Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8743246 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16080 on: April 16, 2019, 12:17:06 pm »
Do you have to clean the oven by hand? That doesn't sound fun.

I've always had self-cleaning ovens. Or I should say, the only times I've ever cleaned my oven were when I had self-cleaning ovens. It's possible I had others that weren't but it just never occurred to me to clean them.  :laugh:

I remember watching my mother do that.  :P

When I've used the self-cleaning feature on my oven, it fried the delicate electronics, so I've stuck with hand cleaning since then. I've cleaned many an oven. I'd probably faint if a renter actually cleaned the oven before leaving the place.  :laugh:

It's not as bad as you might think. You remove any crusty stuff, then spray on the oven cleaner, leave it to do its work, and then wipe it off. If you have nice thick rubber gloves, it's a piece of cake.

No, I don't have a self-cleaning oven.  It's pretty easy, as Lee said.  Fortunately, I didn't have a lot of "crusty" stuff around to clean.  When I cook/bake in the oven, I put aluminum foil on the racks, so if anything should bubble/spill over, it's just a matter of removing the foil.  It was really just a matter of removing the spatter.  I sprayed it with the Easy-off, let it sit for 40 minutes, and then was able to wipe it right off, and then give everything a quick rinse.

;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16081 on: April 16, 2019, 04:34:25 pm »
Progress being made, more to cross off the list!

Wash the curtains, clean the blinds, clean the windows, clean and dust all surfaces,  remove all 'knick-knacks' from shelves and dust/clean the shelves and knick-knacks, clean oven & refrigerator, move furniture to dust and vacuum under and beneath everything, put "carpet fresh" on the carpets and vacuum, scrub out the tub and bathroom, straighten slanted albums hung on wall, get Easter supplies.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16082 on: April 17, 2019, 07:51:10 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Happy Hump Day everyone!

I hope that everyone is having a great week!   The week is flying by, and I'm going to miss having the time to sleep in when I want to!   :laugh:

That being said, everything I wanted to get done this week on my time off is falling into place.   Here is my original list:

Progress being made, more to cross off the list!

Wash the curtains, clean the blinds, clean the windows, clean and dust all surfaces,  remove all 'knick-knacks' from shelves and dust/clean the shelves and knick-knacks, clean oven, clean refrigerator, move furniture to dust and vacuum under and beneath everything, put "carpet fresh" on the carpets and vacuum, scrub out the tub and bathroom, straighten slanted albums hung on wall, get Easter supplies.

and here it is updated, everything that is done is crossed off.

Wash the curtains, clean the blinds, clean the windows, clean and dust all surfacesremove all 'knick-knacks' from shelves and dust/clean the shelves and knick-knacks, clean oven, clean refrigerator, move furniture to dust and vacuum under and beneath everything, put "carpet fresh" on the carpets and vacuum, scrub out the tub and bathroom, straighten slanted albums hung on wall, get Easter supplies.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16083 on: April 18, 2019, 08:34:23 am »
What did you get for your Easter supplies?

Also, what is "straighten slanted albums hung on the wall"? Is it that you use album covers like paintings or posters, as wall decoration? I'm curious, because some of these are pretty big projects -- curtains, for example -- whereas if the albums are crooked, couldn't you just reach out and straighten them any time you notice it? Or is it more complicated than that?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16084 on: April 18, 2019, 09:02:57 am »
Wash the curtains,

Did you take down your winter drapes and hang up your summer sheers?

June Cleaver ain't got nuthin' on you, Sweetie!  :laugh:  :-*
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16085 on: April 18, 2019, 04:55:21 pm »
June Cleaver ain't got nuthin' on you, Sweetie!  :laugh:  :-*

Then again, June was always good about polishing the silver ...  :laugh: Somehow it seems like every time Beaver came into the house she was busily polishing silver.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16086 on: April 18, 2019, 08:19:54 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Oh, the week is flying by fast.

I hope everyone is doing well, and (if they celebrate) is ready for Passover or Easter.

Tomorrow is an odd day.  I'll kinda be working, but kinda be off.   I had scheduled the day off, and my coworker (Pamela) is going to have off next week.  She's going to Tennessee to visit relatives for Easter.  Well, she came in last week and said she found out her niece that she hasn't seen in over 10 years was going to be there as well, arriving on Thursday.  So she wanted to know if I would be willing to work from home on Friday, so she could leave Thursday night and get an extra day with her niece.   I said I was fine with it, and so was my supervisor.  I'll be signed on, but since it's Passover and Good Friday, I think it will be VERY slow, so I will still be able to get some other stuff done around the apartment for Sunday.

Spent more time getting the spring cleaning done, and it's time for the update.  Everything that is done is crossed off.

Wash the curtains, clean the blinds, clean the windows, clean and dust all surfacesremove all 'knick-knacks' from shelves and dust/clean the shelves and knick-knacks, clean oven, clean refrigerator, move furniture to dust and vacuum under and beneath everything, put "carpet fresh" on the carpets and vacuum, scrub out the tub and bathroom, straighten slanted albums hung on wall, get Easter supplies.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16087 on: April 18, 2019, 08:34:31 pm »
What did you get for your Easter supplies?

Also, what is "straighten slanted albums hung on the wall"? Is it that you use album covers like paintings or posters, as wall decoration? I'm curious, because some of these are pretty big projects -- curtains, for example -- whereas if the albums are crooked, couldn't you just reach out and straighten them any time you notice it? Or is it more complicated than that?

I'm giving out four Easter baskets.  One for Trenton, the rest to be shared (mom, dad, and Chris,  Trent's mom and dad, and then my brother & sister-in-law).  I had to get four Easter baskets, and then all the stuff I was putting in them.  Trent has no chocolate, as he can't have dairy.  Everyone else got an assortment of chocolates.

As for the albums, I have collected vinyl versions of every Madonna album she's released, and I have them on my living room wall.

These are hanging up over the couch, so I had to wait for the day that I moved the furniture to vacuum and dust behind it, so that I could get out the step ladder and fix the "off-kilter" albums.  While it sounds easy, there was a little effort to it.  LOL  I didn't want to damage the walls in any way, so they are hung up using those Command strips that are advertised on TV by MC Hammer and Tim Gunn.  The top two corners of each album have strips of Velcro holding them to the wall.  "Like A Virgin" (second from the left, top row) and "Greatest Hits - Vol.2" (second from the right, third row) both left corners had come unstuck, so I had to take them down, put on new Velcro, and then reattach them to the wall.

They are a nice square shape now, but come June of this year, Madonna releases a new album (Madam X) and that will throw my pattern off.   :laugh:

Did you take down your winter drapes and hang up your summer sheers?

I did not.  The curtains up there now are "black out" curtains with a special backing to help keep out the sun.  I keep the open most of time, but when the hot summer months arrive, when I go to work I undo the ties to let the curtains close, and help keep the apartment cooler.

Then again, June was always good about polishing the silver ...  :laugh: Somehow it seems like every time Beaver came into the house she was busily polishing silver.

There's a perverted joke in that line somewhere, but I can't think of one.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16088 on: April 19, 2019, 09:00:47 am »
Wow, what a productive few days!

As for the albums, I have collected vinyl versions of every Madonna album she's released, and I have them on my living room wall.

Nice!

There's a perverted joke in that line somewhere, but I can't think of one.

Good point. We'll just let readers fill in their own.

To borrow a funny line Jess once used here (in connection with something slightly different but the point being the same), "Oh, so is that what the kids are calling it these days?"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16089 on: April 19, 2019, 02:48:29 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

TGIF, and Blessed Passover to those who celebrate!

To all Diners who celebrate, Blessed Passover!