Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8746709 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16060 on: April 08, 2019, 09:49:31 pm »
That sounds great! What do you put in yours? What kind of bread substance? Do you have to keep them warm?

I go quick and easy.  I use the Pillsbury pizza dough in the can.  Pop it open, spread it on a pan in a rectangle shape, fill it with pepperoni and mozzarella, roll it up and bake it.

In the past, I've used sausage and cheese, and buffalo chicken.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16061 on: April 09, 2019, 11:00:49 am »

I go quick and easy.  I use the Pillsbury pizza dough in the can.  Pop it open, spread it on a pan in a rectangle shape, fill it with pepperoni and mozzarella, roll it up and bake it.

In the past, I've used sausage and cheese, and buffalo chicken.

Any kind of sauce inside or out? If you make them at home to take to a pot luck, do you have to keep them warm or put them in the oven when you get there, or can you serve them cold?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16062 on: April 10, 2019, 10:56:36 pm »
It depends on what kind of stromboli I made.  If it was stuffed with buffalo chicken, I would serve it with bleu cheese or ranch to dip.

pizza toppings (pepperoni, meatballs) get served with a marinara sauce.

I make them a few hours before the event, let them cool a bit, and then slice.  I usually will warm the marinara sauce up to serve that hot with the sliced up stromboli.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16063 on: April 11, 2019, 08:42:39 am »
Thanks for the info, Chuck! They sound delicious and reasonably easy and something I could try sometime, even though I'm not of Italian descent.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16064 on: April 11, 2019, 09:48:37 pm »
They are pretty easy to make, but I do have a tip for you.

You can't follow the cooking directions on the package.

Those directions are for a pizza crust, which is flat.  The directions may be something like "cook at 375 for 20 minutes", and if you do that, the dough outside will be cooked, but because it's rolled up, the dough inside will be raw.

After I roll the stromboli up,  I set the oven for 300, and cook it for about 30 - 40 minutes.  You have to eyeball it, and once it starts to turn a nice brown, it's done.

Also, you shouldn't use too much stuffing,  otherwise the stromboli will split apart when it cooks.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16065 on: April 12, 2019, 08:50:07 am »
They are pretty easy to make, but I do have a tip for you.

You can't follow the cooking directions on the package.

Those directions are for a pizza crust, which is flat.  The directions may be something like "cook at 375 for 20 minutes", and if you do that, the dough outside will be cooked, but because it's rolled up, the dough inside will be raw.

After I roll the stromboli up,  I set the oven for 300, and cook it for about 30 - 40 minutes.  You have to eyeball it, and once it starts to turn a nice brown, it's done.

Also, you shouldn't use too much stuffing,  otherwise the stromboli will split apart when it cooks.

Good to know. Thanks, Chuck!  :D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16066 on: April 13, 2019, 03:58:06 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Yesterday was Friday, and pay day, so I'm happy!

I also have the following week off of work, and I intend to use it as spring cleaning time around the apartment.  I have a list of chores I need to get done this week!

Wash the curtains, clean the blinds, clean the windows, clean and dust all surfaces,  remove all 'knick-knacks' from shelves and dust/clean the shelves and knick-knacks, clean oven & refrigerator, move furniture to dust and vacuum under and beneath everything, put "carpet fresh" on the carpets and vacuum, scrub out the tub and bathroom, straighten slanted albums hung on wall, get Easter supplies.

I may need time off to rest u from my time off.  :laugh:

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16067 on: April 14, 2019, 12:51:13 pm »
Wash the curtains, clean the blinds, clean the windows, clean and dust all surfaces,  remove all 'knick-knacks' from shelves and dust/clean the shelves and knick-knacks, clean oven & refrigerator, move furniture to dust and vacuum under and beneath everything, put "carpet fresh" on the carpets and vacuum, scrub out the tub and bathroom, straighten slanted albums hung on wall, get Easter supplies.

Let's see. Here's my tally.

I washed my curtains once. I have never cleaned the blinds (but then, rarely pull them down). I have hired professionals to clean my windows. I have cleaned and dusted surfaces, knick-knacks, etc., but possibly not as thoroughly as you will. I have a self-cleaning oven. I clean the refrigerator every few months. I occasionally move the furniture to vaccuum but have never used "carpet fresh." I have scrubbed the tub and bathroom, have no albums on my wall and have bought Easter supplies many times, but not since my kids were young(er).

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #16068 on: April 14, 2019, 02:44:49 pm »
Spring cleaning! How I wish I had the time to lavish on my own living quarters. It looks like I will have two units coming vacant in the next month or two, so I'll likely be doing all those things, except straightening album covers, at my rental spaces. The Wall Street Journal had an article about how people don't clean their refrigerators enough. How they take their fridges for granted until they break. SO, recently, I decided to clean my freezer. A challenge, since it (as usual) was completely full of frozen food, some of it not really recognizable.

I started by getting out a large plastic shopping bag and started emptying the freezer. A few items looked appetizing and were put into the fridge to thaw and eat. A few items were put into the trash, dated several years ago. With the surfaces exposed, I washed them quickly with hot water and a sponge, followed by a baking soda/vinegar solution squirted on and wiped off. I then replaced the frozen food in better order. The whole process took 10 minutes! I'm definitely going to do that more often. Plus, I didn't even have to go grocery shopping for a whole week!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16069 on: April 14, 2019, 03:46:24 pm »
Let's see. Here's my tally.

I washed my curtains once. I have never cleaned the blinds (but then, rarely pull them down). I have hired professionals to clean my windows. I have cleaned and dusted surfaces, knick-knacks, etc., but possibly not as thoroughly as you will. I have a self-cleaning oven. I clean the refrigerator every few months. I occasionally move the furniture to vaccuum but have never used "carpet fresh." I have scrubbed the tub and bathroom, have no albums on my wall and have bought Easter supplies many times, but not since my kids were young(er).
You are not alone. I bought new curtains when I moved to my house in Australia in 1982 and nevr washed them they were heavy drapes and would have needed professional washing. I have the curtains that were in this house  when I moved here in 2010, never washed by me. In Australia I had horizontal venetian blinds i nthe bedrooms and they needed a thorough cleaning (outside with hose and scrubbing brush) once per year. Then not long before leaving I bought vertical blinds for my bedroom, wonderful so they are throughout my house here and do not need cleaning just a flick with duster occasionally. Also get a professional to clean the windows but it has been 2 years since the last time. I do clean the kitchen window as it does get splashed occasionally when cooking. Also it is the only one I realy look out of regularly, it has aview over the ocean.  Have never cleaned the oven bought 9 years ago. I looked recently but it is clean. Of course I clean the grill and the stove top. Yes the refrigerator needs cleaning a few times each year. Vacuum occasionally every few months, more often the kitchen floor. Scrub the bathroom (do not have a bath tub just a shower). I will buy some Easter 'eggs' (probably Bilbies, never rabbits they are pests) and cards for my sister and brother-in law after I fly to Sydney tomorrow. Assume she will buy the Hot Cross Buns which are essential for Good Friday. We are having lunch out at a friend of hers on Easter Day. The friend has Lithuanian/German culture and loves cooking. My sister is like me and hates cooking.