Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8733975 times)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17570 on: July 10, 2022, 12:31:24 pm »
It really was one heck of a movie!  ;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17571 on: July 11, 2022, 10:31:01 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well!

I scheduled a week's worth of 'stay-cation' in August, not sure if I'm actually going to use it.  One of the people on my team who does the same job as me is out until September, for military reservist duty.  On top of that, a second left today for maternity leave, so the team is down two people already.  Technically, they can't stop me from taking the time off, we have to take it by end of year, or we lose it, but at the same time, I don't want to leave the team so short handed.  I'll have to see what happens.

I do have an appointment one day that week for my car to get its regular service, so that will have to happen regardless.

I don't recall if I mentioned this already, but I had my mid-year review last week, it went well, so that was a good thing that happened.

The week of the 18th, another coworker is taking a week off, and the EA (Executive Assistant) is out of the office as well, and there is some sort of large meeting going on at the office, so she's made all the necessary preparations for the meetings (two-days worth) ahead of time, but has asked me to be around those days as a back up if anything is needed for the meetings.

Should be a fun week.   ::)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17572 on: July 14, 2022, 02:30:45 pm »

I hope everyone is doing well!   Does anyone have good plans for the weekend?

This month is a 3 paycheck month, so I'll have some extra cash to stock away in the savings account, and Friday is grocery pick-up day, I'll be grabbing them after work.

other than that, I have no big plans for the weekend.  Just get some stuff straightened out around the apartment, and get my workouts in.

Today I was at the office, needed to get some stuff done, and anticipated leaving at 3:00, but it was quiet, and I got everything done by 1:00, so I left for home, and got here at 1:30.  I'm logged in, and finishing out the day from the apartment.

Middle of July already.  Not long until it's time for harvest fests.  I may go to some harvest things this year, and take some pics.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17573 on: July 15, 2022, 08:06:41 pm »
Congratulations on the 20, Chuck!

My weight has gone up and I've finally realized it's because I'm not moving as much working from home, especially in my new apartment. When I worked downtown, even if I didn't formally exercise on a given day, I would walk from the parking ramp to the office to my desk and back, the bathroom was around a corner and down a hall, at lunchtime I might walk to get a salad or whatever. Now my bedroom, desk, coffee, fridge and bathroom are all within 700 square feet.

I'm experiencing more back pain, too, and I think that's also because I sit more. I'm going to look back over your new regimen and see what I can adopt from it.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17574 on: July 15, 2022, 08:10:02 pm »
I was lucky today, though! I had received a $177 check from the state for some reason (overpaid taxes or whatever) but when I took it to the bank they couldn't cash it. It had come in one of those things where you have to tear off the four serrated sides and in opening it I had accidentally ripped off part of the check's serial number.

I went home and dug through a bagful of recycling and found a shred of paper with numbers on it. I took it into the bank and the teller was able to hold them together and cash the check!

I deposited most of it, but I should have used my cash back to buy a lottery ticket!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17575 on: July 15, 2022, 08:41:08 pm »
I'm experiencing more back pain, too, and I think that's also because I sit more. I'm going to look back over your new regimen and see what I can adopt from it.

Me, too. My posture sucks.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17576 on: July 16, 2022, 07:16:50 pm »

I'm having a quiet weekend here, just relaxing, surfin' the 'net, cleaning a bit, and doing some online jigsaw puzzles.

When I was working from home on Friday, mom came into the basement, and was annoyed that she and dad couldn't find any patio lounge chairs that she wanted to put on the front porch.  I took a break from work to do some shopping, and searched online with her, and aside from the stores she and dad tried (Target, Walmart) I searched some others, and found what she wanted on Big Lots.  They were supposed to be delivered today.  I haven't spoken to them today, but I'll be seeing them tomorrow, so I'll find out then, and if they need to be assembled, I'll help with that too.

Congratulations on the 20, Chuck!

