Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8735783 times)

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16150 on: June 22, 2019, 09:41:34 pm »

However, I highly recommend "Rocketman".  It's very energetic, not entirely linear, has big dance numbers and even fantasy sequences.  The lyrics move the story along.  Toran Egerton is amazing as Elton.  Jamie Bell (all grown-up Billy Elliot!) is wonderful as Bernie Taupin--lyricist of "A Love that Will Never Grow Old". 

Brokie connection!
Really enjoyed "Rocketman" especially Toran Egerton and Jamie Bell! Want to see it again! Side anecdote, might be TMI: "Rocketman" was playing on the radio when my first child was conceived.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16151 on: June 25, 2019, 06:07:09 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hope everyone is doing well!

had a busy Saturday last weekend!

Trenton graduated pre-school, and it was his ceremony day.  Afterwards, he got to pick where we went to eat, and he wanted IHOP.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16152 on: June 25, 2019, 02:32:07 pm »
Really enjoyed "Rocketman" especially Toran Egerton and Jamie Bell! Want to see it again! Side anecdote, might be TMI: "Rocketman" was playing on the radio when my first child was conceived.

Somebody's rocket went off for sure, then.

Was there an exclamation of "Gun's goin' off"?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 05:46:34 pm by Jeff Wrangler »
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16153 on: June 26, 2019, 08:55:13 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Whew!  It has gotten hot here!   We hit 90 degrees today!  Summer has officially arrived.

This arrived late, but better late than never!   I'm ready for the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots.

I've also ordered a set of rainbow lights.  If they get here by Friday, I'll put them  up.  Otherwise, save 'em for next year.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16154 on: July 09, 2019, 06:20:32 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I hope that everyone is doing well!

I had my mid-year review the other day, and it went well.  My supervisor is pleased with my performance on the job, and likes my attitude!  How about that?!  :laugh:

Been on a clean-streak lately, putting things away as I use them, and keeping everything in its place,  so the apartment has been clean for a while now.  I also went to "The Container Store" and got a bunch of shoe-box sized containers.   I always keep my flags and lights for the windows in my coffee table where the lid lifts up, but they were all just tossed in there.  Now, each holiday has its own container, and everything in there is nice and neat.

;D

I also went through my two end tables which have the same feature, and realized the stuff I put in there I wasn't using, everything had been shut in there for over a year and not used, so I got rid of it all.

;D

It's July 9th, and I saw my first Christmas commercial on TV.  ::)  Apparently, Balsam Hill (the artificial tree company) is having a "Christmas in July" sale.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16155 on: July 09, 2019, 08:35:17 am »
I had my mid-year review the other day, and it went well.  My supervisor is pleased with my performance on the job, and likes my attitude!  How about that?!  :laugh:

Hard to imagine s/he'd say otherwise! You sound very conscientious about both. Maybe, "You should have brought more stromboli to the last office party because it was so delicious everybody finished it before I could get my third piece."

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16156 on: July 09, 2019, 06:54:58 pm »
Hard to imagine s/he'd say otherwise! You sound very conscientious about both. Maybe, "You should have brought more stromboli to the last office party because it was so delicious everybody finished it before I could get my third piece."

:laugh:  :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16157 on: July 11, 2019, 07:21:03 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

We're about to enter another weekend!

;D

Things have been going well on my end!  Work has been keeping me busy, but that's a good thing.

I have about a month to go before I get my vacation, which I'm looking forward to, even if I have no real plans.   :laugh:

I am looking to get a car cover for the Santa Fe.  My parking lot has a tree that overhangs it, and the car is covered in dirt and sap daily.  Not liking it at all!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16158 on: July 13, 2019, 02:26:45 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hope everyone is well!

I went out today and got the car washed, and tried to find a car cover to fit her, but the two stores I went to didn't have it.  I guess I'll have to order it online, and see if I can get it delivered to my local Wal Mart and then I can pick it up.

I never really considered getting one, but with the tree that hangs over my building's parking lot, I have to wash the car almost weekly to keep it clean.

Meeting friends for dinner tonight, some mutual friends are hosting at their place, so I'm bringing dessert.  I went  back to Glaze Donuts and got a pretty good mixture of flavors.

Top row: 2 Maple & Bacon, 2 Red Velvet
Middle row: White Chocolate Pretzel, Tina's Birthday, Reeses Donut, Oreo Donut
Bottom row: Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Fruity Pebbles, Ring-A-Ling, Italian Rainbow

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16159 on: July 15, 2019, 05:37:59 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Another weekend has come and gone. 

Oh well!  On to the next one!  ;D

According to the weatherman,  things are  supposed to get hot and humid  here this week.  Not looking forward to that at all!

At least the A/C is working well this season!