Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8733811 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17530 on: May 05, 2022, 11:27:44 am »
Yes, Durango, Cortez, and Pagosa Springs.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17531 on: May 05, 2022, 01:00:34 pm »
Did you stay in Durango?
Yes, Durango, Cortez, and Pagosa Springs.

I'd love to go back to Durango some day.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17532 on: May 09, 2022, 06:38:58 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Had a good weekend, and spent Sunday with mom for Mother's day.   We ordered an assortment of appetizers from a local Italian restaurant, and then shared them for the meal.

today was a slow day at work (thankfully) and I was able to get stuff done that had been accumulating since last week.

We're headed towards the end of the bowling season, I believe it's just two weeks, and then we're done until September.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17533 on: May 16, 2022, 05:06:00 pm »

Had a busy Saturday.   I met with family for lunch, and then afterwards we went with Trenton to a Monster Mini-Golf place.  We all played a round of golf, and then played in the arcade for a bit.

Sunday I went over to mom and dad's place for lunch.

Today (Monday) I took the day off as a mental health day.  :laugh:  I let myself sleep in, then relaxed for the morning, and then spent the afternoon straightening up around the apartment.  I put away some stuff that needed to be, but was too lazy to do it.  Then I did some dusting and vacuuming.  Now I can spend the afternoon and evening relaxing.

It's been a weird day weather-wise, flipping between downpours and sun.  We have sun right now, but the wind is starting to pick up.  Until 8:00 we're under a strong storm / tornado watch. 

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17534 on: May 29, 2022, 08:16:44 pm »

Memorial Day weekend here, and we are marking the "Unofficial" start of summer.

Signed off from work at Friday, and my first official duty was to get to CVS and get my second Covid booster.   No reactions at all whatsoever, so that was good.

:)

Spent some time on Saturday and Sunday (today) doing some cleaning.  On Tuesday it's my bowling league's End of Season Banquet, and my two teammates are coming to my place after work, and then I'm driving us all to the banquet hall.

This week has been hell for my allergies, and my eyes have been itchy and red.  Woke up today, and I had to pry them open, so I showered and went to the Urgent Care center.  I was diagnosed with Conjunctivitis (pink eye).   Apparently if allergies linger for a while, it can turn to pink eye.  I got a prescription ointment that I need to apply 4 times a day.  I've applied it twice, and I can already feel a difference.

Did some baking today, to try out a recipe that I intend to use during pride month.   You can see it here.

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,6108.msg718716.html#msg718716

Tomorrow I'll be at a Memorial Day parade where my grand nephew Trenton is marching in, with his little league team.  After that, I have a BBQ to go to for a bit, and then home to do some last minute cleaning for Tuesday.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17535 on: May 29, 2022, 08:42:56 pm »
I'm looking forward to Pride Month too! I hope your eyes recover... I've had the hardest reactions to pollen this year as well. Sneezing and red/swollen eyes--frightening!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17536 on: May 30, 2022, 11:09:48 am »
I'm looking forward to Pride Month too! I hope your eyes recover... I've had the hardest reactions to pollen this year as well. Sneezing and red/swollen eyes--frightening!

Yes. "Pink Eye," or, at least as the term was used when I had it decades ago, is a bacterial infection and highly contagious--or at least that's what I was told when I had it.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17537 on: May 30, 2022, 01:04:17 pm »

Home from the parade, Trenton was happy to see us all there.   Traffic getting there and getting home was not bad at all, so no complaints.

I'm not going to the BBQ today.  I called my friend and explained that I have pink eye, and that if she'd rather I not come, I would understand.  She replied, and thanked me for calling first.  She said under normal circumstances she would say "no big deal, come anyway" but tomorrow her mom (who will be at the bbq) is having a medical procedure, and her daughter (who will also be there) has her prom on Wednesday, so just to protect them, I'm not going.

So I can spend the day indoors, apply my meds, and be in the A/C, which is just fine by me.   ;D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17538 on: May 30, 2022, 01:21:06 pm »
That was the right decision, I think. Enjoy the peace and quiet!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17539 on: May 30, 2022, 01:40:41 pm »
I am.  I made a cheeseburger on the oven,  had some of the cookies I made, and will relax for the day.

I also called my teammates and my bowling league president, to let them know I would not be in attendance at the banquet tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 07:13:12 pm by CellarDweller »