapers, magazines or to make ratings for their advertisers, so the more they can sensationalize something, the better.  But, at the same time, it doesn't hurt to know such groups exist and where they're coming from.  Forearmed is forewarned.

Excellent point, Friend.  I'm full of aphorisms tonight  ::) - how's it go?  'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.'
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Artiste

« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2007, 07:27:29 pm »
Just back from a 2 days exhibition in Montreal, about my paintings I created and by others. Had many, many full house spectators! With many, we talked about very serious discussions about life, and one's own!!!

All were elders, especially ladies! How intelligent and clear they are!! Every one surprised me about their life and/or mine!!

Some were men too!!

Hugs!

injest

« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2007, 10:28:05 pm »
back to my original question about mean people....there is a new book called "Evil Genes" by Barbara Oakley.

She puts forth the possibility that the being mean may be a genetic problem.

She suggests the term "Malignant Narcissist" to describe a person 'that is malevolent but high functioning....people whose success turns out to be illusory and their lives marked by a trail of emotional scars on people that have to deal with them. In the workplace the successful sinister generate turmoil and leave a trail of damaged careers in their wakes'

maybe this explains some of my questions. About why people like to cause other people pain. I know people like that.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2007, 07:45:00 pm »
Thanks again injest and thanks too to all!!

Injest, may I repeat your first thought: Ok...first off

Mean vs Nice

now I know that you hear about Holocaust survivors that are kind and have come thru with their faith and belief intact....

and I know what we were all taught about how good always triumphs...but does it really?

There was a Nazi that said "Here I stand with my guns and swords...there YOU stand with your laws. We shall see who wins" (paraphrased...don't have the quote in front of me.) but you get the drift. and I know the Nazis lost in the long run. that is small comfort to the small child being gassed.

It seems good and nice is so fragile. and mean and cruel so overwhelming...

I think Mean wins.

injest, you do bring up an interesting subject! One that not many want to talk about! Even if it is an important one, I guess that too many (even us all) are afraid to discuss this. It is about danger?

When I bring up that more than one million gays were murdered in the WWII in the gas chambers only because they were gay men, nobody even here... replies to that! So, I am very surprised since there are gay men here on this site! Also, it is a surprise because non-gay persons here on Bettermost are usually more thoughtful!

Why do we even TO-DAY do a blind eye to such murderers letting these kill us?

Why do not many talk about islamics now bringing in their slave women into the USA, Canada, France, England... why? Only such talk seem to be in Quebec right now... in order to educate us about such evil, plus to try to find ways to get those slaves to free themselves from  such muslim thugs!

Why are we so blind? Because we are afraid to be still free persons?

Awaiting replies from you and from all,

hugs!!

injest

« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2007, 08:31:53 pm »
no, Artiste

I don't think it is fear (although that may be part of the reason) I think is laziness. It is easy to just not acknowledge some things. To just let it be. Sometimes you have to stand up to the bad things...even if it hurts people's feelings...

but that is hard. It requires more than wearing a piece of ribbon on your lapel. It means you can't be friends with certain people. It means you have to take your time, your energy and your money and think of OTHER people instead of yourself.

and there are too many people that just want to take care of themselves and never think of others.

denial.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2007, 08:33:16 pm »
injest, you do bring up an interesting subject! One that not many want to talk about! Even if it is an important one, I guess that too many (even us all) are afraid to discuss this. It is about danger?

When I bring up that more than one million gays were murdered in the WWII in the gas chambers only because they were gay men, nobody even here... replies to that! So, I am very surprised since there are gay men here on this site! Also, it is a surprise because non-gay persons here on Bettermost are usually more thoughtful!

Why do we even TO-DAY do a blind eye to such murderers letting these kill us?

Why do not many talk about islamics now bringing in their slave women into the USA, Canada, France, England... why? Only such talk seem to be in Quebec right now... in order to educate us about such evil, plus to try to find ways to get those slaves to free themselves from  such muslim thugs!

Why are we so blind? Because we are afraid to be still free persons?

Awaiting replies from you and from all,

hugs!!

We're not blind Artiste. There are plenty of groups around that protest and work against exactly the kind of atrocities you speak of.  There are women's groups, gay groups, humanitarian groups - just do a Google search and you will find plenty of organizations that exist to fight exactly the injustices and crimes you speak of.  I certainly belong to several such groups.

I'm not sure what you would have people do that would demonstrate to you that people do care about such things.

Laws are passed and enforced, people are punished, protests are lodged with political entities, money collected..

The existence and work of such groups should be convincing if nothing else.

As for who the Nazis killed, yes they killed 6 million Jews, the remaining 4 million were gays, the mentally challenged and other undesirable ethnic groups such as Romanian gypsies.

I'm not sure what you wanted noted about that fact.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2007, 10:48:15 am »
Thanks delalluvia, and thanks injest!!

Delalluvia, all the persons murdered by those WWII gas chambers, you do not know that many countries sent gay men to be such killed as such in Germany? That to me is a blind eye! Even to-day!

Injest, I agree with you that there are organisations, but not enough; so we, in general, do have a blind eye!
For instance, we purchase in big stores products made to-day by slaves, yes? We do not care less if children are murdered neither nor starved, not that much, because such a child works in those cheap-labour camps! The general population keeps doing a blind eye to slaves markets!

How to correct tthat?

Hugs!

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2007, 08:07:28 pm »
Thanks delalluvia, and thanks injest!!

Delalluvia, all the persons murdered by those WWII gas chambers, you do not know that many countries sent gay men to be such killed as such in Germany? That to me is a blind eye! Even to-day!

That's probably because there was a war on and many records were lost or simply not kept.  Plus, indigent people such as gypsies probably had no records of their populations at all so it's hard to take a head count - before and after.

Do YOU know how many gypsies were murdered?  Does that make YOU blind?

Injest, I agree with you that there are organisations, but not enough; so we, in general, do have a blind eye!

How many do there need to be?

For instance, we purchase in big stores products made to-day by slaves, yes? We do not care less if children are murdered neither nor starved, not that much, because such a child works in those cheap-labour camps! The general population keeps doing a blind eye to slaves markets!

How to correct that?

That's an economic issue, isn't it?  Something their governments need to rectify?  If the people of those countries allow their children to be worked like slaves, and don't care enough to mount some sort of protest or strike, it's usually because they're so poverty stricken they need all the income they can get and if that means they and their children working like dogs, then they're going to do it.

I think the correction needs to come from within, not without.