My weight has gone up and I've finally realized it's because I'm not moving as much working from home, especially in my new apartment. When I worked downtown, even if I didn't formally exercise on a given day, I would walk from the parking ramp to the office to my desk and back, the bathroom was around a corner and down a hall, at lunchtime I might walk to get a salad or whatever. Now my bedroom, desk, coffee, fridge and bathroom are all within 700 square feet.

Me, too. My posture sucks.

Thanks Katy!  Yes, being in one small apartment, the options for exercise don't readily present themselves.

I haven't noticed any real backpain, but like Jeff, my posture can be an issue.  I find myself sliding down in my computer chair, and I have to force myself to sit up properly.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17577 on: July 16, 2022, 07:42:35 pm »
I have a pillow that goes right where my spine meets the chair and it keeps my spine in line. I hardly ever have back problems. Only time is when holding a baby for too long.

My exercise routine is to work out early in the morning, starting about 7:30 or 8 am, while it is cool. About 9:30 it is starting to get hot so I come in and do some computer work. I alternate working in the garden and computer work all day as the weather allows. Sometimes I don't get outside again until about 6 pm. I work out in my yard until dusk.

Keeping myself nourished is a major challenge sometimes. Lately, I've been making what I call "main dish salads." I begin by shredding some lettuce/greens into a bowl, then I add steamed veggies, pickles, hard boiled eggs, beans, olives, and some tuna or grilled chicken. I make my own ranch dressing from yogurt, low-fat buttermilk, and Penzey's spices. I sprinkle herbs over the top and sometimes grate some asiago cheese. I find it delicious but I usually wake up famished each morning.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17578 on: July 18, 2022, 12:36:50 pm »

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Had lunch with mom and dad yesterday, we had eggplant parm and some cauliflower pasta.  When I got there, the new lounge chairs they ordered were already on the porch, they had arrived assembled, so no work needed on anyone's parts.

one of my coworkers is on vacation this week, so I'll be helping to cover her customers while she's out.  On top of that, there are two days of meetings at the office on Wednesday and Thursday, so I'll need to be there to help coordinate things, as the Executive Assistant is out of the office this week as well.  Also, my 'Monster Report' may be arriving on Friday, so I'll be busier than usual.

I get the feeling I'll be happy when the next weekend arrives.

I have a pillow that goes right where my spine meets the chair and it keeps my spine in line. I hardly ever have back problems. Only time is when holding a baby for too long.

My exercise routine is to work out early in the morning, starting about 7:30 or 8 am, while it is cool. About 9:30 it is starting to get hot so I come in and do some computer work. I alternate working in the garden and computer work all day as the weather allows. Sometimes I don't get outside again until about 6 pm. I work out in my yard until dusk.

Keeping myself nourished is a major challenge sometimes. Lately, I've been making what I call "main dish salads." I begin by shredding some lettuce/greens into a bowl, then I add steamed veggies, pickles, hard boiled eggs, beans, olives, and some tuna or grilled chicken. I make my own ranch dressing from yogurt, low-fat buttermilk, and Penzey's spices. I sprinkle herbs over the top and sometimes grate some asiago cheese. I find it delicious but I usually wake up famished each morning.

I just finished  chef's salad myself.  I tend to eat my biggest meal for breakfast, lighter for lunch, and then a protein shake for dinner.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17579 on: July 23, 2022, 02:12:51 pm »

*sings*   

Some like it hot and some sweat when the heat is on
Some feel the heat and decide that they can't go on
Some like it hot, but you can't tell how hot 'til you try
Some like it hot, so let's turn up the heat 'til we fry

It has been HOT here in NJ the last few days.  It started on Wednesday (if I'm remembering correctl) and looks to stretch into next week.  Temps have bee about 95 or higher, and humidity thrown into the mix too.

Bring on late September!  LOL   I want my fall colors and temps, and none of that Indian Summer bullshit!   :laugh:

This past week has been busy, I was covering for two people who were out of the office, so I was unable to exercise as much as I usually do.  However, I've done enough to drop a few more pounds, so the trend continues.

;D

Having a late lunch / early dinner with a friend today, and then laundry and a visit with the parents on Sunday.

Hope everyone is keeping cool.