Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8741059 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16100 on: April 28, 2019, 11:54:44 am »
In our household, we call Cheerios "baby food". And, yes, it's flavored with apple or berry juice!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16101 on: April 29, 2019, 10:48:48 am »
In our household, we call Cheerios "baby food". And, yes, it's flavored with apple or berry juice!

It's the exact snack people often give toddlers who are old enough to eat solid foods and be entertained by a snack -- but not old enough to want cookies or chips or more exciting things.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16102 on: May 02, 2019, 09:10:51 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

HOw is everyone?

Work continues to be busy, but I'm glad about that, it makes the day go by quicker.

Bowling season is over soon, we quit for the summer in two more weeks.

Stayed up too late last night, but I HAD to, Madonna was on the Billboard music awards.  First time performing in 4 years, and she performed with holograms, so at times there were 5 Madonnas dancing on stage.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16103 on: May 15, 2019, 09:01:48 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Happy Hump Day everyone!

;D

Hope everyone is going well!

Mother's Day weekend was good.  My brother and sister-in-law couldn't come over on Sunday, so we went out for dinner on Saturday night.   I went over to mom and dad's place on Sunday to visit and get my laundry done.

The week at work has been good, I've been able to get everything done, and it appears that I'm on schedule with everything.  I've even managed to get some major work in the filing room  done, and it's impressed my supervisor.

;D

As of last night the bowling season is over.  ;D  I'm looking forward to the summer break.  The past 5 weeks have been really good ones for my team, and we've won all 7 points each night, and we've managed to move up from 13th place (out of 16  teams) to 8th as of last night.  ;D

I'm looking into new cars, and I'm thinking that if all goes according to plan, I'll have a new vehicle by the end of the month, or by the beginning of June.

This is what I'm looking at.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #16104 on: May 15, 2019, 11:42:18 pm »
That looks like a muscle car!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16105 on: May 16, 2019, 10:08:22 am »
That's a big one! Do you haul stuff around a lot, Chuck?

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16106 on: May 16, 2019, 06:11:54 pm »
Chuck hauls a lot of pearls around all the time.

Also, he needs a big car to quickly pack up his stuff and get away when the zombies come for him.

I think you're right, Chuck, to take these important things into consideration when buying a new car.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16107 on: May 19, 2019, 09:31:53 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

It was a busy weekend!

On Friday we had a power outage at work, and I had to work from home until 12:30.  I was able to get the cleaning done, and my laundry as well.  After work I had to run out to House of Cupcakes.

On Saturday we had a double birthday party.  My bday is Jan 15th, and my dad's is Jan 14th.  He turned 80, and I turned 50.  Mom wanted to have a party, but trying to have one in winter with the possibility of bad weather doesn't work, so we rented a hall and had the party yesterday.

It was a lot of fun.  About 110 people were there, and we all had a good time.   Planning the menu was some work, trying to make sure we had food for those who have dietary restrictions.  We had people who were vegan, gluten allergic, and dairy allergic.  That's why I was at House of Cupcakes,  I was getting some gluten free and dairy free cupcakes.

Got there early to set-up, stayed a little later to clean up, and helped my parents get everything home and sorted.

Today I had to go buy stuff for the bowling End of Season banquet.  The league pairs all the teams up, and each pairing puts together a basket that will be raffled off at the banquet.

I went shopping, and we're supplying the banquet with a "Classic Candy" basket.  With the $60.00 we donated, here is our haul for the basket.  You can click the pic to make it bigger.

As for the car, it's an SUV by Hundai called the Santa Fe.  It's about 2 feet longer than the one I have now.   As for why I'm getting that one,  I'm thinking of a move in the future, so that cargo space will come in handy.  Also, mom doesn't drive, and my dad now no longer likes to drive at night.  I may be called on to be a chauffeur for mom and dad from time-to-time, so I should have a car that has room  I will need.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16108 on: May 20, 2019, 12:27:57 pm »
Wow, your party sounds really fun. And happy 50th if I didn't say so back in January!

I went shopping, and we're supplying the banquet with a "Classic Candy" basket.  With the $60.00 we donated, here is our haul for the basket.  You can click the pic to make it bigger.

Glad to see the candy cigarettes! I love those (not the taste, but the irony).

I'm thinking of a move in the future, so that cargo space will come in handy.

Not far from your current place, I assume?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16109 on: May 20, 2019, 07:29:02 pm »
Wow, your party sounds really fun. And happy 50th if I didn't say so back in January!

Thank you!  It was fun, buy tiring!  I slept well that night!

Glad to see the candy cigarettes! I love those (not the taste, but the irony).

They had a lot of other stuff there too, I may have to go back.  They had a huge supply of off-the-wall sodas!

Not far from your current place, I assume?

Exactly!  I want to stay close to work, and family.