Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8736347 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17720 on: December 03, 2022, 02:44:58 pm »
Been really busy on my end!   The day after Thanksgiving the monthly monster report I work on arrived, and I had to start working on that.  On top of that, it was also the day that my coworker went on vacation, so I was trying to get the report done, covering my clients, and covering hers.   So I was actually at the office a lot this week, and when I got home I had other stuff I needed to get done, so I wasn't here.

OK, so I guess you're one of those disloyal Brokies who prioritizes "keeping your job" over posting on BetterMost!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17721 on: December 03, 2022, 02:45:23 pm »
OK, so I guess you're one of those disloyal Brokies who prioritizes "keeping your job" over posting on BetterMost!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17722 on: December 03, 2022, 02:45:57 pm »

:laugh: :laugh:
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #17723 on: December 03, 2022, 06:55:10 pm »

:laugh: :laugh:

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #17724 on: December 03, 2022, 06:59:49 pm »

How is everyone doing?   How is your holiday prep coming along?  I'm heading over to mom and dad's place later, we're staring our baking.   we decided that instead of doing all the cookies on one weekend, we'll bake and freeze two cookies this weekend,  two cookies next weekend, and then work on the last two the week of the 12th, when I'm on vacation.   Then they'll be distributed on Monday the 19th.

Only six cookies!!??!! :o :o

I'm afraid there won't be any left for  your coworkers after you've mailed those six to me!!!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #17725 on: December 03, 2022, 07:01:55 pm »

Sonja >>>>>><<<<<Chuck's arm

You're envious coz I've got the pearls!!!

And you're horribly violent  >:( >:( That's no way to make me lend you my pearls  >:(

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17726 on: December 04, 2022, 11:43:02 am »
Only six cookies!!??!! :o :o

I thought about that, too.  :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17727 on: December 16, 2022, 02:46:59 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well, and just about ready for the holidays!

I have pretty much all of the gifts I need, and just need to wrap them.  I also got my Christmas cards mailed as of yesterday, so they should be arriving at their destination soon.

I was on vacation this week, so I've been watching the Hallmark Christmas movies, a few animated specials, and getting random holiday stuff done.

Christmas Eve we'll be at my brother and sister-in-law's place for dinner and gift exchange, and then home on Christmas Day.   Because the holiday falls on Sunday, I'll have Monday off.  :)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17728 on: December 16, 2022, 05:13:54 pm »
We don't get a holiday on Monday (or the following Monday, either). Which makes sense; reporters are needed every day (including holidays) so they should go in when it's actually just a regular day.

On the bright side, we don't have to waste a PTO day on the holiday itself. And since we'd have to use a PTO day for Christmas, if people want Monday off they can just take the PTO day then. But unlike a "real" holiday, those who do work don't get paid eight hours for a 5.5 hour day, which they do on holidays.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17729 on: December 25, 2022, 12:31:21 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I hope everyone who celebrates has a great holiday!

We went to my brother and sister-in-law's place yesterday to celebrate on Christmas Eve.

Michelle had dinner catered, so she only needed to worry about the set up.  Thank goodness she did, because he hurt her back, and was in a fair amount  of pain.  She made the best of it, but we left a little earlier than planned, so that she could try to relax.

IN about an hour, I'll be heading over to mom and dad's for some Christmas lunch, and then later I'll drive around and look at Christmas lights.