Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8844433 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17670 on: September 18, 2022, 03:13:31 pm »
When you mention Teddy Roosevelt I always think of how he literally got SHOT and continued speaking for another hour.

Nobody would do that now. I mean, understandably so, but still ...

Those Roosevelts were really something.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17671 on: September 18, 2022, 03:26:14 pm »
Opera is supposed to be so highbrow, but it's not! Most of the characters are so one dimensional and stereotyped. The music is often wonderful, but the style of singing can sometimes be overblown. On the audience side, I have issues with people who want to be seen at the opera, although Denver is an eclectic crowd with children and people wearing cowboy boots. And the price of it...I could see a dozen movies for the same price. Not that I have to pay, but when I go with M. I feel obligated in other ways.

Somewhere around here a long time ago there were posts about bari-hunks. I would think that's at least one reason to go to the opera, especially if they take their shirts off--which one did here a few years ago in a production of La Traviata.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17672 on: September 18, 2022, 07:26:59 pm »
I can't think of any male (or female, for that matter) opera stars who I'd be interested in seeing without their shirt. But male ballet dancers, that's another story.

I've successfully turned down an invitation to see the ballet Dracula in October as well as an invitation to hear Lara St. John on the violin. But now I've been invited to see Swan Lake and I feel my resolve crumbling...
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17673 on: September 19, 2022, 08:41:39 am »
I can't think of any male (or female, for that matter) opera stars who I'd be interested in seeing without their shirt. But male ballet dancers, that's another story.

Just as many ballerinas are fairly flat-chested, in the men the torso is frequently only fair. It's the a _ _ and thighs that are well developed. In some modern ballets you can see the legs because the men wear only something that resembles a pair of Jockey shorts.

I've successfully turned down an invitation to see the ballet Dracula in October as well as an invitation to hear Lara St. John on the violin. But now I've been invited to see Swan Lake and I feel my resolve crumbling...

Not a bad decision, that. I've seen it, and it really isn't very good. The climax is, well, anticlimactic. With Swan Lake you at least have a great classic/classical score.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17674 on: September 20, 2022, 03:37:09 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

How is everyone doing?

Just got home from the office, working the rest of the day from home.   I found that if I have lunch at my desk, I can take a lunch between 2:00 and 3:00, and use it to drive home.  Doing this, I get home well before rush hour, and don't waste time sitting in traffic.

Tonight is bowling night, week three.  Season started again three weeks ago, it's been good so far.  We have a few new teams, and a few people who had left the league in years prior have returned.

:)

Last week, I managed to bowl a 168, and since my average is about a 110, I was pretty happy about that!  Gives me a 'high' to aim for during the rest of the season.

This coming weekend, I plan on getting some stuff done in the apartment.  I need to rearrange my Madonna albums on the living room wall.   One is becoming un-attached to the wall (now hanging crooked) and one has completely fallen off.   One top of that, I have two newer albums that arrived that I never hung, but will need to rearrange them all to get this done.

So, I found some new hanging apparatus by 3M, and I'll put them up next weekend.

I also plan to get some storage bins, and get some stuff that I have in my closet, and move it to the basement.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #17675 on: September 20, 2022, 03:40:15 pm »
Madonna will be so happy when she's properly hung again!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17676 on: September 20, 2022, 03:42:56 pm »
Do they wear black cowboy boots for formal affairs?  ;D

One would hope!!  :laugh:

Not always! See photo.

I must say, I don't have a pair of black cowboy boots.  I do have shoes to wear for formal occasions, but I haven't been to one in a long time.

Of course an image that will remain burned in my mind forever is a commercial with a pre-Magnum, P.I. Tom Selleck in a tuxedo--and cowboy boots. I'm sure I remember that correctly.

was this it?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17677 on: September 20, 2022, 03:48:00 pm »

What about the pair that starred as Jack and Ennis in the opera version of Brokeback?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17678 on: September 20, 2022, 03:48:28 pm »
Madonna will be so happy when she's properly hung again!

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17679 on: September 20, 2022, 04:06:44 pm »
was this it?

There may have been more than one.