Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8744679 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16140 on: June 11, 2019, 05:39:06 pm »
Wow, so many different ways to spin the sugar!!

Re: your winged man, it reminds me of a scene in Rocketman where Elton leaves the concert at Madison Square Gardens and goes to the rehab facility, still dressed in his performance costume!

So many people have told me it's a really good movie.  I have no interest in it,  I was never an  Elton fan.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16141 on: June 11, 2019, 05:46:47 pm »
Me neither.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16142 on: June 11, 2019, 05:48:17 pm »
And btw Chuck, I think you'd be better off cleaning the bathroom after the plumber was there!  ;D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16143 on: June 11, 2019, 06:25:49 pm »
And btw Chuck, I think you'd be better off cleaning the bathroom after the plumber was there!  ;D

Or possibly clean the plumber. ...  8)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16144 on: June 12, 2019, 08:59:18 am »
So many people have told me it's a really good movie.  I have no interest in it,  I was never an  Elton fan.

I'm a medium Elton fan with a medium interest in the movie. I've heard it's good, so at some point I might go see it or stream it.

Unlike the Freddy Mercury one. I was not a Queen fan and I heard the movie was bad.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #16145 on: June 12, 2019, 11:13:09 am »
I dislike most biopics, unlike Oscar.

However, I highly recommend "Rocketman".  It's very energetic, not entirely linear, has big dance numbers and even fantasy sequences.  The lyrics move the story along.  Toran Egerton is amazing as Elton.  Jamie Bell (all grown-up Billy Elliot!) is wonderful as Bernie Taupin--lyricist of "A Love that Will Never Grow Old". 

Brokie connection!

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16146 on: June 12, 2019, 05:05:50 pm »
I have seen both. Although I am much more an Elton fan than a Queen fan, I actually enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody more.
I lined up for a few hours in 2011 and bought a ticket for Elton. It was the first big concert in our then brand new undercover stadium. It was the first time I had ever been to a rock star concert. I enjoyed myself. he is coming again on Feb 6 next year and I went online at 9am when sales opened, was willing to pay about $250 but the cheapest available was $360 so I decided not. Accommodation in Dunedin is already completely sold out (unless you are willing to pay $1000 for the night)
However I came out of Rocketman feeling very depressed. Seems ridiculous as we know that Elton has been drug free for 28 years and now has a happy family.
I am still glad I saw the movie.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16147 on: June 14, 2019, 05:14:54 pm »
Or possibly clean the plumber. ...  8)

:o ::) ;D

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16148 on: June 16, 2019, 11:03:49 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hope everyone is enjoying your weekend!

On Friday, I left work, drove past the mall, and went to FYE (For Your Entertainment - music/movie store) by my apartment, and found it's where FYE "used" to be. Found another FYE at the mall I passed on the way home (facepalm).  I drove back that way and went to that mall, and found out that this FYE has no new music. (facepalm). On the way out, on a whim, I stopped in at Barnes & Noble bookstore, to their music section. SCORE!!! I now own the CD and VINYL versions of "Madame X" by Madonna!

Only down side was they didn't have the deluxe version, but they ordered it for me, and it will be shipped on 6/21.

The family got together yesterday for Father's Day, because my brother and niece do a charity motorcycle ride on Father's Day, so they won't be around.  They are taking part in the 24th Annual Kelsey Charity Run.  An AMA sanctioned charity motorcycle run, it takes place every year on Father's Day, rain or shine! All proceeds go to help kids with Cancer & other debilitating diseases.  Donation $20 per Person.  After the ride, there are events and a BBQ.

We went to Maggiano's Little Italy for a late lunch/early dinner.  I had a dish called "Tuscan Shrimp and Chicken".   It was ziti in a red pepper cream sauce, with grilled shrimp, grilled chicken and cheese.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16149 on: June 16, 2019, 12:52:24 pm »
Yum!

I love how even when your family goes out for a meal, it's Italian.