Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8734965 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16170 on: July 31, 2019, 09:18:44 am »
It's funny you should say that, I'm bringing donuts to work tomorrow!

Before I came into work this morning, I had to stop at the lab to have blood drawn. Of course I had to "fast" before the draw: no breakfast. So I told myself that after the draw, I would treat myself to a couple of Dunkin Donuts doughnuts in addition to my regular Wednesday morning DD coffee. I bought two doughnuts along with the coffee. Wouldn't you know: When I got into work, somebody had set out THREE BOXES of Dunkin Donuts doughnuts!  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16171 on: July 31, 2019, 10:57:39 am »
a couple of Dunkin Donuts doughnuts

Did you repeat the word because you prefer the ough spelling?  :)

When I got into work, somebody had set out THREE BOXES of Dunkin Donuts doughnuts!  :laugh:

I have a love-hate relationship with people who bring food to work. On the one hand, it's nice of them and in most cases tasty! On the other hand, oftentimes I'd rather not eat cookies that day but if I have to repeatedly walk past this big plate of them, how could I not? At a previous job, I just started saying, "No thanks, it would just trigger my eating disorder," which isn't entirely untrue.

The people I really don't understand are those who love baking so much they'll make things and then bring them to work instead of eating them at home. I mean, this would be in things where you can tell if part has been consumed or not, like a pan of brownies with none missing.

PS I looked at a preview of this and it was all in quotes and I couldn't figure out why. No missing /quotes. Then I finally noticed. On one side of a /quote, in place of an [ it had a {.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16172 on: July 31, 2019, 11:26:29 am »
Did you repeat the word because you prefer the ough spelling?  :)

It's true that I do prefer that spelling, because donut always makes me think of the verb to do, and it makes me think: doo-nut.  ;D

However, Dunkin Donuts sells more than doughnuts and coffee. They also sell muffins, bagels, and breakfast sandwiches, so it seemed proper to me to specify that someone brought in doughnuts rather than, say, bagels. From time to time, someone has brought in DD bagels, which, IMO, are pretty good for chain-store bagels.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16173 on: July 31, 2019, 02:51:08 pm »
However, Dunkin Donuts sells more than doughnuts and coffee. They also sell muffins, bagels, and breakfast sandwiches, so it seemed proper to me to specify that someone brought in doughnuts rather than, say, bagels. From time to time, someone has brought in DD bagels, which, IMO, are pretty good for chain-store bagels.

Good to know about the breakfast sandwiches. I think even major fast-food drive-thrus often have decent breakfast sandwiches, but DD's might be better.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16174 on: July 31, 2019, 03:33:59 pm »
Good to know about the breakfast sandwiches. I think even major fast-food drive-thrus often have decent breakfast sandwiches, but DD's might be better.

They are really, really good. They probably also have about a week's worth of sodium in one sandwich.  :-\

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16175 on: July 31, 2019, 05:59:51 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Happy Hump Day!

Remembering Rich today.  You are missed, friend!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16176 on: July 31, 2019, 06:02:58 pm »
Before I came into work this morning, I had to stop at the lab to have blood drawn. Of course I had to "fast" before the draw: no breakfast. So I told myself that after the draw, I would treat myself to a couple of Dunkin Donuts doughnuts in addition to my regular Wednesday morning DD coffee. I bought two doughnuts along with the coffee. Wouldn't you know: When I got into work, somebody had set out THREE BOXES of Dunkin Donuts doughnuts!  :laugh:

Isn't that always the way?  You go to work with food, and suddenly everyone has food.  One day you go in without food, and there is none around anywhere.

I have a love-hate relationship with people who bring food to work. On the one hand, it's nice of them and in most cases tasty! On the other hand, oftentimes I'd rather not eat cookies that day but if I have to repeatedly walk past this big plate of them, how could I not? At a previous job, I just started saying, "No thanks, it would just trigger my eating disorder," which isn't entirely untrue.

The people I really don't understand are those who love baking so much they'll make things and then bring them to work instead of eating them at home. I mean, this would be in things where you can tell if part has been consumed or not, like a pan of brownies with none missing.

I've told people in the past that me bringing in food to work is part of my diet plan.....I make myself look thinner, by making those around me fatter.

;)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16177 on: July 31, 2019, 06:32:53 pm »
I've told people in the past that me bringing in food to work is part of my diet plan.....I make myself look thinner, by making those around me fatter.

;)

That's an excellent plan!!  ;D

I may adopt it. Seems a lot easier than other ways to look thinner.... ::)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16178 on: August 01, 2019, 11:36:25 am »
They are really, really good. They probably also have about a week's worth of sodium in one sandwich.  :-\

I don't worry about sodium, and I'm a saltaholic and a soysauceaholic. My blood pressure has stayed good so far ...

What I count are carbs, and I'm sure the sandwich is full of those as well. I could look it up online before trying one.

On the other hand, I'm guessing the sandwich is lower-carb than a donut.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16179 on: August 01, 2019, 11:37:49 am »
I've told people in the past that me bringing in food to work is part of my diet plan.....I make myself look thinner, by making those around me fatter.)

A brilliant if devious scheme!